Paid Parental Leave

Awesome!
Is there any mention of receiving back any leave used for childbirth prior to this law being signed?
Yea they are going to go back 20 years and write everyone a check within 15 days of the bill passing, tax free also!!! ???

Well goddamn, a person can hope, right?

I didn’t know this was an NCEPT thread, sheesh.
It’s not a stupid question. The Air Force extended its parental leave and applied it retroactively for children born within 365 days of the rule going into effect.

I’ve read it. My question was about the parental leave policy that is used today before this new act comes to fruition in October
You can take time off under FMLA but you have to used accrued leave in order to be paid.

I’ve read it. My question was about the parental leave policy that is used today before this new act comes to fruition in October
Or leave without pay. You don’t have to use your leave. If you use LWOP you don’t earn one pay periods worth of leave every 80 hours used.

You can take time off under FMLA but you have to used accrued leave in order to be paid.
Ok, my situation-

I have a baby due in May and currently waiting for my facility assignment. If I have a start date in April or May before the birth how will leave workout?

Ok, my situation-

I have a baby due in May and currently waiting for my facility assignment. If I have a start date in April or May before the birth how will leave workout?
Well you wouldn't have any leave to use but overall id say it's preferable to have to take time off before training starts. Ask HR if they have the FMLA paperwork since I know some facilities care about you having it complete.

Ok, my situation-

You can use all the leave you have built up, and then you will have to use LWOP. You don’t have to take time off either or take as much as you and the family need for whatever length of time your fmla allows. You will earn 4 hours of sick Leave per pay period and 4 hours of annual leave per pay period unless you have prior govt service and you earn 6 annual after year 3.

Do you have a start date at the academy? or your facility assuming you make it through academy? If your start date is for the academy and then you leave they will make you start all over, if that’s the case, I’d push your academy date until you and your family are ready for you to leave.

Ok, my situation-

Try to tough it out and see if you can do what you need to without using leave...if national gets the FMLA amendment bill passed and we end up getting paid FMLA starting in October, you can use FMLA until next May and save yourself a shit ton of leave. If the bill doesnt pass, though...you get the shaft.

Try to tough it out and see if you can do what you need to without using leave...if national gets the FMLA amendment bill passed and we end up getting paid FMLA starting in October, you can use FMLA until next May and save yourself a shit ton of leave. If the bill doesnt pass, though...you get the shaft.
As the bill is written it's only for babies born after Sept 30, 2020.

You can use all the leave you have built up, and then you will have to use LWOP. You don’t have to take time off either or take as much as you and the family need for whatever length of time your fmla allows. You will earn 4 hours of sick Leave per pay period and 4 hours of annual leave per pay period unless you have prior govt service and you earn 6 annual after year 3.

Do you have a start date at the academy? or your facility assuming you make it through academy? If your start date is for the academy and then you leave they will make you start all over, if that’s the case, I’d push your academy date until you and your family are ready for you to leave.
I got picked up on an experience bid and have 6 years of govt service. So, I am done with medical & security and waiting on my facility list. From there they will give me my facility with 3 start dates. I was just confused on what I would do if my start date was May 5th and then the baby comes May 15th

I got picked up on an experience bid and have 6 years of govt service. So, I am done with medical & security and waiting on my facility list. From there they will give me my facility with 3 start dates. I was just confused on what I would do if my start date was May 5th and then the baby comes May 15th

Either ask for a later date or get FMLA paperwork and take leave without pay since you will not have any leave.

Per Trish's Facebook post NATCA and the FAA have agreed to provide 12 weeks of paid parental leave to employees effective Oct 1, 2020

Back
Top Bottom