Santa & Whitaker are negotiating a green Chri$tmas!

I feel like you’re not understanding or purposely glossing over the entire idea just to focus on how to make sure someone that is happy doesn’t get the same benefit as those who aren’t where they want to be..
That’s not the same benefit. It’s specific to only those that haven’t transferred. It’s a tone deaf proposal in a NAS full of controllers that have been hired into a placement system that’s basically intentionally designed for them to attempt transfer upon certification.

That’s not the same benefit. It’s specific to only those that haven’t transferred. It’s a tone deaf proposal in a NAS full of controllers that have been hired into a placement system that’s basically intentionally designed for them to attempt transfer upon certification.
What? It is the same benefit. If it’s setup that after 3 years you get x%, then 5 years x% or something along those lines, everyone benefits, from the homesteaders to the people stuck waiting to transfer. I’m not sure how it’s tone deaf. The reality is that for people to be able to transfer, the faa has to hire more. That won’t be fixed overnight and means doing whatever possible to get more money in the pockets of controllers in the interim. Will any of the suggestions happen? Probably not, but it’s nice to try and think of ways to improve the overall qol of the workforce. Kind of like how people talk about what they’d do if they won the powerball.

What? It is the same benefit. If it’s setup that after 3 years you get x%, then 5 years x% or something along those lines, everyone benefits, from the homesteaders to the people stuck waiting to transfer. I’m not sure how it’s tone deaf. The reality is that for people to be able to transfer, the faa has to hire more. That won’t be fixed overnight and means doing whatever possible to get more money in the pockets of controllers in the interim. Will any of the suggestions happen? Probably not, but it’s nice to try and think of ways to improve the overall qol of the workforce. Kind of like how people talk about what they’d do if they won the powerball.
We would go to Munich and get plastered for a week straight.

This Is Fine GIF by 100% Soft

Some will want to but those that are not at their final facility rarely leave.

10% raise and sign me back up lol but I'm not paying a years of dues
Completely agree 💯 I would entertain it then but until 10% increase to bands and pay I’m a hard no. Definitely a political game if trying to transfer unless it’s a place that has little to no list. People can pull up the managers ranking list and get an idea if it’s a popular place or not.

Just bump every fac up 3 levels with the appropriate raise and make new levels 13 14 and 1

We could make a level 18 if we wanted…but we still run into the congressional pay ceiling. Unless that’s fixed there’s no point. In some localities we are already experiencing levels 10-12 hitting the cap. Premium pays and bonuses are the only way to get further raises without a significant raise in the cap/congressional floor.

Kuddos to all the traffic count hijackers for ruining pages of this thread 👍🏻

We could make a level 18 if we wanted…but we still run into the congressional pay ceiling. Unless that’s fixed there’s no point. In some localities we are already experiencing levels 10-12 hitting the cap. Premium pays and bonuses are the only way to get further raises without a significant raise in the cap/congressional floor.

Right they probably go count passengers on their breaks.

Completely agree 💯 I would entertain it then but until 10% increase to bands and pay I’m a hard no. Definitely a political game if trying to transfer unless it’s a place that has little to no list. People can pull up the managers ranking list and get an idea if it’s a popular place or not.
10% Would be like adding salt to the wound unless it was part of a multi year deal.

The deals needs to include 35% raise to base pay (minimum) over X years. With this being the most labor friendly Administration in history…it should be easy…

Anything less is a joke.

RAZENAU

I’ve said this before, the congressional pay ceiling is only a factor for your retirement.

They could make the 1.6% a year 10% a year, you’d hit the ceiling after three years, and you’d be getting a 10% lump sum every single year. Hitting the cap year three would monumentally increase your lifetime earnings not to mention the 21k lump sum everyone at the cap would see every June.

They could make it a 50% raise every June which in turn just becomes a 50% bonus paid out every year.

We’re really not capped at the congressional limit.

I’ve said this before, the congressional pay ceiling is only a factor for your retirement.

They could make the 1.6% a year 10% a year, you’d hit the ceiling after three years, and you’d be getting a 10% lump sum every single year. Hitting the cap year three would monumentally increase your lifetime earnings not to mention the 21k lump sum everyone at the cap would see every June.

They could make it a 50% raise every June which in turn just becomes a 50% bonus paid out every year.

We’re really not capped at the congressional limit.
Article highlighted for clarity. Lump sum payment.

Attachments

• IMG_2843.jpeg
    IMG_2843.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 36
10% Would be like adding salt to the wound unless it was part of a multi year deal.

The deals needs to include 35% raise to base pay (minimum) over X years. With this being the most labor friendly Administration in history…it should be easy…

Anything less is a joke.

RAZENAU
That would be awesome but obviously we don't have any leverage to get a significant raise like 35%. 10% would be great but I don't have any faith in natca getting that done.

CBP gets 2x for all OT worked. That would be the biggest realistic win that natca could bargain for.

Back
Top Bottom