New mid rules

Does anyone else think working a double to end your week would be better than the rotating backwards bullshit?

If regs allowed, I would 100% rather work four 1500 shifts where the last rolled into the mid and was just a double shift so you're basically at work 16 hours. I guarantee that would be a better scenario respective to fatigue than doing a 1600 1500 1300 0600 mid, prove me wrong.

stop voting in those shit regressive schedules. We do a week of swings then a week of days rotating. If you have mids scheduled it’s 2-3 mids during your day shift week.

You guys bitching about schedules are missing the easiest solution. Staff the mid like a day shift. Back in the day some places they had full crews on mids, can you imagine?

Everyone would get plenty of recuperative time. Oh wait, this costs the agency money since we aren’t as “productive”. Oh and more controllers would bitch about having to work a mid.

You guys bitching about schedules are missing the easiest solution. Staff the mid like a day shift. Back in the day some places they had full crews on mids, can you imagine?

Everyone would get plenty of recuperative time. Oh wait, this costs the agency money since we aren’t as “productive”. Oh and more controllers would bitch about having to work a mid.
We just had somene fall asleep after the professional briefing... there were two people in the area. The area is also well staffed and not on six day work weeks. There’s more of a problem going on. People taking this amazing job for granted. It’s getting sickening.

We just had somene fall asleep after the professional briefing... there were two people in the area. The area is also well staffed and not on six day work weeks. There’s more of a problem going on. People taking this amazing job for granted. It’s getting sickening.

Waiting for a response from PushingTin

This latest propaganda they are pushing is just Johnny come lately bullshit. Instead of going to a difficult place and finally addressing the root of the problem --- a deathtrap unhealthy schedule from HELL --- they give you 2 Bayer Aspirin and then threaten you when your' heart disease didn't go away. The military did same with Motrin 800s. The schedules we work are unmitigated disasters that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. They suck the life out of you slowly until you are a shell of yourself...... "with an amazing job". What is so amazing about killing yourself in the name of 3 days off in a row? How many people have you seen schedule for Night, Night, Night, day, mid? The double quick turn. The "Ironman". OR 2 random mids? Or all sorts of crazy bullshit. Just shutup and work it because "they are allowed" to schedule that they say.

So you exercise Sick Leave strategically for your own self preservation and to lessen the blow while balancing the soul sucking quick turns with your actual life; and you are threatened endlessly with sick leave letters and little tacit threats that they're 'watching you' and you better not dare show up at so and so's BBQ or the game or anywhere fun. Because your are a scamming malingerer and you have an AMAZING JOB. Then when pushed to the wall you invoke Fatigue Leave in the CBA and you are hit hard from all angles with threats to your medical; which only raises your anger, stress, and quickens your hearts' 25 year death march. Double time! And you get self righteous coworkers who say things like how can people take this amazing job for granted!? This is the greatest job in the whole wide world! Mark Zuckerberg, Tim Cook, and Jack Dorsey are literally jealous of this job its so great we can make $70 an hour and live in Aurora, IL and buy name brand cereal, have all the streaming services, and watch them on the latest APPLE product on our mid shifts. Then crawl home and be zombified for a day and a half while the world keeps on spinning just the same. How could anyone not be willingly to kill themselves for THAT? All this can be yours...

You might be feeling young and strong and ready to work the busiest sector (like a fool) for 4 hours straight to show what an alpha you are, or "Give me all my days as quick turns, i'll get them out of the way quicker!", but you will be dead by 60 (if youre lucky). And no one at ZAU will give 2 shits. They will make some stupid "too soon" jokes about you and you will be back to the dust. The schedules are a joke. Its a slap in the face when you are watching and living a slow moving trainwreck and when a coworker finally crashes they are a disgrace to the profession. "Man that Ryan Newman crash was sickening. How could this have happened? I sure hope he is ok. Everyone on twitter please pray for him even if you aren't a NASCAR fan. O he's fine? Cool. K. Meet here again next week? Same bat time, same bat channel, hehe! Cya on double mids, but watchout theyre having a crackdown, some loser fell asleep! LOL oh geez sommme people". We must break out of this hive mind mentality.

TrumanShow.jpg

This latest propaganda they are pushing is just Johnny come lately bullshit. Instead of going to a difficult place and finally addressing the root of the problem --- a deathtrap unhealthy schedule from HELL --- they give you 2 Bayer Aspirin and then threaten you when your' heart disease didn't go away. The military did same with Motrin 800s. The schedules we work are unmitigated disasters that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. They suck the life out of you slowly until you are a shell of yourself...... "with an amazing job". What is so amazing about killing yourself in the name of 3 days off in a row? How many people have you seen schedule for Night, Night, Night, day, mid? The double quick turn. The "Ironman". OR 2 random mids? Or all sorts of crazy bullshit. Just shutup and work it because "they are allowed" to schedule that they say.

