Question about the ATSA and any other advice would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vietgnome

Lurker
Hey guys!, Ive seen a few post on here about people getting ready to go to the academy or people taking the test a second time or have had some experience in the field, but I applied for the trainee position with no experience needed. I was wondering if there's any testing site that you would recommend to go on for practice test or reading material, as well as any recommendations of what role/location to aim for I suppose. My apologies if i sound clueless, but I am a bit and want to go at this thing correct from the beginning.

I also read that the salary was approx 30K, i assume that would be for my time at the academy if i made it? Thank you again team.

I also read that the salary was approx 30K, i assume that would be for my time at the academy if i made it? Thank you again team.
While you're at the academy regardless if you make it. Then you'll be on the AG (Academy grad) scale at your facility assuming you do make it through the academy.

Hey guys!, Ive seen a few post on here about people getting ready to go to the academy or people taking the test a second time or have had some experience in the field, but I applied for the trainee position with no experience needed. I was wondering if there's any testing site that you would recommend to go on for practice test or reading material, as well as any recommendations of what role/location to aim for I suppose. My apologies if i sound clueless, but I am a bit and want to go at this thing correct from the beginning.

I also read that the salary was approx 30K, i assume that would be for my time at the academy if i made it? Thank you again team
Don't mind the guy being rude.
I used something called Job Test prep but it is not worth the money anymore. They charge about 80 bucks or so now. There is also an app but I'm not sure the name of it. Just search around on this site. There are all kinds of threads on here to help you. Also, yes that 32k or whatever is while you are in the academy.

Don't mind the guy being rude.
I used something called Job Test prep but it is not worth the money anymore. They charge about 80 bucks or so now. There is also an app but I'm not sure the name of it. Just search around on this site. There are all kinds of threads on here to help you. Also, yes that 32k or whatever is while you are in the academy.
Thanky you very much. Do you enjoy being an ATC yourself?. I know its a rough gig with lots of hours but do you manage it with family life ok?

I used the ATSAPro App, it was $10, which is extremely similar to the Job Test Prep, just on mobile not the computer.

Thanky you very much. Do you enjoy being an ATC yourself?. I know its a rough gig with lots of hours but do you manage it with family life ok?
If you did a simple search like previously mentioned or actually interacted with the basic features of the site ( like clicking on profiles to view post history) you could easily figure out that the person you asked that question to is not even at the Academy yet. Use the search function.

To answer your question though from someone who has been doing it for over a decade: Yes. It’s very rough on family life but it’s a matter of how you manage it and the effort you give. The stressful part of the career is not the job itself.

If you did a simple search like previously mentioned or actually interacted with the basic features of the site ( like clicking on profiles to view post history) you could easily figure out that the person you asked that question to is not even at the Academy yet. Use the search function.

To answer your question though from someone who has been doing it for over a decade: Yes. It’s very rough on family life but it’s a matter of how you manage it and the effort you give. The stressful part of the career is not the job itself.
Thank you very much for the tips. I started digging a bit more into the forum and found decent amount of stuff. Thank you for your insight also on the family portion of it.

Why do you have to be condescending? Their post didn't hurt you so if you don't like it then move on. Absolutely no reason for it.

Why do you have to be condescending? Their post didn't hurt you so if you don't like it then move on. Absolutely no reason for it.
It obliviously doesn’t hurt him or anyone, but there are relevant behaviors to the job he (and you) are trying to be hired for. If you think that was “condescending,” wait until you show up on a control room floor for the first time. If you start spewing questions you should already know the answer to, or could easily find for yourself, you’ll be laughed back upstairs in 30 seconds. A lot of people have already invested plenty of time answering all of these generic hiring questions all over this site and others. Not taking a few minutes to try and find them is just laziness which is not conducive to ATC.

