Quick NEST placement question

Ty

FAA
Facility
ZAB Albuquerque Center
So I was looking at the latest terminal placement list, and I noticed a few "washouts" being offered facilities like C90 and N90. How is that possible, I thought they offered only lower level facilities (9ish or below)? Or is NEST like the academy placement: where you can always choose critically staffed facilities like ZNY/ZOA?

I’m not asking for myself, but this came up in a conversation today ... Did it ever happen before that the NEST would send a washout from Level 9 CTO (developmental) to Level 11 Tower per request from the washout? Fully aware of the consequences of 2nd failure.

Did that ever happen? Or would the NEST just laugh about that request?

Maybe if they were a CPC at that 11 tower prior to transferring to the 9. If it was their first facility, I doubt that happened.

I’m not asking for myself, but this came up in a conversation today ... Did it ever happen before that the NEST would send a washout from Level 9 CTO (developmental) to Level 11 Tower per request from the washout? Fully aware of the consequences of 2nd failure.

Did that ever happen? Or would the NEST just laugh about that request?
Never happened, will never happened. If you can't cut it at a level 9 tower, you aren't moving up to a higher level facility. It's common sense.

Never happened, will never happened. If you can't cut it at a level 9 tower, you aren't moving up to a higher level facility. It's common sense.

Makes sense.

But what if the facilities he worked before were comparable to a Level 11 tower and he just washed out in Radar?
He attached his resume to the packet to NEST.

Maybe they give him a shot?

Makes sense.

But what if the facilities he worked before were comparable to a Level 11 tower and he just washed out in Radar?
He attached his resume to the packet to NEST.

Maybe they give him a shot?
The tower portion of a 9 up/down is comparable to 6 or below stand alone tower. What he worked prior to the FAA makes no difference when he can't cut it in the FAA.
They will never, ever give him a shot.

The tower portion of a 9 up/down is comparable to 6 or below stand alone tower. What he worked prior to the FAA makes no difference when he can't cut it in the FAA.
They will never, ever give him a shot.
Im pretty sure turnity was talking about previous facilities within the FAA, not before the employees time in the FAA . I know they will take this into account when making the determination. If the developmental has that experience which seems unlikely but it can happen, they absolutely will consider it.

It's been just about every month lately. There were a few months skipped. I don't think there's a May panel. Skipped a month in the fall too

Aw that’s unfortunate for it to be so hit and miss, oh well thanks for the info

Im pretty sure turnity was talking about previous facilities within the FAA, not before the employees time in the FAA . I know they will take this into account when making the determination. If the developmental has that experience which seems unlikely but it can happen, they absolutely will consider it.
No, they will not. I have all the data and unless their previous facility is below 100% and they elect to return, they have never allowed someone to wash from a 9 or below up/down and nest to a 10 or above tower only, regardless of prior experience.

Just because it has never happened doesn't mean it couldn't. look at the scenario ajmezz laid out. Certified at level 11 tower, goes to a 9, doesn't make it, that employee wouldn't be considered for another or same 11 tower? Yes I believe they would. those level 11 facilities need to be able to accept someone at the time but yes I'm pretty confident that scenario could happen. It certainly wouldn't be at the employees request, it would just have to work out that way. do you know how every scenario has played out? Unless you are on the nest panel, I doubt it.

That's not what they said, though. They said "comparable to a Level 11 tower" and mentioned forwarding a resume (which would very likely mean making the NEST aware of their non-FAA record), which does not mean "Certified at level 11 tower," to use your words.

For what it's worth: I withdrew and went through the NEST at a level 11 tower with only LC1/2 to go, certifying on GC and LC3, after being certified at a 6 tower prior, and they offered me level 7s and below. Another guy withdrew a few months later, came from a level 5 tower but had my certifications plus LC1, and they offered him level 8s and below. Either way, there was likely no way they were offering us 10 or up.

