ODO rules

GulfBravoPapa

⭐SuperStar
When did the ODO rules change again? I feel like I missed a briefing because this five day elms (dumb method of distributing the information) is contradicting everything my current facility does. Apparently ODO now applies to IFR and VFR aircraft and includes parallel runways...? And can only be conducted during VFR conditions? Since when? And why do we keep changing the rules?

We apreq ODO arrivals and departures every single time, and probably 95% of the time there isn't traffic anyway. I can see the argument that it isn't "true" ODO if there isn't traffic, but (if they're IFR at least) it's still a departure outside tower's departure area, or an arrival into it. So the coordination is important whether or not we call it "ODO".

At my facility it isn't ODO unless there are two aircraft receiving IFR services involved. Although we do apreq arrivals if it is to something other than the advertised runway including ODO if it is opposite direction of the advertised. But we classify ODO only as the same piece of pavement, none of this parallel runway BS... So either I missed a briefing or this CBI is wrong.

At my facility it isn't ODO unless there are two aircraft receiving IFR services involved. Although we do apreq arrivals if it is to something other than the advertised runway including ODO if it is opposite direction of the advertised. But we classify ODO only as the same piece of pavement, none of this parallel runway BS... So either I missed a briefing or this CBI is wrong.
Come back tomorrow to find out if your right

I think it's the .3 that mentions a distance of greater than 2500' between parallels is no longer ODO. Too lazy to look though.
I think the .3 says no matter what the distance it’s still considered ODO now. Not sure if or when it changed.

I think the .3 says no matter what the distance it’s still considered ODO now. Not sure if or when it changed.
You son of a bitch... You made me look and proved me wrong.

Also the CBI says it applies to parallel runways and doesn't specify if any distance between the runways matters... Does this impact Denver's north/south configuration?
.65 defines minimum distance needed to allow simultaneous ODO, but it is still ODO.

So back to the original question... When did this change and why are we finding out via a CBI that isn't due until Sept???
Everything from the original ODO briefings I took part in said that parallel runways were still ODO. Provide a turn away and then visual separation can be used. For VFR, just provide a turn away.

Back
Top Bottom