It obliviously doesn’t hurt him or anyone, but there are relevant behaviors to the job he (and you) are trying to be hired for. If you think that was “condescending,” wait until you show up on a control room floor for the first time. If you start spewing questions you should already know the answer to, or could easily find for yourself, you’ll be laughed back upstairs in 30 seconds. A lot of people have already invested plenty of time answering all of these generic hiring questions all over this site and others. Not taking a few minutes to try and find them is just laziness which is not conducive to ATC.
Get off your high horse. You don't know me and you don't know this person. You have no idea if he doesn't have a lot of time to search through the website, maybe he works a lot and he can't have his phone, maybe he doesn't have wifi, maybe there is a language barrier.... you never know and it takes zero effort to be kind. Is it a relevant behavior to be a dick? No, that's a personal choice. It was very obviously condescending. There's always those "oh you think that's bad, you just wait" people and you're one of them. You are taking time out of your day to be rude and for what reason? That takes more effort than it does to just ignore a post you don't like. Does making a new thread for previously already answered questions get annoying? Maybe. I personally don't care but for people like you... how about you just "use the search function". It's easy :)

I actually was trying to help the OP out there. If you think that was mean or condescending, you are in for a rude awakening when you actually find yourself back in reality.

I actually was trying to help the OP out there. If you think that was mean or condescending, you are in for a rude awakening when you actually find yourself back in reality.
Guess some of us already in the job just aren’t ‘woke’ enough. #idiotsarepeopletoo

Yes I'm super worried about a rude awakening..... super worried. I am 100% positive that you two are a little confused on what reality is. I mean you're upset that I said you should be nice to people because it takes zero effort, and you never know their situation. With the job I do now, I have seen the worst of the worst in people and some of the most evil in people. Yeah I'm good on a "rude awakening". You two put a lot of effort into being a dick and that is just sad.

Get off your high horse. You don't know me and you don't know this person. You have no idea if he doesn't have a lot of time to search through the website, maybe he works a lot and he can't have his phone, maybe he doesn't have wifi, maybe there is a language barrier.... you never know and it takes zero effort to be kind. Is it a relevant behavior to be a dick? No, that's a personal choice. It was very obviously condescending. There's always those "oh you think that's bad, you just wait" people and you're one of them. You are taking time out of your day to be rude and for what reason? That takes more effort than it does to just ignore a post you don't like. Does making a new thread for previously already answered questions get annoying? Maybe. I personally don't care but for people like you... how about you just "use the search function". It's easy :)
This entire rambling, Reddit-tier post is predicated on that dude's reply being "rude", which is why people are laugh reacting at you - it wasnt rude. It was a valid observation that tells the OP key info about this journey he is starting on.

It’s also comical the guy on the kumbaya peace and love crusade calls people dicks and out of touch with reality for literally serving up a dose of reality based in their years of experience in the job he’s applying for.

This entire rambling, Reddit-tier post is predicated on that dude's reply being "rude", which is why people are laugh reacting at you - it wasnt rude. It was a valid observation that tells the OP key info about this journey he is starting on.
"It amazes me how people won’t even take 2 seconds to read the FAQ’s, or even do a simple search, before starting an entirely new thread asking the same shit that’s been answered a billion times."

That's not rude? You're blind. He did not say anything helpful... that was condescending. How about "You can read the FAQ's" instead of "it amazes me how people won't even take 2 seconds to the read..... asking the samse shit" 100% rude and same goes for the other guys first post of

"If you did a simple search like previously mentioned or actually interacted with the basic features of the site ( like clicking on profiles to view post history) you could easily figure out that the person you asked that question to is not even at the Academy yet. Use the search function."

Condescending. "There is a search function you can use". It's so simple to say it in a different way.
You really think I care about a laughing emoji? No, I don't. I am literally saying be nice and you guys are upset about it big time. Even if it's a valid observation doesn't mean it's not rude. I'm not saying the OP has a language barrier but what if he did and that was why he didn't find the other info? He got a bunch of condescending responses instead and then you could turn away a possibly could be great future controller because he didn't want to be around a bunch of people with that attitude. Like I said, it takes zero effort to be nice or just pass.

It’s also comical the guy on the kumbaya peace and love crusade calls people dicks and out of touch with reality for literally serving up a dose of reality based in their years of experience in the job he’s applying for.
Be nice = kumbaya peace and love? You guys are sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom