OJTI Premium Pay Temporary Increase

Inappropriate Language
LOL, ask Toronto Center how this has worked out. People have seen "Canada stay in Canada", but this new "USA stay in USA" is something else. They're fucked.

NAV Canada is a shithole, all they do is cut off American flights from going through their airspace. Imagine if similar onerous restrictions were put on all their YVR, YYZ, YYC, YUL, YOWs etc. Theyd be crying the blues! Keep maxxing those PAC donations.

Social distancing wasn’t happening due our position locations. Close contact daily with all members of my crew but can’t train.

I get not bringing in people to the area for the sake of just training. What doesn’t make sense is to not train people when they’re already working as part of the crew.

lol @ the idea that people can be socially distanced in a tower or small radar room w scopes right next to each other. Was always absurd on its face, and still is.

Remember how the Union backed and demanded privatisation while previously be staunchly against it?

Remember when Paul (et al) was being set up w a golden parachute for a "seat on the board" ? Lol now NATCA just hires these people for 300k "Chief of Staff" Assistant to the assistant jobs, and they pop up as guest speakers on NATCA's behalf. Incest is bad. weakens the gene pool. Hazardous to health. Remember that Hazard pay article in the CBA? lawls

Can't wait for trainers to delay recommending certifications to get that extra 20% :p

IMO 20% wont help certify anyone, but its at least a nice bone to throw to the OJTIs who are stuck watching trainees try to have mid airs and VGT style runway collisions. Having to train this current crop of trainees is cruel and unusual punishment. Higher shift differential wont help when you stroke out by 57! ☠️

Most of the post covid trainees are awful and unable to ramp back up to normal traffic. It seems theyve been irreconcilably corrupted by the 2ish years of loose easy elimination of standards and work ethic. "HEY, whadabout my EARLY SHOVE, WTF!" Thanks NATCA for sacrificing a generation of controllers at the altar of authoritarian fear mongering and mandates. remember JAB OR JOB? Mask UP 4 tHE MISH? Trainees were set up for failure by the people they were paying to advocate for them. Now theyre being washed in droves or sent to LEvel 4's in the middle of a corn field, eager to enter the NCEPT Hunger Games

Last edited by a moderator:

Remember when Paul (et al) was being set up w a golden parachute for a "seat on the board" ? Lol now NATCA just hires these people for 300k "Chief of Staff" Assistant to the assistant jobs, and they pop up as guest speakers on NATCA's behalf. Incest is bad. weakens the gene pool. Hazardous to health. Remember that Hazard pay article in the CBA? lawls
But… I was told one seat out of 12 is better than none! Privatisation is going to happen!!! Don’t worry about the rest of the board being dominated by the airlines!

Only a W if it’s permanent
Why were there no emails about organizing this? Did the FAA just say we are gonna offer it? I kinda get a whole paid parental leave thing-like it was happening with or without input to boost training hours...unusual to not hear one peep about it in an email, but then again we renewed the contract as well so who knows

Why were there no emails about organizing this? Did the FAA just say we are gonna offer it? I kinda get a whole paid parental leave thing-like it was happening with or without input to boost training hours...unusual to not hear one peep about it in an email, but then again we renewed the contract as well so who knows
I think NATCA knows the workforce’s dissatisfaction with the union is at an all time high. They probably whipped this together effectively to just throw a bone to membership while all the main issues still remain unresolved. Like if you live in a shitty apartment with a leaky roof, no air conditioning, loud neighbors, stinky hallways, and rat infestations but the complex puts a shiny new treadmill in the workout room. Everything still sucks, but “we did something nice for you, so stay quiet.”

IMO 20% wont help certify anyone, but its at least a nice bone to throw to the OJTIs who are stuck watching trainees try to have mid airs and VGT style runway collisions. Having to train this current crop of trainees is cruel and unusual punishment. Higher shift differential wont help when you stroke out by 57!
Literally every time I train. Good news for them though. Im less likely to unplug them now that im making 20%

I think NATCA knows the workforce’s dissatisfaction with the union is at an all time high. They probably whipped this together effectively to just throw a bone to membership while all the main issues still remain unresolved. Like if you live in a shitty apartment with a leaky roof, no air conditioning, loud neighbors, stinky hallways, and rat infestations but the complex puts a shiny new treadmill in the workout room. Everything still sucks, but “we did something nice for you, so stay quiet.”
WE GAVE YOU MORE MONEY AND STAFFING STILL SUCKS ITS ALL YOUR FAULT…that will be the message in 12 months.