Just because it has never happened doesn't mean it couldn't. look at the scenario ajmezz laid out. Certified at level 11 tower, goes to a 9, doesn't make it, that employee wouldn't be considered for another or same 11 tower? Yes I believe they would. those level 11 facilities need to be able to accept someone at the time but yes I'm pretty confident that scenario could happen. It certainly wouldn't be at the employees request, it would just have to work out that way. do you know how every scenario has played out? Unless you are on the nest panel, I doubt it.
I will always chime in with factual data when someone like yourself *believes* something and tries to present it as fact. Yes, I know how every situation has played out. It has never happened and will never happen. Like I said earlier, you have return rights if the facility is less then 100% projected staffing, which happens frequently. In your hypothetical example, that is the only way someone can go from a CPC at a Level 11 stand alone tower, transfer to a 9 up/down, wash, and return to a level 11 tower. Return rights. Here are actual examples when you remove return rights when people changed specialties.

CPC 12, Wash 12, NEST 8
CPC 12, Wash 10, NEST 7
CPC 11, Wash 11, NEST 4
CPC 12, Wash 6, NEST 5
CPC 12, Wash 6, NEST 6
CPC 12, Wash 12, NEST 7

With every situation, there is someone on here that can respond with absolute certainty. If you can't and still want to present your belief as fact to mislead others, that's what stuckmic is for.

That's not what they said, though. They said "comparable to a Level 11 tower" and mentioned forwarding a resume (which would very likely mean making the NEST aware of their non-FAA record), which does not mean "Certified at level 11 tower," to use your words.

For what it's worth: I withdrew and went through the NEST at a level 11 tower with only LC1/2 to go, certifying on GC and LC3, after being certified at a 6 tower prior, and they offered me level 7s and below. Another guy withdrew a few months later, came from a level 5 tower but had my certifications plus LC1, and they offered him level 8s and below. Either way, there was likely no way they were offering us 10 or up.

Level 5 transfer to a level 11 and get offered level 8s ans below. Three levels higher than their last facility. Anything is possible

I will always chime in with factual data when someone like yourself *believes* something and tries to present it as fact. Yes, I know how every situation has played out. It has never happened and will never happen. Like I said earlier, you have return rights if the facility is less then 100% projected staffing, which happens frequently. In your hypothetical example, that is the only way someone can go from a CPC at a Level 11 stand alone tower, transfer to a 9 up/down, wash, and return to a level 11 tower. Return rights. Here are actual examples when you remove return rights when people changed specialties.

CPC 12, Wash 12, NEST 8
CPC 12, Wash 10, NEST 7
CPC 11, Wash 11, NEST 4
CPC 12, Wash 6, NEST 5
CPC 12, Wash 6, NEST 6
CPC 12, Wash 12, NEST 7

With every situation, there is someone on here that can respond with absolute certainty. If you can't and still want to present your belief as fact to mislead others, that's what stuckmic is for.
In the examples given, where were they certified? Where did they go and how far did they make it before wash? What did the nest determine they were qualified for? What was actually on their list? What facility did they get? And of their ranking list which rank was that facility?

In the examples given, where were they certified? Where did they go and how far did they make it before wash? What did the nest determine they were qualified for? What was actually on their list? What facility did they get? And of their ranking list which rank was that facility?
What about name, phone, address, SS number? TRB documents? How about their entire nest package unredacted? I won't spend the next few hours of my life uploading all of that information to a public forum to continue to prove my point. Given your high level of interest, I'm going to safely assume you might be falling into this same boat shortly or concocted a plan to circumnavigate the NCEPT. My advice to you...
1) View the latest PPT here Priority Placement Tool if your previous facility you CPC-ed at is less then 100% projected, you can withdraw from training, return, and bypass the nest. This can be done and completed in less then 2 weeks.
2) If you turn down the fast-track option to return, per the NEST MOU, your previous facility will still be on your ranking list if they're below 100% projected at the time you receive your list from the NEST.
3) I can't stress this enough for anyone thinking they've discovered a "work-around". If you bid EWR or LAX with the plan to certify, hardship out/bid the highest ranking NCEPT facility when they become eligible, wash, and believe you'll get a list of IAH, DEN, DFW, LAS, etc. Never going to happen. The NEST will punish you. The pre-nest days of bidding N90, turning in a blank map test, giving everyone the middle finger, and getting a list of 40 with some of the most coveted facilities in the NAS are long, long gone.

My NEST list only had facilities under the national average. It didn’t have facilities that are projected under 100% where there would be a vacancy wouldn’t it? Is there anyway to take it higher up?

Back
Top Bottom