Outbound Pause

The slate book was fine. But most members didn’t even vote on it. lol. People here literally said local natca was on board with the plan. So which one was it.
They also said the majority wanted to be red. So it sounds like both local NATCA and local management were in line with the controllers there. Who knows. It’s similar a lot of places. Some want to leave and some want staffing. Maybe it’s actually a hard problem?

They also said the majority wanted to be red. So it sounds like both local NATCA and local management were in line with the controllers there. Who knows. It’s similar a lot of places. Some want to leave and some want staffing. Maybe it’s actually a hard problem?
It’s not hard. If positions are open them then let people apply like any other business or agency. If you did that then you’d force the FAA to put out real bids with move money and other incentives to backfill. Now the FAA just has eveyone stuck and it’s working great for them!!! I’m sure there’s other stuck people in the nas would would go to Columbus if they had the chance.

This is wildly wrong about what’s going on at CMH lol it’s really funny to see you guys get all worked up about this when you don’t have all the facts.

Basically CMH has a very bad staffing problem (I know everybody does) and the CRWG aims to fix that (probably not) the staffing number will be raised from 41 to 55. However, in the meantime they are all working 6 day work weeks since 2016 with staffing triggers every week (just ask ZID) and it seems really counter intuitive to release people when that’s the case. It was suggested to NATCA and management that they write a request to try and raise the staffing projection number temporarily to potentially stop NCEPT losses to help the 35 CPCs who have been working their asses off for 7 years. The request also included verbiage to increase the request for controllers until proper staffing is met. This was all conveyed to the workforce and the overwhelming majority was on board. It was also stated that if the CRWG was not successfully passed that NCEPT “freeze” would also stop immediately and people would be allowed to transfer out.

This request was denied and all is normal. CMH will continue to work 6 days a week and have staffing triggers because the will of 1 person is more important than the rest. Chill the fuck out.

And fuck you Rick
As much as my heart bleeds for all those who are on 6 days... This take right here is absolute garbage. The FAA is responsible for hiring and you guys obviously need staffing... But waiting for the CRWG numbers is hilarious considering it will take years to get something close to those numbers approved ($$$$$). Your current staffing number says you can release so as much as the local and management don't want to release someone on the NCEPT let me just say to them both.... Suck it. Let someone move on to bigger and better.

It’s not hard. If positions are open them then let people apply like any other business or agency. If you did that then you’d force the FAA to put out real bids with move money and other incentives to backfill. Now the FAA just has eveyone stuck and it’s working great for them!!! I’m sure there’s other stuck people in the nas would would go to Columbus if they had the chance.

So your belief is to release people no matter if it puts the facility at zero CPCs. Not only that, you want the FAA to pay people move money to go staff the facility that had staffing but released too many people? Just because your belief is people should be able to move freely whenever they want?

Last edited:
How many scopes is CMH running during the day? How many on the mid? Tower positions? Do supervisors actually staff the CIC or is it a controller most of the time? A lot more goes into how many CPC’s a facility needs than the TCI. I’m guessing Dayton can’t be combined with the CMH scopes.

They’d have 6000 controllers and 6000 trainees in the system but sure

How many scopes is CMH running during the day? How many on the mid? Tower positions? Do supervisors actually staff the CIC or is it a controller most of the time? A lot more goes into how many CPC’s a facility needs than the TCI. I’m guessing Dayton can’t be combined with the CMH scopes.
I’m not 100% sure but I believe there’s a Columbus North, Urbana, Dayton, and maybe 1 other scope. So I would say 3 or 4. Most likely 4 because management.

At CLE, it’s almost always 3. 1 for CLE North, 1 for West (old MFD), and one for South (old CAK).

Occasionally Arrivals and/or sats get split off from CLE N. So theoretically. It could have 4 or 5 scopes open during the day.

I would imagine CMH is run very similarly.

Or they could pay people more to stay in place. If you can’t staff SUX at 70k per year then move the pay up. At some point people will choose to stay or attract people to come back home.
So they should pay level 5 tower level 7 pay? Level 8? Level 9? Where does it stop? Now you're paying some level 5 higher pay than other facilities, those facilities have to be bumped up or told to fuck off. Now the pay scales are insanely inflated which I'm sure most of you would love since none of you think about the ramifications of anything other than "pay me more".

So they should pay level 5 tower level 7 pay? Level 8? Level 9? Where does it stop? Now you're paying some level 5 higher pay than other facilities, those facilities have to be bumped up or told to fuck off. Now the pay scales are insanely inflated which I'm sure most of you would love since none of you think about the ramifications of anything other than "pay me more".
They're offering better alternatives to fix staffing. I get the FAA doesn't care if it's permanently short staffed but controllers do and they're the ones who will continue to leave as nothing gets done

Back
Top Bottom