Santa & Whitaker are negotiating a green Chri$tmas!

So having not communicated anything with members there's about to be a huge new bonus structure....for controllers....outside of the auto renewed contract...before christmas.
Flying Sci-Fi GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

It's literally Santa's job to meet with the FAA Administrator. He's supposed to be doing that. I would be stunned if we got any sort of substantial bonus. Where would that money come from? Tech Ops is already thin AF, the middle and upper management bloat won't have their pay reduced. The current CR funds at 2023 levels, and I don't think a 2024 Appropriations bill will be significantly higher. Not to mention FAA Finance having to sign off on any increase or bonus.

I am hopeful, but realistically, I am guessing OP is trolling down the pointsixtyfive river.
Infrastructure bill

According to TWO Santa campaign sources:

Rich has been meeting regularly with Mike Whitaker since the Senate confirmation. Team Santa staffers who are plugged into the message boards have their fingers on the pulse of the RAZEWEN legion, and are VERY aware of the burgeoning movement, so the candidates are too. Significant changes to pay coming soon. One in-the-know brother stated "both parties agree that in order to achieve a meaningful solution to the staffing crisis, pay must first be addressed. " :cool:

Quarterly bonuses are being discussed. A formula combining metrics like seniority/OJTI/CIC/Facility staffing % to work out exact amounts. Seniority always wins out and sounds like the old guard will here as well. They're also discussing a foundering bonus, the MOU language will be something like "Adversity Retention Bonus". This combined w the new parity pay will be a total game changer for those who qualify. Supposedly one sticking point is supervisor eligibility, but I say F those A-holes. Let them eat cake!

Bottom line is trust the process. The playing field is about to be leveled! It seems like a lot of Scrooges & Grinches have been poo pooing the RAZEWEN movement & making a mockery of it. Pretty soon the jokes gonna be on you and god willing we will all be celebrating Green Christmas (or rolling out early in New Year WELL before NATCA election) in line with our brothers and sisters in labor nationwide.

Santa Claus Christmas GIF by Karl's Bait & Tackle's Bait & Tackle

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
According to TWO Santa campaign sources:

Rich has been meeting regularly with Mike Whitaker since the Senate confirmation. Team Santa staffers who are plugged into the message boards have their fingers on the pulse of the RAZEWEN legion, and are VERY aware of the burgeoning movement, so the candidates are too. Significant changes to pay coming soon. One in-the-know brother stated "both parties agree that in order to achieve a meaningful solution to the staffing crisis, pay must first be addressed. " :cool:

Quarterly bonuses are being discussed. A formula combining metrics like seniority/OJTI/CIC/Facility staffing % to work out exact amounts. Seniority always wins out and sounds like the old guard will here as well. They're also discussing a foundering bonus, the MOU language will be something like "Adversity Retention Bonus". This combined w the new parity pay will be a total game changer for those who qualify. Supposedly one sticking point is supervisor eligibility, but I say F those A-holes. Let them eat cake!

Bottom line is trust the process. The playing field is about to be leveled! It seems like a lot of Scrooges & Grinches have been poo pooing the RAZEWEN movement & making a mockery of it. Pretty soon the jokes gonna be on you and god willing we will all be celebrating Green Christmas (or rolling out early in New Year WELL before NATCA election) in line with our brothers and sisters in labor nationwide.

Santa Claus Christmas GIF by Karl's Bait & Tackle's Bait & Tackle
I hope you’re not lying. 40A49767-6B48-4708-8801-468C1536682F.gif

I think it's a good sign that NATCA national did not address this yet. This is the talk of the morning at my facility, and I assume it is almost everywhere. If it was completely false, I would have expected Santa or someone to say some company line trash that "while we are aggressively working to increase pay and working conditions, there is no truth to the rumor of the implementation of quarterly bonuses in the immediate future or any rumored increase in premium pays".

You know Fac Reps and probably RVP's are getting bombed with questions on it so I assume there would be some guidance if it was totally false. Also, it's hard for me to believe this "leaked". Basically nothing leaks from the NEB, it's the one thing they are good and in lock step in keeping us in the dark. If it "leaked" I perceive it more of a coded message "hang in there, it's finally going to get better soon".

I think it's a good sign that NATCA national did not address this yet. This is the talk of the morning at my facility, and I assume it is almost everywhere. If it was completely false, I would have expected Santa or someone to say some company line trash that "while we are aggressively working to increase pay and working conditions, there is no truth to the rumor of the implementation of quarterly bonuses in the immediate future or any rumored increase in premium pays".

You know Fac Reps and probably RVP's are getting bombed with questions on it so I assume there would be some guidance if it was totally false. Also, it's hard for me to believe this "leaked". Basically nothing leaks from the NEB, it's the one thing they are good and in lock step in keeping us in the dark. If it "leaked" I perceive it more of a coded message "hang in there, it's finally going to get better soon".
The ONLY place this has been brought up was by OP here. And they are who exactly? RVPs and facreps arent getting asked, because the only people this was "leaked " to are those on this forum.

Would it be great if true, yes. Is it most likely made up BS? Yep.

Infrastructure bill
I do not believe the FAA can use that money how ever they want. It has been divided up into specific buckets. There is not a "pay controllers more" bucket.

Last edited:

No one at national is ever going to address rumors on this silly board.

They are probably all on thanksgiving vacation week

I do not believe the FAA can use that money how ever they want. It has been divided up into specific buckets. There is not a "pay controllers more" bucket.
Might be able to move existing faa fund to increase pay and take some infrastructure money for general maintenance.

Your retirement figures are low. It will likely be double or more. This isn't just a powderkeg, it's the Halifax Harbor getting ready to blow.

Inability to attract talent due to low pay leading to inability to hire at the appropriate levels. Inability to retain current talent, inability to allow for upward mobility and career progression, inability to provide a workable schedule that can be found in the private sector.

Much better prospects to retire and work elsewhere part time than continue with the FAA one second past eligibility.
How many people applied to the last bid?

You forgot to switch accounts

Quality of applicants matters. You could have a million 2.0 gpa students apply to MIT, but if none can comprehend the material, then what's the point?
You run several accounts on an air traffic controller forum. To put it quite frank you are the definition of trash. I’m sure you have all the data to support your claims that the quality of applicants are worse.

How many people applied to the last bid?
Thousands of directionless people with zero ambition applied. If you are talented or interested in literally anything else in life, you're better of taking that road than ATC as it stands today. We are getting losers. This job has degraded so much in the last 5 years that no bright young mind would ever consider it unless it had no other options available

Thousands of directionless people with zero ambition applied. If you are talented or interested in literally anything else in life, you're better of taking that road than ATC as it stands today. We are getting losers. This job has degraded so much in the last 5 years that no bright young mind would ever consider it unless it had no other options available
And surprise surprise those people are the exact ones screaming for a raise as they work their first job outside of mommy’s basement

And surprise surprise those people are the exact ones screaming for a raise as they work their first job outside of mommy’s basement
They should get raises. The wage no longer compensates the schedule or the work adequately. If starting pay does not come up, no quality applicants will even consider putting their name in

Back
Top Bottom