No vote on BWS

That schedule makes no sense, the evenings would be flooded with bodies while the day's work short. In my 30 years we worked all kinds of schedules, but the basic rattler is what was usually agreed on. The ones that didn't like the mid's would work the 16-15-13-8-6 and the other's would do 16-13-8-6-23.
You have to consider that a lot of people’s goal each day is to find a way to scam into a morning shift from a evening one. Maybe the schedule takes that into account giving the evenings more of a buffer (plus most facilities are generally more busy on the evening shift after the early morning push).

You do that they pull your medical for not being strong or fit enough to handle the schedule the job negotiated and demands.

I told you this is the play book! As if a doctor is going to put his license and livelihood on the line to sanctify a terribly fatiguing schedule... just to carry water for some douche small facility ATM? pshhh, as if.

giphy.gif

We have a majority who signed a sheet saying that the FacRep implementing his own schedule is not appropriately representing his constituency that we will be sending to Santa.

I dong really understand why National is against voting on schedules when no one in national has worked a quick turn in years. I dont really think it's any of their business how often we vote on BWS on the local level, and why they would be against it in the first place. What end does that accomplish, limiting a vote on the BWS?

Its not a NEW thing for them to discourage taking a "vote", just a refresher for reps in their training. They never prefer a vote or anything that could be binding and tie their hands or take power/control away. They always prefer a "survey monkey" type thing. Your rep doesnt have to even do that though, as it obviously would have lopsided results and embarrass him. Then again, you can't shame the shameless!

The only instances I personally know of, of fatigue leave being widely used; is facilities who are always short on the dayshift and try to hold the mids over 2 hours for the morning push. The mid guys claim fatigue so as not to have to be constantly used as pawns to supplement shit staffing and incompetent scheduling. This Eve/Eve/Eve/day/Mid thing is very interesting because there are always people like Stinger , who legit love that schedule and dont care how many shifts are compressed into a small window, they just want to get them all out of the way and have more time off. Then there are others like me who think that schedule renders you soulless, dead inside, and a shell of a human being. You can viscerally feel the damage happening to your physical and mental health and know you cant do that for too long and live into old age. The powers that be will use those people who love it and say... so and so is ok w it, whats the problem? As if that completely validates it. Basically the fact that there are people willing to work it, makes it a workable schedule.

I do not think your interaction w the RVP will go as you hope it will. Fatigue is the main point to hit home though. No one can argue with a straight face that that schedule is not needlessly and gratuitously fatiguing. I tried to DM you but I've been rate limited on here (do to my interaction w all the trolls i assume?) so all my stuff runs too slow to even let me click anyones profile or private message.

Perfect example of the grass not always being greener at a large facility
If I've learned anything in my time in the agency it's that the bullshit gets flung far and wide and there's at least a fine shit misting on each and every facility.

Ive been to three facilites they all have issues, be it with the fed, the union or both. The FAA is a giant cluster fuck.

Back
Top Bottom