Security Clearance Information

Does needing to respond with additional information to obtain a waiver for suitability mean that I was denied a conditional clearance?

No not necessarily
That’s a bit more reassuring. On March 21st I was notified by my security poc needed more information due to a firing that occurred in 2012, before I joined the Navy, as well as erroneous debt that I had gotten resolved but still popped up. I sent the paperwork back the same day. Last week I was informed by my HR poc that I cleared medical and drug test, but no clearance.

Alright, so called my POC because it was past the 10 business days and hadn't received anything regarding eqip from my CIL. Spoke with my POC who had pulled my file and saw I already have a clearance, but had to request my investigation because there were some "issues" with my investigation. She didn't explain whether it was something to be of concern or not since she hadn't received my investigation yet. Has anyone had this happen or know what these possible"issues" could be? I still have my clearance and use it on a monthly basis so I don't know what could possibly be there.

That’s a bit more reassuring. On March 21st I was notified by my security poc needed more information due to a firing that occurred in 2012, before I joined the Navy, as well as erroneous debt that I had gotten resolved but still popped up. I sent the paperwork back the same day. Last week I was informed by my HR poc that I cleared medical and drug test, but no clearance.

FWIW, i was denied a conditional clearance for being fired from a position a few years back as well. I've done some reading and received a couple encouraging PM's, so i'm hoping the "full investigative process" can flesh this out and determine that i may in fact not be a danger to national security. I thought my tenure as a senior financial analyst would show that i can maintain some level of responsibility, but it appears that is not the case.

Just had my interview last week (finally!) and she told me that she’s not the one who makes the decision. I was curious on how much weight her final report holds with the person who does make the final decision

Just had my interview last week (finally!) and she told me that she’s not the one who makes the decision. I was curious on how much weight her final report holds with the person who does make the final decision
How long did you wait before you notified that you needed an interview?

How likely are they to look into a cohabitate situation? I’m living with my girlfriend who isn’t a US citizen.. so not sure if this hurts me. Am I better off just saying she’s my roommate?

Other factors: I applied to the TSA a few months and my EQip is still on file with all my information when I log in, I didn’t include her here because again I felt like it might hurt my chances to get in. They ended up passing me but I know the ATC background will probably dig deeper. So I don’t know if they will look back on that one to see if I’m consistent and I know you not supposed to lie on these.. so again how deep do they dig.

Also I co-signed for her car... so yea idk if questions would be asked that I did that for just a roommate. And later in the EQip they ask if she has any contact with foreign governments in the last 7 years I think... which she has to renew her passport, but she doesn’t know they persons information she felt with anymore.

So what should I do? Seems better to just leave her off as a cohabitate for less problems and stuff to fill out, plus to keep everything consistent with my EQips. Or do they dig so much that they will find out somehow via address history of who lives there or from me co signing on the car?
There's enough documentation (credit check, lease agreement) that i would include it with the background check. I doubt it will give you issues including it but, leaving it off could be grounds for rejection.

How common is it to get a call from someone who says they are an investigator and I need to make an appointment with him to “go over my paperwork”.

What could be the reason for this? I think I recall already receiving temporary security clearance, looking for the email now. Even after that I still have to have an interview?

How common is it to get a call from someone who says they are an investigator and I need to make an appointment with him to “go over my paperwork”.

What could be the reason for this? I think I recall already receiving temporary security clearance, looking for the email now. Even after that I still have to have an interview?

Common and yes.

Ah okay thank you. So it might not be that he found anything wrong just a routine review?
Could be something small like dates you mixed up if you dont have any criminal/drug or financial history or even a reference or neighbor that said something about you. You can still get your conditional and get an interview. I didnt have the interview until I got to my facility after the academy

Back
Top Bottom