OJTI Premium Pay Temporary Increase

Beginning PP20 2022 through PP20 2023, OJTI's will receive a 10% increase in premium pay while conducting OJT for a total of 20% in order to increase training throughput in the NAS. Back pay is authorized in the event they don't get the correct pay codes inputted in time for the LES statements in the first few pay periods.
With the option to extend if both parties agree!

Beginning PP20 2022 through PP20 2023, OJTI's will receive a 10% increase in premium pay while conducting OJT for a total of 20% in order to increase training throughput in the NAS. Back pay is authorized in the event they don't get the correct pay codes inputted in time for the LES statements in the first few pay periods.
I don’t know that that’s really the problem but I’ll take it. Staffing or lack of trainees is often the barrier to training not OJTI willingness

I think the NTI has really fried a lot of folks. A few friends have said their facilities are training every hour of every day, well beyond the requirements of the NTI - but that there is no other option acceptable to management. This is gonna really help keep OJTIs a bit more motivated I think.

Remember that time Natca heavily contributed to our current staffing problem by saying it wasn’t safe to train for months on end but it was safe to work next to your trainers all day?
I also remember having 5 on 10 off for months while many people lost jobs. I also remember trainees getting a free paycheck sitting at home and could have quit and found a new job any time instead of whining nonstop. Should have just fired every trainee in probation period so I don't have to see your bitching.

I do. Looks like they’re going to be boned since all the planes actually came back. Real forward thinking from them.
Google "Canada Air Traffic Shortage", first 10 results not a single mention. Only staffing shortages are due to airlines not having enough crew/airport baggage handlers.
Google "US Air Traffic Shortage" every result is about an ATC shortage. It's almost like Canada didn't need those trainees to begin with and that's why they got canned. Also comparing Canada to the US is funny. ATL, DFW, and DEN combined have more passengers than all of Canada combined. I couldn't find actual plane count but I'm sure Canada has less than 10% of the traffic count the US has.

I also remember having 5 on 10 off for months while many people lost jobs. I also remember trainees getting a free paycheck sitting at home and could have quit and found a new job any time instead of whining nonstop. Should have just fired every trainee in probation period so I don't have to see your bitching.
Well if you’re tired of hearing about the bullshit training restrictions while someone is also actively working the floor then maybe you should quit your bitching and find another job.

Remember when Canada just fired all their trainees?
Remember how we aren’t privatized and are all government employees?

Back
Top Bottom