Requesting zny

Nice. At what point in the hiring/academy process did you request it? I’m going to request n90 since we want to move back to the area after my husband graduated law school
I don't think you can just request N90 if you're a terminal new hire because you would have to go to TSEW and TETRA after the terminal course, but I'm not 100%. I believe you're capped at level 7 and below unless you were hired on a specific N90 bid. Perhaps you could request ISP or FRG but I don't know if they'd do that.

Nice. At what point in the hiring/academy process did you request it? I’m going to request n90 since we want to move back to the area after my husband graduated law school
I was at the academy a couple of months back, you can no longer request ZNY due to the training backlog. I think there’s two N90 classes at the academy now but they’re all from Long Island I believe and didn’t request it. Don’t think you’ll have much luck trying to get there either.

I sent an email the day I passed basics.

I don't think you can just request N90 if you're a terminal new hire because you would have to go to TSEW and TETRA after the terminal course, but I'm not 100%. I believe you're capped at level 7 and below unless you were hired on a specific N90 bid. Perhaps you could request ISP or FRG but I don't know if they'd do that.
Perhaps. But they have a class from the 2021 bid for n90 and maybe if they have enough from the area in the 22 bid they’ll have another. I’m going to request it no matter what. The worst they can do is say no. I’m just looking for when the best time to ask is.
I was at the academy a couple of months back, you can no longer request ZNY due to the training backlog. I think there’s two N90 classes at the academy now but they’re all from Long Island I believe and didn’t request it. Don’t think you’ll have much luck trying to get there either.
I won’t be going to the academy for a while, I’m on the 2022 bid. Just looking for the best time to request

Perhaps. But they have a class from the 2021 bid for n90 and maybe if they have enough from the area in the 22 bid they’ll have another. I’m going to request it no matter what. The worst they can do is say no. I’m just looking for when the best time to ask is.

I won’t be going to the academy for a while, I’m on the 2022 bid. Just looking for the best time to request
Best time to request it is once you get to the academy, anything before that will be a flat no.

I requested it, am here now training. Morning commute isn't bad, usually don't hit traffic and can get from Central jersey to the center in 90-100 minutes. Afternoon commute is a different story haha. Usually takes 2.5 to get home.
That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. ?. Why would you do that to yourself???

I'm at the academy right now and a guy I had in a class before I got sick had his ZNY request approved. They eval next week and they said he will go there if he passes.

Back
Top Bottom