Security Clearance Information

GulfBravoPapa

Forum Sage
So I'm confused. My security POC told me that my conditional clearance was granted on the 9th of this month. Then I got an email saying that my investigation process has been placed on hold status and then they requested some information about a school that I attended. Can someone make sense of this?
A conditional clearance isn't the end of the security. They still do the full investigation. Whether or not they can rescind a conditional clearance I do not know

squawkIFR

Forum Sage
I phrased that poorly... Can they take away a conditional clearance and say you must now wait for the full clearance before proceeding?
I put my community college of the Air Force degree on my resume but I didn’t list it on the sf86 form because the college doesn’t exist in the way that a real college does and I never took classes there. They just wanted the dates that I attended and the address. I told my security POC that there are no dates because it’s not actually a college that you can attend.

MJ

Administrator
Staff member
I phrased that poorly... Can they take away a conditional clearance and say you must now wait for the full clearance before proceeding?
Yes. The "conditional" is just a waiver to allow someone to be on-boarded before the full investigation/adjudication has completed. It can be revoked at any time.

Cmsgthokage

Trusted Contributor
I put my community college of the Air Force degree on my resume but I didn’t list it on the sf86 form because the college doesn’t exist in the way that a real college does and I never took classes there. They just wanted the dates that I attended and the address. I told my security POC that there are no dates because it’s not actually a college that you can attend.
My investigator said he called the CCAF headquarters in Alabama, I think, and Got actual dates from them. I accidentally put Jan 2012 instead of Jan 2013, I said it was estimated because I wasn’t at BMT until Nov 2012 and just put the month I graduated and got to tech school. And tech school is when I think they officially enroll you.

He made me go into eQIP and put it as “distance learning school” or something like that.