Retro NATCA Seniority from Contract Tower BS

In 2014 or 15, after a year or so in the FAA, I had 2 months added to my seniority for contract tower time from 2001. This was not easy to prove, but for some reason I still had my W2 from Serco. I don't think they became unionized until several years after I left. I jumped 2 or 3 people, but they didn't seem to mind. It felt dirty, but it was legit. I went back to the DOD several years later where SCD rules the seniority list.

In 2014 or 15, after a year or so in the FAA, I had 2 months added to my seniority for contract tower time from 2001. This was not easy to prove, but for some reason I still had my W2 from Serco. I don't think they became unionized until several years after I left. I jumped 2 or 3 people, but they didn't seem to mind. It felt dirty, but it was legit. I went back to the DOD several years later where SCD rules the seniority list.
Once upon a time all government employment counted as government employment. I’m probably going to get some backlash, but it would be nice

It's really simple. NATCA is the sole determiner of seniority. Don't like the criteria they use? Write a proposed amendment and submit it to the convention body for a vote. If enough people agree with you, it'll change.

And by the way, for some of you who are acting like this is a new thing.... It's been this way for at least 15 years. Probably longer.

Military time should never be a factor in determining Union seniority, you already have time clocked for annual leave. Some of us did not have the option of joining the military and we need a different way to calculate seniority. Getting ready to take position so I cannot expound upon this, but I believe it should never count towards seniority.

I walked in on day one in the FAA with a little over 4 years seniority. Jumped about 10 people and put me right in the middle for bidding RDOs. It was amazing. Can’t wait till they make military ATC count as well. Triggering all you pampered FAA people is a bonus
?‍♂️ I’m not triggered but I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

I walked in on day one in the FAA with a little over 4 years seniority. Jumped about 10 people and put me right in the middle for bidding RDOs. It was amazing. Can’t wait till they make military ATC count as well. Triggering all you pampered FAA people is a bonus
They keep trying to make the military time count and it always fails. Even though there are a lot of military people coming in there are still more people without it. I’d quit the union tomorrow if they did.

Of all the f*cked up things the union does, that’s what makes you quit? ?
Absolutely. Half the shit this union does is meaningless in my day to day life. But what days off I get and getting better leave is a huge deal and giving seniority to people who have never been in the union potentially takes away from that.

Absolutely. Half the shit this union does is meaningless in my day to day life. But what days off I get and getting better leave is a huge deal and giving seniority to people who have never been in the union potentially takes away from that.
I don’t see what’s wrong with it. They’ve put their
Time in as well. Just cause they put in more time than you or you don’t agree, don’t mean it’s valid

Since there are more non military controllers in FAA then ex military controllers, the amendment would never pass (military time to seniority).

No one is going to vote against their own self interest. It happens every convention.

Time where? The US military is not a union job. You don’t get union time for a non union job.
But you get vacation time for it. Why give me more time if I can’t have the seniority to bid good days off on it?

Sounds like past precedence has been already established. If it counts for vacation time, should count for seniority ??‍♂️

But you get vacation time for it. Why give me more time if I can’t have the seniority to bid good days off on it?
Vacation time is based on your employment with the US government which makes sense. By that logic if I went and joined the border patrol I should expect to have my seniority in their union matched to my natca time? I don’t think so.

Vacation time is based on your employment with the US government which makes sense. By that logic if I went and joined the border patrol I should expect to have my seniority in their union matched to my natca time? I don’t think so.
I’d say so. Why not? You did your time

Back
Top Bottom