Personal copy of .65

tink

I was told years ago, like 9, that the FAA is supposed to furnish every controller with a personal .65 if they desire. Is this still a thing?

Thanks but sometimes I do like looking at real paper instead of phone/tablet/screen. Just wondering.
Doesn’t really work well when your on position. But you Dan print it at your facility if you really Want. Most people print specific chapters when they are studying

You guys don’t have prepackaged .65s laying around?

Thanks but sometimes I do like looking at real paper instead of phone/tablet/screen. Just wondering.
gf is the same way. We got this for her:

gf is the same way. We got this for her:

Wonder which controller is taking these home and selling them? ?

I’ve seen boxes of 20-30 of these come in when newly released, each individually wrapped. Your facility should have some in a back room.

Ask for one. If they say no, hit print on it next time you’re in the operational area ?.

I have done this with a document I wanted about 10 years ago, that was ATC related. Supervisor blew me off, so I printed it to his printer at the desk... 1000 pages and because of how I printed it, there was no stopping it. It was glorious.

Yes, I've been to 4 different facilites, and 2/4 had boxes of them sitting around for personal copies. Current facility does not and I was told I can print one if I wanted, but the printer has been broken for.....4 months? Guess Corona makes some things like the rules unnecessary. :rolleyes:

And if you're good (or bad) enough and your brain doesn't remember exactly where something is but you remember it was on the left bottom of a page in chapter 5, flipping through paper is glorious. IMO a paper copy on position is much easier to access then the SIA. And sometimes links don't work and then what? Technology is only good when it works.

Last edited:
Yes, I've been to 4 different facilites, and 2/4 had boxes of them sitting around for personel copies. Current facility does not and I was told I can print one if I wanted, but the printer has been broken for.....4 months? Guess Corona makes some things like the rules unnecessary. :rolleyes:

And if you're good (or bad) enough and your brain doesn't remember exactly where something is but you remember it was on the left bottom of a page in chapter 5, flipping through paper is glorious. IMO a paper copy on position is much easier to access then the SIA. And sometimes links don't work and then what? Technology is only good when it works.
Idk it always works at the center. It would be pretty bad if we couldn’t reference approaches and stuff

Idk it always works at the center. It would be pretty bad if we couldn’t reference approaches and stuff
Our IDS4 can wonky but works 90% of the time... and mostly then its just the weather that goes out. Who is flipping through a paper copy of anything on position??

Our IDS4 can wonky but works 90% of the time... and mostly then its just the weather that goes out. Who is flipping through a paper copy of anything on position??

I'd say a lot of towers. And a lot of other places too. I'm an OJTI and I can flip through while my trainee is talking or vice versa.

And I'm not the only one who thinks we should also have more paper copies in my approach building either. We only have one in the entire building. I think that's dumb.

You're supposed to have all those approaches memorized!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom