Retro NATCA Seniority from Contract Tower BS

Supervisors who come back to the boards should get double seniority. They definitely did their time having to deal with childish and lazy controllers

It's really simple. NATCA is the sole determiner of seniority. Don't like the criteria they use? Write a proposed amendment and submit it to the convention body for a vote. If enough people agree with you, it'll change.

And by the way, for some of you who are acting like this is a new thing.... It's been this way for at least 15 years. Probably longer.

I just found the document from 2004 about seniority. Why do non-NATCA members still keep seniority/bid by it? Even if they were never in the union? I might have missed it.

Can anyone tell me why this is a thing? We just had multiple people at my facility move up several spots in seniority because some BFE tower they used to work at joined NATCA. How the fuck can they get NATCA seniority from a tower they never paid dues at? I support it if you were in the actual Union before being in the FAA but this is just wrong. My head is exploding right now.
Shut up and enjoy that baby leave doctorsalami #Gabagool

I would benefit from military time counting and I think it's a God awful shitty idea. I don't think it'd be very fair if some dude who was say.....army for ten years, got one cupcake cto in afghan or Iraq like 8 years ago and hasn't done fuck all since but bullshit in the motor pool pming a TTCS and doing bullshit ff or tac or range control shit on training exercises jumped someone in seniority whose been working faa traffic for nearly the same amount of time. That's some garbage ass "your welcome for my service" shit if you think otherwise. You aren't special snowflake. Get over yourself. You signed a contract and did your time, now fuck off and stop asking to be treated special, because you aren't.

I also think non union contract tower time shouldn't retroactively count either, but at least that acts as incentive to get facilities unionized, the military time counting does nothing but fuck people who have already been working for years in many cases.

The military time counting for seniority idea makes some sense but NATCA would never allow it.

It would fundamentally reshuffle seniority ranking everywhere. The people who said they would quit the union over NCEPT, dues going up, the vaccine stance, the left wing propaganda, etc…. Neve left. But you can bet 20% of the members would leave if they dropped 1/3 of the way down the seniority chart at their facility on average.

NATCA know not to makes waves like this. Plus everyone the idea is entertained you have a dozen different versions of it (should it be only ATC military time, should it be all military time, does is start at book camp or after tech training, etc….). So it gets all convoluted and they just say fuck it to all of them.

The military time counting for seniority idea makes some sense but NATCA would never allow it.

It would fundamentally reshuffle seniority ranking everywhere. The people who said they would quit the union over NCEPT, dues going up, the vaccine stance, the left wing propaganda, etc…. Neve left. But you can bet 20% of the members would leave if they dropped 1/3 of the way down the seniority chart at their facility on average.

NATCA know not to makes waves like this. Plus everyone the idea is entertained you have a dozen different versions of it (should it be only ATC military time, should it be all military time, does is start at book camp or after tech training, etc….). So it gets all convoluted and they just say fuck it to all of them.
It makes zero sense, but yes “fuck it to all of them.”

I don’t see what’s wrong with it. They’ve put their
Time in as well. Just cause they put in more time than you or you don’t agree, don’t mean it’s valid
Military folks getting an entire different process to get hired and getting a nice selection of places to go isn’t enough?

Back
Top Bottom