New mid rules

Some of you guys need to work a salaried corporate middle management job to figure out what soul sucking is.

I joined the army... Out of my 5 years, oh wait 6 years because they stop loss'd me to send to Iraq a second time, I spent probably 18 months of the 6 years in the United States... And I was making less than 30k... And I had some pretty dumb leaders that would make faa supervisors look like Einstein!

I joined the army... Out of my 5 years, oh wait 6 years because they stop loss'd me to send to Iraq a second time, I spent probably 18 months of the 6 years in the United States... And I was making less than 30k... And I had some pretty dumb leaders that would make faa supervisors look like Einstein!

8 years Marine Corps, two pumps to Afghanistan between a 9.2 and 10.1 rollover. Not an airwinger either, so connex houses and A/C weren't a thing till you made your way to Leatherneck.

This job is kush.

If people hate the job that much like some do, go do something else. Then you'll realize how good this gig actually is for the most part.

8 years Marine Corps, two pumps to Afghanistan between a 9.2 and 10.1 rollover. Not an airwinger either, so connex houses and A/C weren't a thing till you made your way to Leatherneck.

This job is kush.

If people hate the job that much like some do, go do something else. Then you'll realize how good this gig actually is for the most part.

for reals. Before the AF I was an auto mechanic and then stuck in a cubicle for an insurance company feeling my soul die a little more every day. This job is heaven compared to both of them especially considering I’m a 2 time college dropout.

This job is kush.

I know what some of these words mean...

I know what some of these words mean...

You can relate though and understand how worse a job can get though, especially cooking the books like you used to.

If I had to go back to fleet management if I washed at the academy, I would have been tempted to make out with mossberg. Then there are people who have done nothing other than ATC who whine left and right.

You can relate though and understand how worse a job can get though, especially cooking the books like you used to.

If I had to go back to fleet management if I washed at the academy, I would have been tempted to make out with mossberg. Then there are people who have done nothing other than ATC who whine left and right.

I like to call it "suck starting a shotgun".

This job is amazing. Show me another one where you can only work 4 hours a day, get paid for lunch and still earn a pension. Not many out there. I used to build houses and it was twelve hour days with a half hour lunch if I was lucky, making peanuts.

This job is amazing. Show me another one where you can only work 4 hours a day, get paid for lunch and still earn a pension. Not many out there. I used to build houses and it was twelve hour days with a half hour lunch if I was lucky, making peanuts.

a fantastic pension, a social security supplement until we can actually collect, retirement at 56, amazing heath benefits, Roth tsp,our salary, Nearly unmatched leave.
But an annoying manager who calls me out for pretending to be my buddy on frequency while he’s at home sleeping the first half of the mid After I signed him in is gonna bring me down? Hah No way.

You are a brain washed sheeple
Say what you will, but I only know one person with a job that is comparable to ours, only lacking a pension. All my friends that spent years in college aren’t even close. I know you think anyone who appreciates the job must be management, but I’ve lived the other side and for a kid who barely graduated high school I’m killing it.
Like others have said, if the grass is greener out there, feel free. There are 30k+ people trying to get into this job, must be because it’s so terrible.

Say what you will, but I only know one person with a job that is comparable to ours, only lacking a pension. All my friends that spent years in college aren’t even close. I know you think anyone who appreciates the job must be management, but I’ve lived the other side and for a kid who barely graduated high school I’m killing it.
Like others have said, if the grass is greener out there, feel free. There are 30k+ people trying to get into this job, must be because it’s so terrible.

This makes me sad. I hate to see people chained captive by self imposed limitations. Do you really think this lowly of yourself!? This job is SO GOOD that it is beyond critcism? That is a devastatingly narrow minded view of the world. I want better for controllers. Better than unhealthy schedules and witch hunts for starters. And for those who said "we used to get NO BREAKS on the mid", that is not a convincing argument on any level. They used to give no per diem for OKC and pay fake Imposed Work Rules wages too. These posts and people that basically say "I am lucky to have this job because I am of little worth and at least it makes me feel better than my social circle who have college debt and even deader end jobs", are tragic. Free country tho. For me, working 4 hours a day and being paid for lunch is not synonymous with being successful or satisfied; unless its an episode of the Simpsons and you are playing the part of Homer. Don't stop believin'!

Homer.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said the job was beyond criticism. There is plenty to be improved across the board. I don’t think lowly of myself, but my other skills are building houses and stocking shelves at a Best Buy. I’m just realistic and not entitled, with my hand out expecting career pay for flipping burgers. I would need to invest in further education, because building houses I will not be doing again.

I happen to love the schedule and would absolutely hate Monday through Friday 7-3 every day. I would hate straight swings. And straight mids.
People are merely pointing out that the work environment in many ways has improved. There are a lot of great things about the career and I guess some of us just recognize/appreciate them more than others.

It's a brand preference thing, similar to sodomize my eye socket with a sig sauer.

Or rectal penetration with a hi point.

Lot of room for income variance.

Here ya go... If a controller was going to off themselves this is the way to do it.

Climb into a home built steam rocket. Launch yourself up and flip the bird to the tower guys... Might as well keep them fingers up because now you're whizzing past pattern altitudes, can't forget the pilots out there.

Apex hits the nose pitches over and it's all down hill so to speak at that point. Augar it into the ground.

Josephml21 don't forget to cause the carrier on final to go around cause the TRACON can get it too

This makes me sad. I hate to see people chained captive by self imposed limitations. Do you really think this lowly of yourself!? This job is SO GOOD that it is beyond critcism? That is a devastatingly narrow minded view of the world. I want better for controllers. Better than unhealthy schedules and witch hunts for starters. And for those who said "we used to get NO BREAKS on the mid", that is not a convincing argument on any level. They used to give no per diem for OKC and pay fake Imposed Work Rules wages too. These posts and people that basically say "I am lucky to have this job because I am of little worth and at least it makes me feel better than my social circle who have college debt and even deader end jobs", are tragic. Free country tho. For me, working 4 hours a day and being paid for lunch is not synonymous with being successful or satisfied; unless its an episode of the Simpsons and you are playing the part of Homer. Don't stop believin'!

View attachment 3395

I think your synonymous paraphrasing may have taken too much artistic liberty. Most people are saying, in comparison to other career fields, ATC is a fairly good job. Not a single person who is saying that hasn't criticized this job in some way on this forum. We aren't blind for utopianism, at the same time I'm appreciative for a career field that is generous in many aspects where outside the FAA you won't find it.

View attachment 3395

your reading comprehension must be terrible because literally no one said anything about what your just ranted. Saying “this job is great compared to what Ive worked before” or “it’s not as bad as some people say” is no where near saying it’s beyond criticism or a perfect job.

Honestly, I think you’re the kind of person who is only satisfied when you’re unhappy. The way you seek out the smallest things to launch a diatribe about makes you seem like you get off on stirring people up. You want everyone around you to be as dissatisfied with their life as you are with yours. You’re the definition of toxic.

Back
Top Bottom