So you exercise Sick Leave strategically for your own self preservation and to lessen the blow while balancing the soul sucking quick turns with your actual life; and you are threatened endlessly with sick leave letters and little tacit threats that they're 'watching you' and you better not dare show up at so and so's BBQ or the game or anywhere fun. Because your are a scamming malingerer and you have an AMAZING JOB. Then when pushed to the wall you invoke Fatigue Leave in the CBA and you are hit hard from all angles with threats to your medical; which only raises your anger, stress, and quickens your hearts' 25 year death march. Double time! And you get self righteous coworkers who say things like how can people take this amazing job for granted!? This is the greatest job in the whole wide world! Mark Zuckerberg, Tim Cook, and Jack Dorsey are literally jealous of this job its so great we can make $70 an hour and live in Aurora, IL and buy name brand cereal, have all the streaming services, and watch them on the latest APPLE product on our mid shifts. Then crawl home and be zombified for a day and a half while the world keeps on spinning just the same. How could anyone not be willingly to kill themselves for THAT? All this can be yours...

You might be feeling young and strong and ready to work the busiest sector (like a fool) for 4 hours straight to show what an alpha you are, or "Give me all my days as quick turns, i'll get them out of the way quicker!", but you will be dead by 60 (if youre lucky). And no one at ZAU will give 2 shits. They will make some stupid "too soon" jokes about you and you will be back to the dust. The schedules are a joke. Its a slap in the face when you are watching and living a slow moving trainwreck and when a coworker finally crashes they are a disgrace to the profession. "Man that Ryan Newman crash was sickening. How could this have happened? I sure hope he is ok. Everyone on twitter please pray for him even if you aren't a NASCAR fan. O he's fine? Cool. K. Meet here again next week? Same bat time, same bat channel, hehe! Cya on double mids, but watchout theyre having a crackdown, some loser fell asleep! LOL oh geez sommme people". We must break out of this hive mind mentality.

View attachment 3392
If you think our schedules are whack you should check out nurses, police officers, firemen, workers who live in the burbs and take a 1.5 hour train to and from work before their 8-10 hour shift and dozens of other jobs that are way worse, way longer hours without minimum time in between shifts. The only people they schedule Swing Day mids traded into them. And I’m not defending Aurora because it does suck. Haha

I actually agree with a lot of this but I don't really know what a solution is. A lot of facilities obviously have to be open 24/7. If a bargaining unit wants and negotiates for a rattler to make their weekends longer, "it is what it is." I also prefer and think week of days/week of nights is better. Well, actually I would prefer having straight days/nights for a month or year or something but you'd never get a a BU to go for that.

I actually agree with a lot of this but I don't really know what a solution is. A lot of facilities obviously have to be open 24/7. If a bargaining unit wants and negotiates for a rattler to make their weekends longer, "it is what it is." I also prefer and think week of days/week of nights is better. Well, actually I would prefer having straight days/nights for a month or year or something but you'd never get a a BU to go for that.
Need to get more creative. Prison guards do week of days. Week off. Week of nights week off. Pilots average 15 days off a month

Need to get more creative. Prison guards do week of days. Week off. Week of nights week off. Pilots average 15 days off a month

Oh yeah I guess I was just thinking schedules within the confines of the current rules. Unless we see a series of incidents directly correlated to controller fatigue, there's no way we will ever work less than 40 hours in a week. Uncle Sam needs to get his moneys worth. Honestly I would be absolutely thrilled if we were staffed enough that I could even work 4 10's

View attachment 3392

Killing in the name.... Now you do what they told ya!

Fuck u I won't do what you tell me!

View attachment 3392

dude either just quit already or try doing something to actually change something rather than just complaining for pointsixtyfive karma.

How is shortening fatigue mitigation going to help with fatigued Controllers falling asleep lol
It doesn't. They were using the part that says controllers can't be required to normally work over 2 hours without a break. It always said that but they seized on this letter to take advantage.

Remember when you just worked a mid, didn't do dumb shit like fake the logs or go home, and just worked it out with the other person and everything was fine? I miss those days.

But I also remember mids back when there was no break and it was so unbearable; the fatigue mitigation made it at least a little sustainable. I feel like they will use anything to slowly get back there. Death by a thousand cuts.

Back
Top Bottom