Shoot The Breeze 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who rail against either the left or the right are merely different sides of the same coin. It’s like the difference between fox news and cnn.
so supporting a mandate and not supporting a mandate are different sides of the same coin?

......what? lmao

But if you are able to group all those people together, it becomes infinitely easier to convince someone to vote Blue.

This rational take isn't good enough for left-leaning people. They fetishize the federal government forcing people to do things.
I love how you said both of these things.
Is there even anyone on this forum who is pro mandate? Even 32, arguably the most leftist person here, acknowledges they're not pro-mandate.

But if you generalize left-leaning people, makes it easier to convince them to vote red ?

This rational take isn't good enough for left-leaning people. They fetishize the federal government forcing people to do things.

so supporting a mandate and not supporting a mandate are different sides of the same coin?

......what? lmao
It's almost like there's this whole middle ground where you can take proper precautions till we know what we are dealing with (we do now) what's effective and what's not (ditto) and let the scientists have breathing room to do science stuff, which yes sometimes includes hypotheses which later turn out to be slightly incorrect and need adjustment to standards or deviation from previous conclusions without screaming WRONG! when you have no basis do know any better besides your fee fees.

So ya, there's absolutely a lot of similarity between the die hard belligerents on both sides, and it has nothing to do with where they lay on the political spectrum, just their own steadfast stupidity and refusal to admit they were wrong or that things sometimes change, and it's okay for your opinion to change with it.

Even 32, arguably the most leftist person here
Lmao wut? Dude is a straight up neolib DNC nob slobbing shill. That's just ever so slightly right of center I can barely tell the difference.

And everything I said above has nothing should have nothing to do with politics. Yet here we are. We are talking about a virus. We are talking about a vaccine that we can decide if we want to take or not. It’s not politics. Yet someone always manages to literally turn ANY subject out there into politics! Why ?

if you don’t support Bernie Sanders you’re a republican! Lol
Not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying the real qualitative difference between the GOP and the Democrats on a pure left/right scale is minimal, and calling a dyed in the wool neoliberal a "leftist" is fucking wild.

The big divide in US politics is identity bullshit. Both parties are pro big business, pro imperialism, pro big government, pro self promotion and enjoy the benefits of the heirarchal structure of our society. It's all a difference in who they are paying lip service to, and they all benefit from dunces thinking that's a meaningful difference.

You can see the evidence in that daily on everything from say.....Pelosi and Crenshaw and company being anti transparency in their stock dealings to the Ukraine situation to healthcare to the enormous military spending package that just passed recently.

Look at the flu numbers…
Just because this is an especially hilarious take...

The worst flu year in our lifetimes, 2018, had 80k flu deaths. If we assume that same number of people died this year and it was recorded as COVID instead for... reasons, then we still have 720k dead because of COVID.

Oh, I'm sorry, with COVID, because apparently dying of pneumonia as a complication of COVID is a meaningful distinction people are making only now and didn't see necessary to make before.

I’m not just talking OJT or restaurants etc, I’m talking about take precaution, take the vaccine if you want to. Or not. It should have no impact on how you feel about someone else taking it. We didn’t have to close schools, or stop proms, or fire healthcare workers. Instead of the government scaring us and feeding us false information, they could simply advise and inform of the risks both with or without vaccine, provide clinics to get the vaccine, etc. But they could have done ALL of this without the “fear” and “panic” aspect. Remember when Covid first surfaced most of us were afraid to go to the grocery store because we thought we would catch it and become deathly ill. Life didn’t have to stop. Where we are with Covid now is where we could have been two years ago.

Also the amount of SMALL businesses that closed because of this “deadly pandemic” is sad. So yes, it did affect a lot of peoples livelihood in one way or another.
I think the initial shutdowns and quarantine recommendations/requirements were warranted in the face of something we knew would be deadly, but were uncertain about just how bad it'd be.

As time has gone on, the situation has fluctuated, and we're far more reluctant to relax restrictions when new evidence supports relaxing them than we are to implement new restrictions when new evidence supports implementing them.

As far as the grocery store... I remember washing my hands more, and being criticized for not wearing a mask before masking was a thing. I did just a handful of things differently since the start of the pandemic.

Oh, I'm sorry, with COVID, because apparently dying of pneumonia as a complication of COVID is a meaningful distinction people are making only now and didn't see necessary to make before.
No, they've been making that distinction since 2020. It's only coincidence that Covid emerged and there are 100s of thousands more pneumonia deaths than normal.

?

Lmao wut? Dude is a straight up neolib DNC nob slobbing shill. That's just ever so slightly right of center I can barely tell the difference.
I really only pay attention to his virus commentary, so that's where I got the impression from.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong.

I really only pay attention to his virus commentary, so that's where I got the impression from.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong.
Eh I mean I don't see "we should take measures protect to protect our communities from disease" as some form of radical leftism..... I just kind of call that not being an asshole.

That said, yes you can get so rabid about it you become an asshole, but again apples and oranges to being "left" on a political spectrum.

Is it a conspiracy these vaccines were made and researched using tax dollars, then bought using tax dollars, then distributed and paid for with tax dollars, to the largest pharmaceutical lobbying company? They don't prevent, why are they still mandated?
Your guess as to the mandates is as good as mine. Heck, news story this morning was a new bill to mandate school kid vaccines. He said "we know" that this is a way to prevent kids from getting sick.
But it really isn't. It may do good, but it's not necessary.

As to whether the vaccine is in conspiracy territory... I'd say no more than wealth inequality is in conspiracy territory. Wealthy people and their businesses that lobby for policies that benefit them and screw over millions of others. Amazon getting so much in credit and deductions that they basically paid no taxes the other year.

Eh I mean I don't see "we should take measures protect to protect our communities from disease" as some form of radical leftism..... I just kind of call that not being an asshole.

That said, yes you can get so rabid about it you become an asshole, but again apples and oranges to being "left" on a political spectrum.
I feel that "masking" has been portrayed as radical leftism by the right.

And that's basically a simple measure to protect our communities from disease.

View attachment 7285
You're correct. It's never been about our safety though. If this was a disease so deadly, we wouldn't have to listen to the media or .gov to force us, or might I say COERCE us into getting a vax. Some of the people on here are just too far gone to realize they've been tricked into joining a cult.
communist anti christ doesnt make sense since jesus was a commie

I feel that "masking" has been portrayed as radical leftism by the right.

And that's basically a simple measure to protect our communities from disease.
And you aren't wrong, however I think a big portion of that is virtue signaling (both sides) and the incessant need to "trigger" your political opponent that is modern American political discourse.

In my 30 plus years I've never seen a political divide on whether it's polite to cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze yet here we are, because some thumbnail pictures on the magic twitter machine said so.

I mean tbf bible jesus is a pretty cool dude, but the modern GOP would hate a brown man from the middle east talking about helping each other out
For sure. Olive skinned hair like a lamb, generous and empathetic.

Sounds about right haha.

What do you guys think about monoclonal treatment and it being stopped by fed govt?

I talked to a flight doc who mentioned C19 not being treated and instead the vax is being sold as “the save all.” And not being treated.

I’ve talked to a couple of friends/family who got COVID, went to hospital and were told “ok go home and rest, if you feel really bad call 911” and nobody did. So these people are surviving but not being treated. Seems fishy.

And then we have this fire dumpster who can’t even do public speech with all her “uhms” “ahs.” Who’s been sucking off the tit of the State Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom