Possible to be re-hired after washing out?

Aaejay

I washed out of my first facility, a level 6 tower, and got terminated within my 1 year probation. Is there any chance the FAA will rehire me in the future or should I give up on ever controlling again?

Solution
I washed out of my first facility, a level 6 tower, and got terminated within my 1 year probation. Is there any chance the FAA will rehire me in the future or should I give up on ever controlling again?
Not sure if this will work but if you still want to be a controller you can always get a CTO certification and work at a contract tower for a year and then apply to the previous experience bid. Other option to be a controller is go military and then when your contract ends apply on previous experience bid. All depends on your age and circumstances though. But if controller is your end game, then the contract tower route wouldn’t be a bad idea. I think those guys make between 50-60k/yr which would be close to a level 5 pay in the FAA
I only am asking them for a fair opportunity. I haven't gotten that thus far, as per the National Training Order, and due to a training team that couldn't even identify clear, specific issues which I wasn't performing, or why I wasn't being certified.

I just got the letter back from the ATM, I won my TRB again and I'm getting switched to the opposite side of the watch with a new supe and new team. This isn't whiny millennial shit, dude. I'm not saying I'm the next prodigy ATC, but I'm also for sure better than half the trainees in my area.

I'm too old to play these stupid egotistical games on an internet forum. Shit's not fair, but such is life. I'm just here probing for some info.
It's your first facility, and you are beyond the 1 year probation... Bust your ass and get as many certs as possible, but all in all, I'm almost positive you get a nest list even if you wash with 0 certs.

It's your first facility, and you are beyond the 1 year probation... Bust your ass and get as many certs as possible, but all in all, I'm almost positive you get a nest list even if you wash with 0 certs.
Thanks. It sounds like my new supe and team is on board with what needs to happen, and they understand how close I am to having this sector, and they want to make sure I get this cert.

I got the story from our NATCA facrep that washes with 0 certs are terminated almost without question. Sadly we're just data points at that stage, and they don't factor in much else. So yeah, it's crucial to get this one cert, and either that gets the monkey off my back and I am able to roll through training at a better clip, or if not, at least having that 1 cert is a huge difference to the NEST people. Proving yourself to any extent at a level 12 definitely should buy someone a ticket to another facility if needed.

Thanks. It sounds like my new supe and team is on board with what needs to happen, and they understand how close I am to having this sector, and they want to make sure I get this cert.

I got the story from our NATCA facrep that washes with 0 certs are terminated almost without question. Sadly we're just data points at that stage, and they don't factor in much else. So yeah, it's crucial to get this one cert, and either that gets the monkey off my back and I am able to roll through training at a better clip, or if not, at least having that 1 cert is a huge difference to the NEST people. Proving yourself to any extent at a level 12 definitely should buy someone a ticket to another facility if needed.
No matter what you do, DO NOT WITHDRAW... Make them wash you. Nest list will be better. Withdraw can be limited to 5. And all 5 may be FSS in Alaska.

Back
Top Bottom