OF612 Form

Cal617

Hey everyone, I just had a question about the OF-612 form. I submitted ERR paperwork to the southern region and was told by a few people in the agency the “OF-612” is an acceptable alternate to the resume requirement. It was also included in the blank ERR packet my coworker gave me, so I went ahead and filled that document out instead of making a resume. I don’t have any ATC relevant info to include on a resume since I was OTS and in college before starting here at my first facility and figured the 612 is more cut and dry rather than me trying to make a resume out of one facility’s worth of experience. The HR rep emailed back and said she is new to the position but from her understanding of the contract I need a resume and the 612 is not acceptable, but if I can reference where in the contract it says that it is acceptable she will take it. I don’t mind making a resume at all, I guess I’m just confused because I’ve heard different things and am wondering if anyone has a clear answer on this or if it’s explicitly stated in the contract that it is or is NOT acceptable. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!

The contract makes no mention of that form anywhere that I can find. Just put a resume in and describe your current facility and then just put some highlights of your previous jobs. Obviously it’s not going to help determine if you’d be good at your next facility but if it came down to 2 people with exactly the same experience in the FAA and you have listed a bunch of accomplishments from another job maybe you get the selection.

Chances are none of that will ever be relevant but you might as well.

The CBA just says a resume A42. Section 5
Hmm okay, thanks. I’ll get to writing up a resume then! Any guesses as to what the actual purpose of the 612 is in reference to the ERR paperwork though? Trying to figure out what it’s even doing in the blank err packet going around our facility ? maybe as an add on to the resume or something? Or it’s just completely useless and thrown in there for no purpose whatsoever

The contract makes no mention of that form anywhere that I can find. Just put a resume in and describe your current facility and then just put some highlights of your previous jobs. Obviously it’s not going to help determine if you’d be good at your next facility but if it came down to 2 people with exactly the same experience in the FAA and you have listed a bunch of accomplishments from another job maybe you get the selection.

Chances are none of that will ever be relevant but you might as well.
Thanks! I will definitely try to figure out how to finesse my college job into something worth while for an ERR packet lol. Appreciate the advice

Hmm okay, thanks. I’ll get to writing up a resume then! Any guesses as to what the actual purpose of the 612 is in reference to the ERR paperwork though? Trying to figure out what it’s even doing in the blank err packet going around our facility ? maybe as an add on to the resume or something? Or it’s just completely useless and thrown in there for no purpose whatsoever
I too recall there used to be mention of it, but I have never actually seen one used for ERR purposes. In fact, when I looked up the OF 612, I found that it's now no longer used and "obsolete": https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2011-06-02/pdf/2011-13704.pdf

I think some of the internal UsaJobs bids say you can use it in lieu of a resume. I originally thought it was listed in the CBA but saw that it wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom