Santa going to ask for a raise from congress LIVE!!!

The FAA can advocate for their own budget. If we ask for what they need and for what we need then we wind up asking for a lot. We can support their request I suppose. But when is Natca going to advocate to Congress or anyone on our pay and benefits?
ATC Union was initially created to push the FAA to modernize their equipment and safety procedures along with employee rights. We should always be advocating for the FAA to have better equipment and staffing policies that will help us control and our facility staffing.

When the senate has a hearing on ATC pay and benefits then he can unload. What is he supposed to say at this hearing, “We keep having close calls because our workforce isn’t being payed enough”. Maybe, if the data was poor on applications for opening bids, but the data shows people want to enter the profession.

I’m with you, I think we are underpaid and due for a huge pay raise and increase in benefits. But you don’t throw a temper tantrum and demand more pay and benefits when you are at a senate hearing about how our industry keeps narrowly missing mass deaths from accidents.

ATC Union was initially created to push the FAA to modernize their equipment and safety procedures along with employee rights. We should always be advocating for the FAA to have better equipment and staffing policies that will help us control and our facility staffing.

When the senate has a hearing on ATC pay and benefits then he can unload. What is he supposed to say at this hearing, “We keep having close calls because our workforce isn’t being payed enough”. Maybe, if the data was poor on applications for opening bids, but the data shows people want to enter the profession.

I’m with you, I think we are underpaid and due for a huge pay raise and increase in benefits. But you don’t throw a temper tantrum and demand more pay and benefits when you are at a senate hearing about how our industry keeps narrowly missing mass deaths from accidents.
He can say we are understaffed because the job doesn’t pay as much as it should and is falling behind inflation. Congress is never going to call for a hearing on the pay if you never even say it’s an issue! Have you ever seen a hearing? Guys say whatever the hell they want in any hearing.

Plus if they want different safety stuff then get it written into the contract. All these work groups just wind up benefiting the FAA while putting nothing on paper for us.

You say “we have plenty of applicants but not enough qualified applicants because our pay isn’t competitive (less then 50% of those “most qualified” people who make it to academy end up becoming CPC this shows a lack of quality among applicants). The caliber of people we need are equivalent to any high preforming field like Doctor, Computer Engineer, Lawyer etc. and to that end we need more competitive pay.”

People want to enter the profession, but are the right people wanting to enter the profession? Given how broad & vague the requirements are to apply, of course every Tom, Dick & Harry is going to apply. It pays better than working at Best Buy or Target. Jut because there's a flood of applications doesn't mean they are getting applications from the right (qualified) people.

People want to enter the profession, but are the right people wanting to enter the profession? Given how broad & vague the requirements are to apply, of course every Tom, Dick & Harry is going to apply. It pays better than working at Best Buy or Target. Jut because there's a flood of applications doesn't mean they are getting applications from the right (qualified) people.
Great point. Glad to have you part of the Razewen Legion.

You say “we have plenty of applicants but not enough qualified applicants because our pay isn’t competitive (less then 50% of those “most qualified” people who make it to academy end up becoming CPC this shows a lack of quality among applicants). The caliber of people we need are equivalent to any high preforming field like Doctor, Computer Engineer, Lawyer etc. and to that end we need more competitive pay.”
Well said. I feel that this is continually missed in the Pay/QOL argument. The skills, maturity(sometimes LOL!) and professinoalism required for this job are equal to the highly skilled professionals you mention. For someone that is qualified to go into one of those career fields, why on earth would they consider this one? No WFH? Low/lagging pay? Little control over where in the country you can work? Random placement?

If you're hooked on aviation then the no-brainer is to be a pilot;way more money, way more time off, and much better QOL. If you like the puzzle or technical aspects of this, you go into computer engineering or mechanical engineers; ability to WFH, competitive salaries, geographic options, etc. This job doesn't have anything that attracts a high performing applicant like it might've 15+ years ago.

He’s not a closer. We are down by 30 and need Michael Jordan and they gave us Richard Simmons. Shit ain’t gonn work homie. The Razewen legion demands and deserves better.

Santa is weak, we need a tough enforcer willing to brawl, not a limp wristed sissy. Get him outta there

Sounds like you should run since you’re such a champion for change. Surely you’re not one of those people who just likes to complain on the sidelines while not participating in any meaningful way?

Well said. I feel that this is continually missed in the Pay/QOL argument. The skills, maturity(sometimes LOL!) and professinoalism required for this job are equal to the highly skilled professionals you mention. For someone that is qualified to go into one of those career fields, why on earth would they consider this one? No WFH? Low/lagging pay? Little control over where in the country you can work? Random placement?

If you're hooked on aviation then the no-brainer is to be a pilot;way more money, way more time off, and much better QOL. If you like the puzzle or technical aspects of this, you go into computer engineering or mechanical engineers; ability to WFH, competitive salaries, geographic options, etc. This job doesn't have anything that attracts a high performing applicant like it might've 15+ years ago.
That’s were not requiring any education bites us a random is gonna say you don’t even need to go to college to do that job!

Sounds like you should run since you’re such a champion for change. Surely you’re not one of those people who just likes to complain on the sidelines while not participating in any meaningful way?
You mad I’m not a fan of your boy? I found Santa’s point 65 lap dog everybody. Great argument by the way. YOURE NOT RUNNING FOR NATCA PRWSIDENT SO YOU CANT CRITICIZE DADDIE SANTA!!!!

You mad I’m not a fan of your boy? I found Santa’s point 65 lap dog everybody. Great argument by the way. YOURE NOT RUNNING FOR NATCA PRWSIDENT SO YOU CANT CRITICIZE DADDIE SANTA!!!!

No, I have no problem with criticizing Santa. I can’t stand the guy. But do you do anything on the local level? Anything at all? Just talk and forum shitposts?

You tell me what you do first, then I’ll decide if your stupid questions are worth answering

Nah cmon man you’re the esteemed leader of the RAiZe WeN movement! Surely you have higher aspirations than being annoying on the internet

Anyone who pays can say whatever they want. The local levels weren’t even consulted on the contract extension so how would they have helped?
I know. I just find him and his other accounts annoying af.

The hate against RAZE WEN MVMNT in this thread and on this board disappoints me.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed a group of NATCAVISTS fighting for massive pay raises for all of their brothers and sisters, would be shot down and hated on for the thought that we are underpaid.

Solidarity is more than just a phrase in an email sig…

The hate against RAZE WEN MVMNT in this thread and on this board disappoints me.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed a group of NATCAVISTS fighting for massive pay raises for all of their brothers and sisters, would be shot down and hated on for the thought that we are underpaid.

Solidarity is more than just a phrase in an email sig…

First, they’re def not fighting for massive pay raises. They’re trolling an Internet forum. Secondly, imagine having a personality so terrible that it turns people off a popular idea.

Now this would be a good way to get onto the pay and benefits topic during this type of hearing

Back
Top Bottom