Realistic grievance

Anyone that believes that quitting the union solves anything, truly deserves getting shat on!

The amount of times I've seen people make valid complaints and get slapped down, or had some thinly veiled or implied threats about career advancement made when people mention making a bigger stink tells me this isn't always the case.

You spent the majority of your career at n90 I take it, the reality of how much the faa listens to the union, much less the union to BUEs outside of core 30 facilities is a different reality than yours at a local level, and the threats to your career advancement can seem very real if you have aspirations of getting out of where you are at.
Yes, I did spend my entire career at N90. It's all I know, so yeah you may be right, though I'll ask you this: If you're already getting the short end of the stick with the current status quo, why be intimidated to say or do something? You basically got nothing to lose. All this fear of "threats to career advancement" sounds like a cop out excuse to sit back and do nothing.

Yes, I did spend my entire career at N90. It's all I know, so yeah you may be right, though I'll ask you this: If you're already getting the short end of the stick with the current status quo, why be intimidated to say or do something? You basically got nothing to lose. All this fear of "threats to career advancement" sounds like a cop out excuse to sit back and do nothing.
? here’s a cookie for your hard work and dedication at N90. Crazy that now that you retired you have plenty of time to take over the number one spot for messages from 32. Crazy that your retired and still comment on a website related to Air Traffic. Do you have a life?

? here’s a cookie for your hard work and dedication at N90. Crazy that now that you retired you have plenty of time to take over the number one spot for messages from 32. Crazy that your retired and still comment on a website related to Air Traffic. Do you have a life?
How’s it any different then people who haven’t been hired being on here? He has something to offer at least in terms of his experiences. Also he doesn’t hide where he is from or where he worked or his profile or anything.

I may troll this bitch when I retire too after I’ve had a few too many.

Dang, and I thought it was just my crappy region. So grievances are useless now
Just about nobody has gotten anything accomplished with a grievance since 2016 when you started with the agency. Grievances, if they are filed (they are strongly discouraged by the union and FAA), are resolved now at the first or second level, which is within the facility level. There has not been one that has gone to arbitration, or even PAR (pre-arbitration review), in years. This is a byproduct result of the collaborative era. FAA and NATCA work together on all projects and processes, then in turn work together work to crush any challenges to the projects, processes or ideas, and they both own the process in place.

It sucks but the way it is, as the years go by you will notice more and more that you (or anyone else) has no say in. The contract was just extended for 6 years without a vote or any feedback from the general BUEs for example, and an entire NATCA E-Board was sworn in for three years, also without one vote.

This is simply not true... perhaps in your region, but there have been plenty of PARs, and my region has had plenty of grievances sustained with remedy at all steps 1, 2 and at PAR.

My 54 vs your 472 messages here shows I have more of a life than you do! ;)

You got me on that one. You know the guy that was on tik tok with Prius?
I'm an old timer. I don't have tik tok. Outside of a Facebook account to keep track of family and friends I don't do any of the other social media stuff. As for the other comment on your original atempt to take a "jab" at me, you'll discover in due time that once a controller, always a controller, so keeping tabs on ATC related matters from time to time is actually not unusual.

I'm an old timer. I don't have tik tok. Outside of a Facebook account to keep track of family and friends I don't do any of the other social media stuff. As for the other comment on your original atempt to take a "jab" at me, you'll discover in due time that once a controller, always a controller, so keeping tabs on ATC related matters from time to time is actually not unusual.
Nice. Well I hope it all stays well for you.

Being a retired N90 controller is not a substitute for a personality
So my goal of spending my days at the Mustang club as a retired FLM, sporting the license plate SUPATC talking smack about sub-par controllers and remembering the good old days of denying all leave while I take an early shove isn’t going to happen?

Back
Top Bottom