Priority Placement Tool

Priority Placement Tool February 2024

No permission to download
Im a rookie so help me out. Would the Enroute & terminal list be updated each time according to the PPT info that comes out? So for instance Memphis currently doesnt have many slots at the top of the enroute list, but according to new PPT they are a lot lower in staffing % than others, so would the next enroute list update immediately according to that?

They’re not updated right away, no, neither is the NCEPT priority list, the latter of which is a better indicator of where a facility falls for the NCEPT process. The enroute and terminal list slot order is slightly indicative of how they will be put on the NCEPT priority list, but there is an extra part of the formula that we do not have access to which affects the NCEPT priority list ranking.

Attached is the new PPT. As expected the 2015 training data was incorporated and there were some huge changes for some facilities.
On both ends of the spectrum, PIT's training success rate decreased 19.2% while RST's increased 17.4%. You had a number of facilities CPC target numbers increase/decrease due to the AZO and BUF consolidations of nearby TRACONS as well. You now have a few small level facilities that can release a hysterical amount of people. With the addition of the increased CPC target numbers, it decreased the projected national average from 90.1% to 89.2%, which means less available slots for some 10-12 facilities on this next NCEPT. I added a few more columns so you can easily see what each facilities training success rate increase/decreased to.

CLT's training success rate decreased as well, eligible to pick up 13 this panel!

Last edited:
What’s the difference between committed outbound and placement list outbound? We’ve got 3 outbound (2 err and 1 sup bid) but don’t think it’s reflected properly yet.

What’s the difference between committed outbound and placement list outbound? We’ve got 3 outbound (2 err and 1 sup bid) but don’t think it’s reflected properly yet.
Accepted offer and selection

Does placement list outbound still count them against staffing numbers or are they not factored in until they accept?

Last panel the national average rose to over 82 and is now back down to 81. I assume this is in part due to adding the new cpc numbers to some facilities. Anyone know if it’s expected to stay around the 81.3 for the August panel?

Last panel the national average rose to over 82 and is now back down to 81. I assume this is in part due to adding the new cpc numbers to some facilities. Anyone know if it’s expected to stay around the 81.3 for the August panel?
I would expect it to stay relatively the same, but it's impossible to know for sure (depends on how close people are to CPC-ing, retiring, transferring, etc.). If I was a betting man, with the June 2017 panel being the first to remove the Cat 1 or Cat 2 exempt status (which allowed for a huge increase in NCEPT selections) and the max year release dates coming up shortly and the additional Cat 1 or Cat 2 selections in the panels that followed , I'd expect a large number of CPC's the drop off the CPC count as they transfer to their new facilities.

Ahhhh.... Totally missed that. Attention to detail FAIL. ?
Along the same lines though, for those at the academy, AZO should shoot to the top of the terminal placement list and once the dust settles they should end up around a level 8 last I checked, great opportunity starting out.

It's out now. Does anyone know if/when they started not counting long term med DQs as CPCs? we have 16 CPCs, but PPT shows 15.

It's out now. Does anyone know if/when they started not counting long term med DQs as CPCs? we have 16 CPCs, but PPT shows 15.
After a certain time period they are not counted. There was a memo about it. Want to say 6 months but I don’t remember for sure

Back
Top Bottom