Santa & Whitaker are negotiating a green Chri$tmas!

Given that Top5fatcat works at a high level facility, it makes sense he’s hearing this first. Those places get leaked this kind of stuff because they usually get priority and they have the connections in NATCA. If Parity Pay comes out or gets finalized before the bonus MOU that’d be a huge morale boost.

lol Sorry CoffeeIV you shouldn’t have turned your back on NATCA, now you and the rest of your supe buddies at SIMPtower can see why being a supe sucks so bad. Jealousy is a bitch!

Given that Top5fatcat works at a high level facility, it makes sense he’s hearing this first. Those places get leaked this kind of stuff because they usually get priority and they have the connections in NATCA. If Parity Pay comes out or gets finalized before the bonus MOU that’d be a huge morale boost.

lol Sorry CoffeeIV you shouldn’t have turned your back on NATCA, now you and the rest of your supe buddies at SIMPtower can see why being a supe sucks so bad. Jealousy is a bitch!
I also work at a high level facility with several people out on article 114 gigs. Nobody has heard this, but it would be nice if something were to come to fruition.

For the record, I’m still not voting for Santa even if he does get us a raise. It shouldn’t have only mattered during election time. Care about the BUE more than once every few years and then we can talk.

Pay raise won’t matter unless we get off the Fed Civ pay ceiling of $212K, it will end up lump sum if it puts you above the band; we need specific AT pay similar to a structure of Fed Civ employees in medical and scientific career fields, their pay extends far beyond $212K ceiling.
Pay raise won’t matter because poor me only made 250k. Oh the humanity. Can’t let the poors close the gap.

I think there is some traction and reality to this. There were rumors for months the NEA was looking to increase pay though new premiums or other methods outside of the pay bands. I think the timing makes sense too with the new fiscal year, administrator, and NATCA drop out open season coming.

I’m not saying all this is 100% legit or that we would get all of it even if it is all under negotiation, but I would expect to get something and hear about it before Christmas. NATCA almost has to, if not it will seem like all those Santa and Mick videos were just company line bullshit.

Yeah, I wish everyone could agree that is Santa gets us a raise prior to the end of his term we will vote him back in. If he doesn’t then we find someone new.

Kicking the can down the road and making promises isn’t enough. Everything I’ve heard from them is small ball increases to pay. We need a significant pay raise.
This is how I am viewing it, my bar is that I need a 18% increase to base pay before the election. 6.7% is “free” with the 5.1% January presidential raise and 1.6% in June, so Santa needs to find a way to get the other 12% or so.

If Daniels has no answers either, I’ll vote for that third party guy from Boston who says he’s running.

Then if it turns out to be a runoff between Santa and Danials I just won’t vote, and will drop out of NATCA January 2025.

Immediate attention is required to address two critical issues: the starting salary and the retention of seasoned air traffic controllers.

A feasible solution involves adjusting salaries to align near the upper end of their respective pay bands, supplemented by quarterly bonuses for those exceeding the cap. This bonus structure would reward retention, experience, and training, particularly escalating from the 15th to 25th year of service.

Such a strategy would not only attract higher-quality candidates but also provide substantial incentives for advancement in facility level and encourage long-term commitment at core facilities in the NAS, critical to its long-term mission of providing safe and efficient services to the travelling public.

Current trends indicate a concerning outlook, with many controllers at my Level 12 facility neither planning to stay until the mandatory retirement age of 56 nor financially compelled to do so.

With approximately 70% of our workforce eligible for retirement within the next decade, the FAA must address this impending shortfall.Implementing this plan would neither necessitate a new contract nor the creation of an alternative pay band. It could be effectively executed in the immediate future, significantly benefiting both the existing workforce and new hires.

Last edited:
I don't know a single controller at my 12 who plans to stay to 56
This is going to be the final nail in the coffin for ATC I think. If you were hired 2008-2012, you remember everyone from the old Regan hire guard, and most stayed to 56 or very close to it. Most of them had to, even though they made more than us adjusting for inflation.

This new generation of controllers was trained way better in college if they went or from their peers if they didn’t on the importance of saving for retirement. Most controllers put the max or close to the max in the TSP, even if they are at a level six and it forces them to live slightly above the poverty wage in some COLA areas. This generation will be better prepared to go at 50-53 despite getting ass raped in pay.

Also, the six day weeks will allow anyone who is smart to do outside of the FAA IRA’s and other supplemental tools to be able to retire closer to 50 or at 25 years. Plus while we are AAA personality and fucked up assholes in our own ways too, I think less of us in this generation will have the 3 ex-wife issue you saw with the Regan hires.

So yeah, I think with all the work NATCA and the FAA puts into staffing we will have a net increase of 100-200 controllers in ten years. Then they will get blasted by 1,000 retirements a year for the ten years following that lol.

