Shoot The Breeze 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people doubling down?

It’s hard to accept you damaged your community for pride. It’s hard to accept you cost teens their prom, grandma’s first visit with her grandchild, health care workers’ sanity and their struggle for your ignorance.

It can’t be that serious. If it is, that means I was wrong. Being wrong costs me dearly.

So instead of waking up, saying “I was wrong” & trying to fix it, I’m going to double down. Because acknowledging the damage I’ve done is far too painful.

800k dead since 2021.

Not a deadly disease.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

With COVID and BECAUSE of COVID makes a huge difference on those numbers, I’d suggest watching the CDC director’s interviews. More dead people under president who said he’d crush the virus? than the previous president. Sad
Um, no.

There were 1 million excess deaths in the last year and a half (I.E, 1 million more people died than we would normally have). These people died because of covid.
They would have lived longer if they didn't get covid.

How hard is it for people to comprehend this?

By your standards, it's just coincidence these people had Covid when they died.

And bravo for the 'it's not really deadly, but OMG more people died while Biden was president, how terrible he is' act.

FYI, Trump was president for 9 months of the pandemic, Biden has been president for a year.
On average, about 8,000 more people died each month during Trumps watch. He made America so Great.

There was a new virus. The vaccines didn’t work. People died because there’s a new virus. Let’s move on. This isn’t going to be the first or last new virus that’s gonna kill people it’s just the circle of life.

Also the only people who….

“cost teens their prom, grandma’s first visit with her grandchild, health care workers’ sanity and their struggle for your ignorance.”

Is the media and the government for inducing fear and forcing people to do things that affect their livelihood. All they had to do is or provide and encourage to those who seek help. Instead they turned the vaccinated against the unvaccinated which is completely irrelevant to the virus and how it spreads.

“cost teens their prom, grandma’s first visit with her grandchild, health care workers’ sanity and their struggle for your ignorance.”

Is the media and the government for inducing fear and forcing people to do things that affect their livelihood. All they had to do is or provide and encourage to those who seek help. Instead they turned the vaccinated against the unvaccinated which is completely irrelevant to the virus and how it spreads.
1642536347379.jpg
You're correct. It's never been about our safety though. If this was a disease so deadly, we wouldn't have to listen to the media or .gov to force us, or might I say COERCE us into getting a vax. Some of the people on here are just too far gone to realize they've been tricked into joining a cult.

If we're talking about OJT, I think it's fair to say there are a bunch of morons in charge of that policy, and the downside of working for the government is government incompetence.
To your broader point, I think you overestimate their impact.

How much has the government really forced on people that impacts their livelihood since vaccines were introduced? Is there anywhere in the country where restaurants and bars are shut down, theaters empty, stadiums deserted?

Don't get me wrong, the media and govnt often suck a$$, but as to anti-vaxxers, they didn't turn me against them. My opinion of them has always been about the same as my opinion of flat-earthers.

"which is completely irrelevant to the virus and how it spreads"

This is common among conservatives, to bend how time works to try to prove a point.

(My favorite was how people were sharing in April 2020 that only 35 people had died from the virus (using a March number) and using that to say it wasn't serious, despite that tens of thousands had already died, and the government anticipated hundreds of thousands, maybe millions would)

When policies were made, the original virus and the delta variant were in play. Even recent studies show that vaccines reduced spread among those. So any additional ire stemming from people refusing to get vaccinated may have been warranted at the time.

If we're talking about OJT, I think it's fair to say there are a bunch of morons in charge of that policy, and the downside of working for the government is government incompetence.

How much has the government really forced on people that impacts their livelihood since vaccines were introduced? Is there anywhere in the country where restaurants and bars are shut down, theaters empty, stadiums deserted?

Don't get me wrong, the media and govnt often suck a$$, but as to anti-vaxxers, they didn't turn me against them. My opinion of them has always been about the same as my opinion of flat-earthers.

This is common among conservatives, to bend how time works to try to prove a point.

