Security Clearance Information

I would put the dorm name or number and your room number. I was in the military and always just put the barracks number, could never remember a room number though.

The mailing address that you used to get things delivered to you. And then someone that also lived in the dorm is what I used for the reference. My friend said he ended up with like 4 letters to fill out....one for each time period that I used him as a reference.

Gotcha. Thanks guys!

When filling out the employment section of the equip, if you had periods where you were going to school but not working, do you just list that as a period of unemployment?

So just to make sure I'm reading this right, they residence information for the last ten years, but only need a reference for places you've lived in the last 3 years, correct?

I’m waiting to hear back from my security rep because I have something I have to add to equip... has anyone ever amended theirs after submitting it? I’m sure it’s probably not going to happen but I reached out anyway... worst case scenario I guess I’ll have to explain in an interview...

I’m waiting to hear back from my security rep because I have something I have to add to equip... has anyone ever amended theirs after submitting it? I’m sure it’s probably not going to happen but I reached out anyway... worst case scenario I guess I’ll have to explain in an interview...

I needed to change an address, my security POC said she'd try to get it amended

While details are important of course, I think the main point of listing addresses is to ensure you weren't hiding away in a cult or off training for nefarious activities in a foreign country. If you moved to an apartment down the street while at a job or changed dorm rooms, I don't think that's particularly important to national security.

My security POC hasn’t responded to me and it’s been a few days now... I’d assume the more time that passes the less likely I can amend something. It’s frustrating

I did them on printer paper as well. Can't imagine there would be an issue considering there were no directions on how to find the right card stock and print with it. If it was really critical I would think they would have specified. (It's kind of dumb they can't take digital by now)

I spoke to my security POC about the same thing when I did mine. She said it really doesn’t matter if you use the ones provided in the email or whatever the PD uses they’re both incredibly similar.

Well I ended up trying to use printer paper and when the officer saw it he wouldn’t let me use it. Said it had to be card stock. Said it would bleed through and he doubts they would take it. They told me to go to the staples across the street and and print it on card stock.
haha that's pretty funny
The police didn't say anything to me and it certainly didn't bleed through. It's not like it's pen ink they're using

Should I list a marijuana stewart marchman course I was court ordered to do when I was a juvenile? Or is it the e-Qip not referring to something what happened when we were under the age of 18 and is probably not on my record? Anything helps.

When in doubt, list it. If it doesn't matter then they won't even care you put it on your sf86. If they would want to know then you'd be covered. If you didn't list it and you should have now you're potentially having issue. Read the wording of the question carefully. Is it one of the in the past 8 years or have you ever questions?

When in doubt, list it. If it doesn't matter then they won't even care you put it on your sf86. If they would want to know then you'd be covered. If you didn't list it and you should have now you're potentially having issue. Read the wording of the question carefully. Is it one of the in the past 8 years or have you ever questions?

The questions asks on the sf86 "Have you EVER been ordered, advised, or asked to seek counseling or treatment as a result of your illegal use of drugs or controlled substances?" So now I need to explain why I was in that situation and that I was in teen court for poss of marijuana. It was a long time ago I wish the question stated "in the past 8 years". The "charge"was dismissed/dropped after I completed the stewart marchman program. But I guess I still need to answer yes to that question and explain myself. Never listed it on any other jobs that have ran background checks but i know these are different circumstances. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom