Santa going to ask for a raise from congress LIVE!!!

They/them

my pronouns are CATBOY/CATGIRL

No, I have no problem with criticizing Santa. I can’t stand the guy. But do you do anything on the local level? Anything at all? Just talk and forum shitposts?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Being the Baghdad Bob of N90 on the forums doesn't count as "doing anything on the local level", DankGreed.

The hate against RAZE WEN MVMNT in this thread and on this board disappoints me.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed a group of NATCAVISTS fighting for massive pay raises for all of their brothers and sisters, would be shot down and hated on for the thought that we are underpaid.

Solidarity is more than just a phrase in an email sig…

Brother! We will not let a few neerdowells derail this bullet train. RAZEWEN is not running out of track, we're building MOOR and gaining speed. The fast-track to the fat-stacks of greenbacks! Any forum hero w a mind to derail will fail. What i saw in todays hearing was Rich Santa in his conductors HAAT appearing to be chugging along steady as she goes CHOO-CHOO trust-the-process and be thankful for the haters who will be derailed SOON. Bless their HAART, everyone loves a trainwreck.

train deal with it GIF

Everyone in the room knows staffing is not great, but the problem is we as a workforce keep, "making it work". Our complaints are falling on deaf ears. How many times over the years has NATCA leadership continued with the same approach. They sit in front of Congress or have members visit the facilities and more or less complain about staffing numbers. It's not working!
The Agency has found the sweet spot when it comes to staffing. In the eyes of the decision makers, management is accomplishing their mission by maximizing their best and most expensive resource, labor. A work stoppage is the fastest way to get everyone's attention and that's off the table and won't happen. I've seen many push for a change to our OT compensation and while I welcome any increase in pay and improvement to staffing, I think there's a better way to approach the subject.
NATCA should advocate for no forced OT. There will always be those controllers that want to work OT, but as more and more facilities have moved to six day work weeks, in many facilities those on the "no" list have grown. Even with controllers moving to the "no" list they continue to be forced into OT because there's no one left on the "yes" list who is eligible. Imagine how many controllers would move to the "no" list during the summer. Forced two hour holdovers could no longer happen. Obviously, the Agency would fight this every step of the way, but the harder they fight against it, the better our argument about being understaffed and overworked looks. Management depends on us to work OT to make the operation work. This would guaranteed more time away from the facility and improve member's QOL. We all want the Union to fight for pay rasises but when they ask for more funding it should be in our base pay, weekend pay, safety bonus, etc. It's a better sell for the Union when it sits in front of Congress because they're not advocating to incentivize more OT and fight against their own argument of being overworked. They would be fighting for fatigue management and safety.

Everyone in the room knows staffing is not great, but the problem is we as a workforce keep, "making it work". Our complaints are falling on deaf ears. How many times over the years has NATCA leadership continued with the same approach. They sit in front of Congress or have members visit the facilities and more or less complain about staffing numbers. It's not working!
The Agency has found the sweet spot when it comes to staffing. In the eyes of the decision makers, management is accomplishing their mission by maximizing their best and most expensive resource, labor. A work stoppage is the fastest way to get everyone's attention and that's off the table and won't happen. I've seen many push for a change to our OT compensation and while I welcome any increase in pay and improvement to staffing, I think there's a better way to approach the subject.
NATCA should advocate for no forced OT. There will always be those controllers that want to work OT, but as more and more facilities have moved to six day work weeks, in many facilities those on the "no" list have grown. Even with controllers moving to the "no" list they continue to be forced into OT because there's no one left on the "yes" list who is eligible. Imagine how many controllers would move to the "no" list during the summer. Forced two hour holdovers could no longer happen. Obviously, the Agency would fight this every step of the way, but the harder they fight against it, the better our argument about being understaffed and overworked looks. Management depends on us to work OT to make the operation work. This would guaranteed more time away from the facility and improve member's QOL. We all want the Union to fight for pay rasises but when they ask for more funding it should be in our base pay, weekend pay, safety bonus, etc. It's a better sell for the Union when it sits in front of Congress because they're not advocating to incentivize more OT and fight against their own argument of being overworked. They would be fighting for fatigue management and safety.
Best thing I have read in awhile.
At my facility the no list is longer than the yes list and when services have to be limited upper FAA doesn’t like it.
More people need to call in on their OT across the country, it’s the only way we can get attention on the issue without striking.
Limit capacity in more places then just a few airports in N90’s and ZJX airspace. If this was occurring daily throughout the system it will get noticed quick.

NATCA should advocate for no forced OT. There will always be those controllers that want to work OT, but as more and more facilities have moved to six day work weeks, in many facilities those on the "no" list have grown. Even with controllers moving to the "no" list they continue to be forced into OT because there's no one left on the "yes" list who is eligible. Imagine how many controllers would move to the "no" list during the summer. Forced two hour holdovers could no longer happen. Obviously, the Agency would fight this every step of the way, but the harder they fight against it, the better our argument about being understaffed and overworked looks.

I like your argument in spirit, but its not a practical or possible ask. The best thing they could counter with is paying MORE for OT, but they can't eliminated forced OT. IF they did that they may as well eliminate the inability to strike, because the inevitable outcome of both would be the same; lots of ATC 0.

Yeah, NATCA has been doing and saying the same thing since Rinaldi. It obviously isn’t working. The FAA thinks they are doing a good job. It doesn’t matter how many senate hearings, DOT investigations, NASA scientific research reports, NTSB reports, etc they take the heat for the brief period then keep on with the status quo.

It really is a shame we can’t strike, because that is clearly the answer. NATCAs best strategy is to apply pressure through media and US legislators. I do not know how you can put more pressure on FAA, I mean when Trump was president he was pushing for privatization because the FAA is inept and nothing has changed.

There will be more senate hearings on the staffing crisis, fatigue factor, and disastrous scheduling practices by the FAA and nothing will change. At least the Pilot Union changed their scheduling practices based off of scientific research after the 2009 incident. The Pilot Union President spoke about how much that has helped with fatigue. NASA released a study on how harmful our scheduling practices are and FAA swept it under the rug. If we forced them to schedule based off of scientific data then that would open up even more issues with trying to keep a facility open. Then maybe they would actually try and fix staffing.

I remember seeing something about them getting an extra 8 hours of leave for each holiday too. Can’t remember where I saw that though.

Back
Top Bottom