This is going to be the final nail in the coffin for ATC I think. If you were hired 2008-2012, you remember everyone from the old Regan hire guard, and most stayed to 56 or very close to it. Most of them had to, even though they made more than us adjusting for inflation.

This new generation of controllers was trained way better in college if they went or from their peers if they didn’t on the importance of saving for retirement. Most controllers put the max or close to the max in the TSP, even if they are at a level six and it forces them to live slightly above the poverty wage in some COLA areas. This generation will be better prepared to go at 50-53 despite getting ass raped in pay.

Also, the six day weeks will allow anyone who is smart to do outside of the FAA IRA’s and other supplemental tools to be able to retire closer to 50 or at 25 years. Plus while we are AAA personality and fucked up assholes in our own ways too, I think less of us in this generation will have the 3 ex-wife issue you saw with the Regan hires.

So yeah, I think with all the work NATCA and the FAA puts into staffing we will have a net increase of 100-200 controllers in ten years. Then they will get blasted by 1,000 retirements a year for the ten years following that lol.
Your retirement figures are low. It will likely be double or more. This isn't just a powderkeg, it's the Halifax Harbor getting ready to blow.

Inability to attract talent due to low pay leading to inability to hire at the appropriate levels. Inability to retain current talent, inability to allow for upward mobility and career progression, inability to provide a workable schedule that can be found in the private sector.

Much better prospects to retire and work elsewhere part time than continue with the FAA one second past eligibility.

Immediate attention is required to address two critical issues: the starting salary and the retention of seasoned air traffic controllers.

A feasible solution involves adjusting salaries to align near the upper end of their respective pay bands, supplemented by quarterly bonuses for those exceeding the cap. This bonus structure would reward retention, experience, and training, particularly escalating from the 15th to 25th year of service.

Such a strategy would not only attract higher-quality candidates but also provide substantial incentives for advancement in facility level and encourage long-term commitment at core facilities in the NAS, critical to its long-term mission of providing safe and efficient services to the travelling public.

Current trends indicate a concerning outlook, with many controllers at my Level 12 facility neither planning to stay until the mandatory retirement age of 56 nor financially compelled to do so.

With approximately 70% of our workforce eligible for retirement within the next decade, the FAA must address this impending shortfall.Implementing this plan would neither necessitate a new contract nor the creation of an alternative pay band. It could be effectively executed in the immediate future, significantly benefiting both the existing workforce and new hires.
Agreed on all you said.

I’m sensing mass exodus of NATCA membership if something big doesn’t come very soon. And the numbers of people retiring immediately upon eligibility is going to be the highest ever seen before.
Why keep giving to an agency that has not been looking after their employees? and a union that is doing very little in regards to improve the working conditions and benefits of its members beyond “this is the best contract ever” they need to do better than that, the expectations are changing rapidly especially with all the unions wins as of late. The status quo is out the window.

Pay raise won’t matter unless we get off the Fed Civ pay ceiling of $212K, it will end up lump sum if it puts you above the band; we need specific AT pay similar to a structure of Fed Civ employees in medical and scientific career fields, their pay extends far beyond $212K ceiling.
This right here, we need to get on that VA doctor $400k train.

Yessir. The pay cap is far too low. Thanks for your contribution to the Raise when mvmt.

Yeah, I wish everyone could agree that is Santa gets us a raise prior to the end of his term we will vote him back in. If he doesn’t then we find someone new.

Kicking the can down the road and making promises isn’t enough. Everything I’ve heard from them is small ball increases to pay. We need a significant pay raise.
We need a bae raise 💙

I take this as an absolute promise and I will freak the fuck out of it doesn't happen or if it's anticlimactic/ a spit in the face

Very good. I’ll be right beside you, pitchfork in hand. Welcome to the razewen legion brother

Pay raise won’t matter because poor me only made 250k. Oh the humanity. Can’t let the poors close the gap.
if you live anywhere desirable and not a land locked POS, you are poor, brother

It's literally Santa's job to meet with the FAA Administrator. He's supposed to be doing that. I would be stunned if we got any sort of substantial bonus. Where would that money come from? Tech Ops is already thin AF, the middle and upper management bloat won't have their pay reduced. The current CR funds at 2023 levels, and I don't think a 2024 Appropriations bill will be significantly higher. Not to mention FAA Finance having to sign off on any increase or bonus.

I am hopeful, but realistically, I am guessing OP is trolling down the pointsixtyfive river.

It's literally Santa's job to meet with the FAA Administrator. He's supposed to be doing that. I would be stunned if we got any sort of substantial bonus. Where would that money come from? Tech Ops is already thin AF, the middle and upper management bloat won't have their pay reduced. The current CR funds at 2023 levels, and I don't think a 2024 Appropriations bill will be significantly higher. Not to mention FAA Finance having to sign off on any increase or bonus.

I am hopeful, but realistically, I am guessing OP is trolling down the pointsixtyfive river.
That's my take as well

Back
Top Bottom