Received TOL for FSS while waiting for FOL for ATC

Are there any downsides to accepting a TOL for a FSS while I'm waiting for FOL for ATC? I've done everything in the CIL and I'm just waiting for the Flight Surgeon to review my case. I'd like to view FSS as a nice back-up but I'm not sure if it's necessary or would complicate my hiring process into ATC. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Might as well accept the FSS job and try to slow roll the process to see if you can get into actual air traffic. The “systems” are stupid and I don’t think they talk to each other, I doubt the ATC application would be effected if you accept FSS. Just don’t go FSS unless you are good with staying in Alaska your whole career. No transfer path from FSS to ATC, people have quit after trying to fight that battle.

Might as well accept the FSS job and try to slow roll the process to see if you can get into actual air traffic. The “systems” are stupid and I don’t think they talk to each other, I doubt the ATC application would be effected if you accept FSS. Just don’t go FSS unless you are good with staying in Alaska your whole career. No transfer path from FSS to ATC, people have quit after trying to fight that battle.
Thank you

I'd double check with HR. Years ago I had accepted a TOL and was awaiting medical clearance, when I applied and got picked up on another ATC bid. This was when you picked two states for geographical preference. The idea was I'd apply for another bid to get a state closer to home. I finally fessed up to my new HR rep about my old TOL because I had different HR reps for both offers (different regions even). My new HR rep told me that I couldn't have two TOLs at once, and told me that my new TOL, which I already accepted, would override my old TOL.

Hey dude I'm from Alaska and I thought about the same thing, got offered a Kenai FSS spot and then found out you can only have 1 TOL open. So you cannot accept the FSS TOL while you have accepted your ATC TOL. It sucks but this waiting period prevents us from having FAA employment while waiting.

Hey dude I'm from Alaska and I thought about the same thing, got offered a Kenai FSS spot and then found out you can only have 1 TOL open. So you cannot accept the FSS TOL while you have accepted your ATC TOL. It sucks but this waiting period prevents us from having FAA employment while waiting.
Wow good to know

I am in the hiring process for both FSS and ATC i want FSS. I took the atsa waiting on results now. Atc works faster than fss so atc will send out tols most likely before fss but i want a tol from fss how is this going to work now

I am in the hiring process for both FSS and ATC i want FSS. I took the atsa waiting on results now. Atc works faster than fss so atc will send out tols most likely before fss but i want a tol from fss how is this going to work now
I received my TOL from the fss bid 4 weeks (28 days exactly) after the tol for the OTS bid. You might have to hope and pray a little bit. My guess is that if you get a TOL offer from the OTS bid youre likely to get one from the FSS bid. but who can know...

So what’s the best choice to make? If you accept the tol from ATC you can’t change your mind and take FSS? Once you accept the tol that’s it?

And if you ever turn down a tol can you rebid next year and they will take you?

So what’s the best choice to make? If you accept the tol from ATC you can’t change your mind and take FSS? Once you accept the tol that’s it?

And if you ever turn down a tol can you rebid next year and they will take you?
I accepted my ATC TOL. Two weeks later I got a FSS TOL. I had to make the decision after receiving the FSS TOL which path I would move forward with.

I sent in the acceptance letter but explained that I was going through the other hiring process. The person from HR told me to pick one, I can’t do both. Bummer but I guess it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom