Santa & Whitaker are negotiating a green Chri$tmas!

You run several accounts on an air traffic controller forum. To put it quite frank you are the definition of trash. I’m sure you have all the data to support your claims that the quality of applicants are worse.
Actually I don’t, and no I’m not, you BIGGOLE bully.

You get off on cyber bullying people and being a contrarian loser on an air traffic controller forum. Read that again.

Gobbless angry hall monitor boy 🫡

Thousands of directionless people with zero ambition applied. If you are talented or interested in literally anything else in life, you're better of taking that road than ATC as it stands today. We are getting losers. This job has degraded so much in the last 5 years that no bright young mind would ever consider it unless it had no other options available
So true..SAD! Imagine a world where controllers were fairly compensated and appreciated for their work….IMG_8693.jpeg

You run several accounts on an air traffic controller forum. To put it quite frank you are the definition of trash. I’m sure you have all the data to support your claims that the quality of applicants are worse.
I’m sure the agency is looking to hire people from other avenues rather than the off the street bid because all the off the street people are so qualified…

This is exciting. I'm so confident about this raise i just ordered some new kicks for my whip!
I don't understand the hate and negativity. Its like we are all so beaten down as a union we cant accept yes for an answer.
IVe noticed Boots is always nasty and negative and thats a shame. Luckily I dont beleive management is going to qualify lol god bless ;)

corvette dubs GIF

This is exciting. I'm so confident about this raise i just ordered some new kicks for my whip!
I don't understand the hate and negativity. Its like we are all so beaten down as a union we cant accept yes for an answer.
IVe noticed Boots is always nasty and negative and thats a shame. Luckily I dont beleive management is going to qualify lol god bless ;)

corvette dubs GIF
Gobbless, brother! Try not to let Boots get you down..the FAA broke him years ago..SAD!!!

I’m sure the agency is looking to hire people from other avenues rather than the off the street bid because all the off the street people are so qualified…

They’re looking to get butts in seats the quickest. It has nothing to do with the quality.

It’s not quick if 60% of them wash out or take 15 extensions to get certified

It’s quick enough for them to be able to say “see!? We’re solving the staffing crisis and have hired x amount more ATC this year compared to last”. And who knows? Maybe it will actually make a difference. If they get 2000 people a year direct to facility and 1000 certify while numbers from the academy stay the same, that’s 1000 more CPC’s then there would have been. And if they flood low level facilities with these guys then staffing numbers should be able to start improving in them fairly quickly allowing movement.

Last edited:
It’s quick enough for them to be able to say “see!? We’re solving the staffing crisis and have hired x amount more ATC this year compared to last”. And who knows? Maybe it will actually make a difference. If they get 2000 people a year direct to facility and 1000 certify while numbers from the academy stay the same, that’s 1000 more CPC’s then there would have been. And if they flood low level facilities with these guys then staffing numbers should be able to start improving in them fairly quickly allowing movement.
Aye, we are at a point where we literally need to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. The hiring avenue matters not on who reports directly to facility, either you have what it takes or you do not.

Aye, we are at a point where we literally need to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. The hiring avenue matters not on who reports directly to facility, either you have what it takes or you do not.
If anything this brute force method is probably cheaper and faster than waiting to open up another academy. And if most fail, there's plenty of bodies for Alaska FSS which is also understaffed.

If anything this brute force method is probably cheaper and faster than waiting to open up another academy. And if most fail, there's plenty of bodies for Alaska FSS which is also understaffed.
Pretty much my logic at this point. We can bitch about staffing but fuck it, open the gates and lets see what happens.

corvette dubs GIF
Sick whip, go check out the bread line?

Gobbless, brother! Try not to let Boots get you down..the FAA broke him years ago..SAD!!!

It’s sad to see someone in management so broken, like boots.

United we stand.

IMG_0730.jpeg

They’re looking to get butts in seats the quickest. It has nothing to do with the quality.
then just hire the off the street people direct to facility. That would do what you are directly saying... "get butts in seats"

They won't do that because the vast amount of applicants are absolute garbage

The problem with the brute force method is

A.) if they hire a bunch of people direct to low level facilities and have to train them to wipe their own A*S it takes years and then for people to wash out would just make us unable to train qualified people.

B.) If you just fill every facility to max staffing and everyone just skips the academy (besides lawsuits) EVERY ATC that has paperwork to high level desirable facilities (NCEPT) that gets absolutely BBC level screwed out of not transferring because the agency decided "Screw you"... these controllers will quit their low level facility to get in line for the hiring to direct desirable facility.

then just hire the off the street people direct to facility. That would do what you are directly saying... "get butts in seats"

They won't do that because the vast amount of applicants are absolute garbage

Uh no. CTI at least theoretically has learned the same things that are taught in the Academy and so if not more qualified are at least (in theory) better equipped to begin facility training right away without being a drag on facility resources having to teach fundamentals. Not a hard concept.

For the people in the back, no one fucking cares where you come from or how you were hired. Can you do the job? Yes? Fantastic lets go. With the staffing shortage the time for being particular is over, throw shit at the wall and let it be sink or swim.

I always thought when people talked shit about some of the hiring process they were just being a bit racist.... just found an FAA report that states they changed the hiring process to make it more diverse. Essentially, white people typically had better qualifications compared to african americans. Straight from the study: "Recruit qualified people to achieve a workforce that fairly represents our society "

Except they didn't make it representative of our society. Our country is 75% white people and only 13% black people (per most recent census). It's like when ESPN talks about how there aren't enough black coaches in the NFL... well of course their isn't. They make up way less of the population.

From a study the FAA released:

MQ = Minimum Qualifications (MQs). The ATCS minimum qualifications are customized to each applicant source. The minimum qualification review is carried out in two stages: automated system screening and manual HR review.

Scroll down to: Table 1. ATCS Minimum Qualifications by Applicant Source to see how people were compared.

"MQ screening dramatically alters the overall diversity of the applicant pool that moves forward in the hiring process. For example, prior to any screening, 32% of all applicants are African Americans and 48% are White. However, following the MQ screening, 16% of all applicants moving forward are African American while 65% are White. Moreover, this is the stage at which at least 80% of applicants from the most diverse sources are eliminated."

All those people saying there is a lower quality of trainee being hired aren't wrong. The original hiring method was actually representative of our country.

Uh no. CTI at least theoretically has learned the same things that are taught in the Academy and so if not more qualified are at least (in theory) better equipped to begin facility training right away without being a drag on facility resources having to teach fundamentals. Not a hard concept.
So are you saying that CTIs are of better quality than the applicant or not? I said the unhired applicants are underqualified AKA quality sucks and you said
So are the CTIs better qualified than the unhired applicants or not? You are playing both sides of the fence here...

The fact is simple that applicant that are unhired are not quality applicants or they wouldn't be looking at other avenues to hire people.

Back
Top Bottom