Santa & Whitaker are negotiating a green Chri$tmas!

Guessing you don't have kids and relatively young considering all the bitching you did about your training being held up due to COVID. Swings are terrible for family life. At least with mids I see my kids in the afternoon.
When I work a mid I feel like I can feel my heart beating cus I am so tired sometimes

I’m all for the movement for sure but I feel people don’t quite understand how underpaid we are. Sure we can play apples to oranges on how we are over paid compared to some but especially now we are under the spot light and being criticized sometimes fairly sometimes harshly. Once we are painted more negative than positive no one will want to do the job. Or at least imo.
Given the skills and extensive training required of this job, few recognize how underpaid we are, and how much more our counterparts (pilots, among others) are making. I'd be curious to see a poll on what most think a 2 years FO at Delta/United/American is making, similarly what a 20+ year captain on a widebody there is making?

Before I get to my question let me emphatically say that I think we deserve both of these. I'm just interested in what people would want to see first.

Would you rather;

1. Substantial pay raise

2. Better work rules. No OT, better staffing, etc.

Genuinely interested.

Before I get to my question let me emphatically say that I think we deserve both of these. I'm just interested in what people would want to see first.

Would you rather;

1. Substantial pay raise

Genuinely interested.
If the FAA could eliminate OT and improve staffing at the drop of a hat I’d choose that. However, that won’t happen for the foreseeable future, so I’ll take number 1

Would you rather;

1. Substantial pay raise

Genuinely interested.
Rent/childcare/groceries/insurance all went up 30ish percent in the past 2 years in my area. Pay all fucking day.

IT seems negotiations are becoming more tight lipped, but was able to glean one little golden nugget from the Green Chri$tmas talks:

New proposal being discussed is Mid-shift premium pay. 25% differential for shifts designated as mids!

lil wayne smile GIF
Watch them do this but only this and call it done lol. Like the 20% OJTI pay.

Would you rather;

1. Substantial pay raise

Genuinely interested.
Pay raise. And I know you offered this up as a purely hypothetical, but when I look at it rationally there is a 0% chance the same idiots who broke the system can ever produce better work rules, no OT, staffing, etc.... so that even further pushes me toward major pay raise as the only realistic way to improve quality of life.

Would you rather;

1. Substantial pay raise

Genuinely interested.
I would take pay…

They dangle better staffing as a way to eliminate OT. It’s BS… they have been dangling that carrot for decades now…

Write an MOU that makes it unlawful to assign OT or make OT like 500% pay and I’ll buy into the idea the agency isn’t going to assign OT. Otherwise F U pay me.

Tentative Offer Letter? you mean my LES? No I looked at the OPM website. Basic is Base + Locality
Yes I know what you posted earlier. I’m saying check your last TOL or FOL. Basic is no locality. Base is basic + locality.
Also to confuse matters further your SF50 will display basic as no locality and basic + locality as adjusted basic.

Yes I know what you posted earlier. I’m saying check your last TOL or FOL. Basic is no locality. Base is basic + locality.
Also to confuse matters further your SF50 will display basic as no locality and basic + locality as adjusted basic.
Article 108 Section 2 (Slate book)
Ah I think the confusion here is that the terms are flipped for DOD pay and obviously (per the slate book) basic for us includes locality.

DOD Basic pay

Back
Top Bottom