remember me?

squab_captain

back in July this year a post was made expressing my gross disappointment with not clearing security for faa hiring. It was met with hostility and ridicule led by one douche in particular. This was the post:

https://pointsixtyfive.com/xenforo/threads/you-can’t-be-fired-twice.5046/

just here to say I’m off to basic military training (Air Force) next month after which I will be attending tech school for—you guessed it; atc. I’ll probably cpc in a year. The downside is that having to continue moving around a lot means holding off the ultimate guitar setup. Also won’t get the lucrative pay for a few years until I get out. Of course it sort of balances out as I’ll be eligible for exclusive mortgage rates and a host of other veteran benefits. Not to mention the tens of thousands of dollars the gi bill would save should I choose to train towards a multi engine rating. Every person who wished me ill will can kindly go to hell. Bye

back in July this year a post was made expressing my gross disappointment with not clearing security for faa hiring. It was met with hostility and ridicule led by one douche in particular. This was the post:

just here to say I’m off to basic military training (Air Force) next month after which I will be attending tech school for—you guessed it; atc. I’ll probably cpc in a year. The downside is that having to continue moving around a lot means holding off the ultimate guitar setup. Also won’t get the lucrative pay for a few years until I get out. Of course it sort of balances out as I’ll be eligible for exclusive mortgage rates and a host of other veteran benefits. Not to mention the tens of thousands of dollars the gi bill would save should I choose to train towards a multi engine rating. Every person who wished me ill will can kindly go to hell. Bye
Alright then… Not meant as a passive aggressive comment, just a dose of reality, good luck fully certifying in a year. In all fairness I do not think anyone here really cares, but best of luck to you regardless.

You have 100% the wrong attitude for the Air Force and air traffic

Congratulations on joining the Air Force.

Now for your reality check:
1. You WILL NOT CPC in a year, especially at your 1st facility. You may never CPC since you will likely also have deployments and other duties mixed in as well.

2. You may CPC at your 2nd.

3. I pray that boot camp and tech school take that chip off your shoulder because you absolutely will never make it in this field.

4. Most of the advise in the other thread was spot on, you just beat the odds.

1. You WILL NOT CPC in a year, especially at your 1st facility. You may never CPC since you will likely also have deployments and other duties mixed in as well.

3. I pray that boot camp and tech school take that chip off your shoulder because you absolutely will never make it in this field.

Dude has to make it through tech school to even meet any of these other options. With his shit attitude, they may eliminate his ass. He sounds like an entitled little prick who won't be trainable.

Hey man, congrats! You sound like a whiney, entitled, child. You haven't even made it through BMT, and are talking about everything you're going to do in ATC. I really hope you keep your motivation, but you need a serious reality check. Most people I met with attitudes similar to you were untrainable and washed out relatively quickly. Even if you do make it, then get out and manage to go FAA, if you keep that attitude, you won't be well received. Noone likes the military "controller" who thinks they know everything.

Most of what you said is true, but they will CPC at their first facility if they base BMT and Tech School and can get through training. You aren't deployable until you get fully certified.

You act like getting in the military is hard. Enjoy tech school. Doubt they even wash anyone there or at your first base any more. You sound like a great dude though and I'm sure you're crew will love to have you.

Imagine how awesome it’ll be to leave the Air Force with a divorce and a car you can’t afford only for the faa to once again deny your security clearance lmfao my advice would be to learn how to work on electric cars= huge upside in that and no security clearance needed

Weren’t you the guy who like threw packages and couldn’t take direction from a manager?

Best of luck

Weren’t you the guy who like threw packages and couldn’t take direction from a manager?

Best of luck
Jim Carrey Shipping GIF by Morgan Creek
Jim Carrey Ups GIF by Ace Ventura

Back
Top Bottom