OTS Hiring Campaign “Be ATC” with Bid Dates

to those who applied in the June 2022 ATC hiring bid...

Has anyone heard anything & how long do you believe that will take. I have talked to current air traffic controllers who have gone through the 'off the street' bid & through UND. I have gotten a great mix of answers on the time period from application to first message from the FAA to training in Oklahoma City. Also, does anyone know is there a list of training dates to choose from are would we be assigned a date?

It takes a good amount of time. I’d say the least amount of time before they contact you for the OTS bid is 6 months. That’s to do the ATSA test. Then after scoring all candidates, they start getting Medicals/psych evals. After all that, they they contact you and offer a start date. So, total time would be 9 months the least amount to start, to 18 months.

That’s what I’ve talked to the newer people and that’s a rough estimate.

to those who applied in the June 2022 ATC hiring bid...

Has anyone heard anything & how long do you believe that will take. I have talked to current air traffic controllers who have gone through the 'off the street' bid & through UND. I have gotten a great mix of answers on the time period from application to first message from the FAA to training in Oklahoma City. Also, does anyone know is there a list of training dates to choose from are would we be assigned a date?
As someone said in the main thread, expect to hear something for the AT-SA in September at the earliest.

Back
Top Bottom