"Prior Experience" and hiring past 35 yrs old

Lima Lima

I ♥ pointSixtyFive
Excuse the silly question but I just needed some clarification since this impacts my decision for the coming months:

So someone told me that if you get hired for a DoD facility position prior to the age of 35, down the road I can still apply for an FAA prior experience bid and not worry about the 35 age limit.

Does this have any truth to it?

Per the prior experience bids that is correct.

"Applicants previously appointed by the FAA or DOD as a civilian 2152, must also include a copy of a Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) that verifies original appointment to the civilian 2152 occupational series prior to reaching the maximum entry age of 35"

Per the prior experience bids that is correct.

"Applicants previously appointed by the FAA or DOD as a civilian 2152, must also include a copy of a Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) that verifies original appointment to the civilian 2152 occupational series prior to reaching the maximum entry age of 35"

This is awesome news, thank you!

Quick question just to make sure I pass on the correct info to an interested vet. Does the age extension of 35 only apply to veterans who were ATC or is it good for all veterans? The guy is about to turn 34 but was not ATC in the service

Age Requirements: Notwithstanding section 3307 of title 5, the maximum limit of age for an original appointment to a position as an air traffic controller shall be 35 years of age for those maintaining 52 weeks of air traffic control experience involving the full-time active separation of air traffic after receipt of an air traffic certification or air traffic control facility rating in a civilian or military air traffic control facility. Maximum Retention Age: 5 U.S.C. 8335 (a) and 5 U.S.C. 8425 (a) require mandatory separation at age 56 in a career controller position.

Back
Top Bottom