Security Clearance Information

Updated the OP with a nice summary sheet of the OPM background investigation and adjudication process

If you already have a TS/SCI that has closed out literally last week do you really have to go through another background investigation? If I was to go to other government agencies I wouldn't be doing another one so why is this any different? I would understand if it was past due like my 5 year reinvestigation point but its not due so why waste time and money? Its also the same agency that is doing the investigation, just seems unnecessary.

If its within 2 years they will accept it. They still do a check to make sure nothing changed.

I always wondered what if you have family members that are undocumented? From what I've seen that can actually limit your ability to obtain a Secret clearance and all? Is that true?

Sorry to bump this thread, but I work for an airline, and I've probably been out of the US over 50x for work alone, including loads of basic 12 hour overnights in Canada. I bet I already know the answer, but they will seriously need the details of each of those overnights? I'm going to have to go through 3 years of trips for all my international overnights, aren't I?

I had to go through the same thing as well and had to list every INTL trip and the investigator basically went down the list and asked what was the purpose of each trip even if it was only a day trip. Imagine having to list 7 years worth of trips...

So how much more do they need than, “I’m a pilot/flight attendant/banker(whatever) and I was there for my job”? -ignorant questioner....I don’t remember the answers I gave.
I had been to Colombia and a few other South American countries that they definitely asked but I don’t remember exact responses..

So how much more do they need than, “I’m a pilot/flight attendant/banker(whatever) and I was there for my job”? -ignorant questioner....I don’t remember the answers I gave.
I had been to Colombia and a few other South American countries that they definitely asked but I don’t remember exact responses..
When the lady was asking me I told her all of my travels were for pleasure due to the fact that I received airline benefits. I just had to confirm that with her for each trip.

I too work for an airline and have taken quite a few trips. I recently met with a federal investigator and he basically just confirmed each trip with me verbally and checked for each physical stamp on my passport. The only thing he really went more in depth with was my trips to West Africa and dual citizenship.

I'm one of the few left from the 8/2016 bid

Hopefully not being a nuisance in this thread.

It appears I have finally cleared medical. I am STILL awaiting a security clearance. In December, someone from the NBIB called me and asked me if "I was still trying to get a clearance". I told them I was, and they told me to "expect a call for an interview soon". That was 3 months ago. None of the referrals I listed or family members have been contacted in any way. I am unable to get ahold of anyone at the NBIB... I'm just wondering if this is common? I've done more reading on this than an ordinary person should, but it's hard for me to understand how long is left for me in this process. I certainly do not have an unblemished record, but I can't think of anything that would take over 12 months.. much less to even be contacted etc.

Is there any recourse or action I can take? Or should I continue to wait and it'll "come when it comes"? Received my TOL 12/17, pages upon pages of requested documentation have been submitted... :\

Back
Top Bottom