OJTI Premium Pay Temporary Increase

I also remember having 5 on 10 off for months while many people lost jobs. I also remember trainees getting a free paycheck sitting at home and could have quit and found a new job any time instead of whining nonstop. Should have just fired every trainee in probation period so I don't have to see your bitching.
“Yeah the policy was dogshit, but it could’ve been worse so be happy peons!”- You

Well if you’re tired of hearing about the bullshit training restrictions while someone is also actively working the floor then maybe you should quit your bitching and find another job.

Remember how we aren’t privatized and are all government employees?

Sure, let trainees in and let trainers have the option to sit home and get a free paycheck. Tell me how your certification would have been faster.

Or maybe we could have worked out a way to have safely trained while I wasn’t sitting at home but working traffic next to my trainers.

Would love to know how that would have worked. My TRACON could social distance while working our normal positions with only certified controllers. Couldn't be done with a trainee added though.

Would love to know how that would have worked. My TRACON could social distance while working our normal positions with only certified controllers. Couldn't be done with a trainee added though.
Social distancing wasn’t happening due our position locations. Close contact daily with all members of my crew but can’t train.

I get not bringing in people to the area for the sake of just training. What doesn’t make sense is to not train people when they’re already working as part of the crew.

Social distancing wasn’t happening due our position locations. Close contact daily with all members of my crew but can’t train.

I get not bringing in people to the area for the sake of just training. What doesn’t make sense is to not train people when they’re already working as part of the crew.

Then yes, it should have been a facility by facility basis. Unfortunately the FAA/NATCA don't know how to do that.

The majority of the time there was no training there was also barely any traffic. I guess if you wanted to get certified on EZmode and then have a ton of deals that would've been a great idea.

Should have just fired every trainee in probation period so I don't have to see your bitching.

Remember when Canada just fired all their trainees?

I do. Looks like they’re going to be boned since all the planes actually came back. Real forward thinking from them.

LOL, ask Toronto Center how this has worked out. People have seen "Canada stay in Canada", but this new "USA stay in USA" is something else. They're fucked.

Set up a scope across the room for the OJTI watch and stretch that cord across to overkey if necessary. We suggested and they still didn’t let me get the last few hours on my last radar. But I was essential so I worked the whole pandemic. Didn’t get to bank my leave or sit home. We also went back to 5/2 by May

Can't wait for trainers to delay recommending certifications to get that extra 20% :p
Trainers are not required to recommend someone for certification. Management can certify someone whenever they want. IF a majority of a training team recommends, then management must do a certification skill check (but not necessarily certify).

I also remember having 5 on 10 off for months while many people lost jobs. I also remember trainees getting a free paycheck sitting at home and could have quit and found a new job any time instead of whining nonstop. Should have just fired every trainee in probation period so I don't have to see your bitching.
Well Canada did just that and fired all trainees in probation and they can now barely handle minimum traffic so we see how well that would’ve worked out.

Back
Top Bottom