PHL

So is PHL guaranteed to upgrade to a 12 after absorbing the EWR area? Everyone on this priority bid would get 11-to-12 upgrade raises?
I'm sure the NVT will figure out a way to help them out. They tend to help the high level facilities more. Specifically in the downgrade department anyway. Curious to see how quick they upgrade them. Any word on their next meeting... ?

Whats going on in PHL? Is it just low staffing? Never seen a bid out like that for PHL. Same kind of bid for Chicago approach and N90.

Whats going on in PHL? Is it just low staffing? Never seen a bid out like that for PHL. Same kind of bid for Chicago approach and N90.
Nevermind, I read back on the thread.

When do they start selecting people on this bid? Is it when it closes next June?

So assuming anyone who applies is going to be working the airspace they took from N90? We got a few people on here who work it currently right? How bad is it actually?

In terms of what? I mean it’s busy and complex, at least during normal times, but it’s not the busiest in the NAS (although it probably is the most complex). But I love working it. Imo being able to work EWR Area while not being on Long Island is my dream job.
Can you actually feel like you breathe or is it just constant talking every session, what makes you love that area so much?

Can you actually feel like you breathe or is it just constant talking every session, what makes you love that area so much?

there are certainly times where you’re talking every breath (at least pre-covid) but usually not the whole day. I like the area because I like busy and complex traffic. Makes the day go by fast. Slow traffic is boring af and miserable.

there are certainly times where you’re talking every breath (at least pre-covid) but usually not the whole day. I like the area because I like busy and complex traffic. Makes the day go by fast. Slow traffic is boring af and miserable.
Thanks for the info, this bid interest me, especially if it means I won't work any tower

Does the PHL EWR area bid ignore your current facility staffing? If you get selected you go no matter how bad it is?

If there an controllers who currently work at PHL, can you comment on the culture and the controller/management relations? Also, is the FAA building a new tower to accommodate the EWR sector?

Back
Top Bottom