I also remember having 5 on 10 off for months while many people lost jobs. I also remember trainees getting a free paycheck sitting at home and could have quit and found a new job any time instead of whining nonstop. Should have just fired every trainee in probation period so I don't have to see your bitching.
Oh yes, let’s all line up to lick the boots of our brave leadership for performing their most fundamental of purposes. I know it’s hard but think it over for a few minutes. No significant percentage of the workforce would fork over 1% of their salary to a union that is not capable of, at the very least, preventing unnecessary layoffs. Not to mention what new employee would be excited about joining a union that right off the bat let them down in a huge way. And then of course let’s not forget that the agency was never going to layoff the newbies anyway. Time didn’t stop because of COVID, people still got older, people still retired and the Agency still has a certain number of people they need to hire each year to maintain a NAS that will not collapse.

Oh yes, let’s all line up to lick the boots of our brave leadership for performing their most fundamental of purposes. I know it’s hard but think it over for a few minutes. No significant percentage of the workforce would fork over 1% of their salary to a union that is not capable of, at the very least, preventing unnecessary layoffs. Not to mention what new employee would be excited about joining a union that right off the bat let them down in a huge way. And then of course let’s not forget that the agency was never going to layoff the newbies anyway. Time didn’t stop because of COVID, people still got older, people still retired and the Agency still has a certain number of people they need to hire each year to maintain a NAS that will not collapse.
Not to start up the full circle but a TON of federal employees got stuck at home getting FULL pay-shoukd we have said we can't train so these guys need to get full pay. Is it time to switch off of the merit based system. If the trainee who only has local was getting the same amount I'd bet attitudes would change about getting them trained real quick. Our system is antiquated and unable to adapt to changing times and inflation we should take input on the next contract, or just you know email out they we renewed it

Lol there it is. I called that. The people most vocal against the union on this site have such a warped sense of the FAA’s true colors. If you think the FAA would ever come to the union offering the controller workforce a fucking dime more of money, you are sadly mistaken.

Lol there it is. I called that. The people most vocal against the union on this site have such a warped sense of the FAA’s true colors. If you think the FAA would ever come to the union offering the controller workforce a fucking dime more of money, you are sadly mistaken.
Did you actually read what you quoted before you decided to fly off the handle? That’s the whole point they were making. Obviously the union has been working on this for a while but yet again no communication good or bad before it’s finished.

I was saying that there wasn't communication and highly doubt the faa just offered it.

And they will be right. We are a part of the problem just as much as management and the FAA as a whole
Gotta disagree with you there. 20% won’t change CPC motivation (not sure where you work but here the motivation to check devs out is high) nor will it change the quality of trainee the faa is hiring and OKC is pushing out.

Sure…You could make it 50% and the only thing it would do is create a bunch of CPCs that shouldn’t be certified and who would be an enormous detriment to the NAS.

You can’t blame CPCs when there are trainees on the control floor who call traffic for “bonanza 9 limas” or “airbus three thirty twos” or “Boeing seven thirty nines” or ask how the runways get their “names from”…all true stories.

The faa is like an engineering firm who hires people with liberal arts degrees.

Unless there’s a change in who we are hiring there will be no significant change in anyone’s success rate. There are entirely too many trainees hired simply because they applied. And they applied only because they heard it was a good job yet have never had an interest in aviation. Aviation experience 100% matters and makes a difference in who is more likely to be successful.

Gotta disagree with you there. 20% won’t change CPC motivation (not sure where you work but here the motivation to check devs out is high) nor will it change the quality of trainee the faa is hiring and OKC is pushing out.

Sure…You could make it 50% and the only thing it would do is create a bunch of CPCs that shouldn’t be certified and who would be an enormous detriment to the NAS.

You can’t blame CPCs when there are trainees on the control floor who call traffic for “bonanza 9 limas” or “airbus three thirty twos” or “Boeing seven thirty nines” or ask how the runways get their “names from”…all true stories.

The faa is like an engineering firm who hires people with liberal arts degrees.

Unless there’s a change in who we are hiring there will be no significant change in anyone’s success rate. There are entirely too many trainees hired simply because they applied. And they applied only because they heard it was a good job yet have never had an interest in aviation. Aviation experience 100% matters and makes a difference in who is more likely to be successful.
Bonanza 9 Lima should be punishable by death but what’s wrong with airbus three thirty two or boeing seven thirty nine? If I were a small I’d definitely want to know I was following a 739 as opposed to a 737. Nothing wrong with being specific. Do you call all A319’s ‘Airbus three twenty’?

Bonanza 9 Lima should be punishable by death but what’s wrong with airbus three thirty two or boeing seven thirty nine? If I were a small I’d definitely want to know I was following a 739 as opposed to a 737. Nothing wrong with being specific. Do you call all A319’s ‘Airbus three twenty’?
You’re proving the point The guy above made ?

Man I just disagree. This job isn’t rocket science, I came in with 0 experience and crushed our training program.

Are there even numbers anywhere that support the idea that CTI/military actually do better than OTS? What is the difference in first facility check out rate?

The only people I ever hear parroting this line of thinking are butthurt CTI people who are mad they spent 100k+ on a useless college degree lmao.

You guys get a workout room?

Back
Top Bottom