(My favorite was how people were sharing in April 2020 that only 35 people had died from the virus (using a March number) and using that to say it wasn't serious, despite that tens of thousands had already died, and the government anticipated hundreds of thousands, maybe millions would)

When policies were made, the original virus and the delta variant were in play. Even recent studies show that vaccines reduced spread among those. So any additional ire stemming from people refusing to get vaccinated may have been warranted at the time.
I think the other problem is everyone gets lumped in together.
Look at your job, then mix in you having to work with 5 other government agencies.
Is incompetence a conspiracy?
Shots were mandated to prevent coronavirus...not reduce symptoms, and SLIGHTLY reduce spread. Is it a conspiracy these vaccines were made and researched using tax dollars, then bought using tax dollars, then distributed and paid for with tax dollars, to the largest pharmaceutical lobbying company? They don't prevent, why are they still mandated?

I mean at some point we delve from incompetence to idiocy to conspiracy.

Also, anti vaxxers and people hesitant about the new technology are different, the trump supporters are different, the flat earthers are different.

what's your definition of anti-vaxx?

I think the other problem is everyone gets lumped in together.
Look at your job, then mix in you having to work with 5 other government agencies.
Is incompetence a conspiracy?
Shots were mandated to prevent coronavirus...not reduce symptoms, and SLIGHTLY reduce spread. Is it a conspiracy these vaccines were made and researched using tax dollars, then bought using tax dollars, then distributed and paid for with tax dollars, to the largest pharmaceutical lobbying company? They don't prevent, why are they still mandated?

I mean at some point we delve from incompetence to idiocy to conspiracy.

Also, anti vaxxers and people hesitant about the new technology are different, the trump supporters are different, the flat earthers are different.
But if you are able to group all those people together, it becomes infinitely easier to convince someone to vote Blue.

I’m not just talking OJT or restaurants etc, I’m talking about take precaution, take the vaccine if you want to. Or not. It should have no impact on how you feel about someone else taking it. We didn’t have to close schools, or stop proms, or fire healthcare workers. Instead of the government scaring us and feeding us false information, they could simply advise and inform of the risks both with or without vaccine, provide clinics to get the vaccine, etc. But they could have done ALL of this without the “fear” and “panic” aspect. Remember when Covid first surfaced most of us were afraid to go to the grocery store because we thought we would catch it and become deathly ill. Life didn’t have to stop. Where we are with Covid now is where we could have been two years ago.

Also the amount of SMALL businesses that closed because of this “deadly pandemic” is sad. So yes, it did affect a lot of peoples livelihood in one way or another.

I’m not just talking OJT or restaurants etc, I’m talking about take precaution, take the vaccine if you want to. Or not. It should have no impact on how you feel about someone else taking it. We didn’t have to close schools, or stop proms, or fire healthcare workers. Instead of the government scaring us and feeding us false information, they could simply advise and inform of the risks both with or without vaccine, provide clinics to get the vaccine, etc. But they could have done ALL of this without the “fear” and “panic” aspect. Remember when Covid first surfaced most of us were afraid to go to the grocery store because we thought we would catch it and become deathly ill. Life didn’t have to stop. Where we are with Covid now is where we could have been two years ago.

Also the amount of SMALL businesses that closed because of this “deadly pandemic” is sad. So yes, it did affect a lot of peoples livelihood in one way or another.
This rational take isn't good enough for left-leaning people. They fetishize the federal government forcing people to do things.

NATO is gonna do a lot of talking and not a lot of action on that. No one in the west wants a full blown war with Russia (or anyone for that matter) in Europe. The most we will do is give them military aid because no one wants to risk a super power slugfest over some moldy looking bombed out factories in Donetsk and Lugansk, and all the Russians really want is a fresh water supply to what they took in 2014 down south. They'll get it, and we will all hem and haw, and Germany will still get their gas from them.

That said Raytheon and General Dynamics are gonna get a say in that too, and the market is tanking....Nothing great for the economy like a good ole fashioned war, and our aging leaders still have that cold war mindset when they get in their dementia fugue states so who knows.

This rational take isn't good enough for left-leaning people. They fetishize the federal government forcing people to do things.
People who rail against either the left or the right are merely different sides of the same coin. It’s like the difference between fox news and cnn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom