Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our facility is going ahead with the Zoom meetings... and realized 3 days in that they are already almost out of material to cover. Someone proposed doing eLMS as a group and I'm pretty sure the collective hated them to death.
If you aren't at the academy the whole Zoom thing is a crock. Anything I need to study for a refresher is either on an Ipad or on my map, neither of which I've bothered to pick up in the last 3 months anyways.

Our training just said July 15th for OJT they are gonna do actual qualification classes via zoom.
Got the same canned response "mid-July but we're not very confident that's going to happen" this was a week ago.

From what I understand USCIS is funded entirely by fees. The FAA has the Aviation Trust Fund, and last year a big legislative push was to make it so the ATF can fund us during a shutdown. But as it stands, the FAA is funded by normal appropriated money from Congress, and as a side detail sends enough money to the general fund from the ATF that it comes out to nearly if not entirely cost-neutral.

Which is to say, our situation is not like their situation, despite the fact that the ATF is in a sorry state due to reduced fuel and passenger fees.

Never heard the end of that story... anything happen?
Apparently it was elevated to National and “nothing could be done”. I believe some of the black controllers are getting together and filing a joint EEO. The person is still spewing shit on FB.

If you aren't at the academy the whole Zoom thing is a crock. Anything I need to study for a refresher is either on an Ipad or on my map, neither of which I've bothered to pick up in the last 3 months anyways.

Got the same canned response "mid-July but we're not very confident that's going to happen" this was a week ago.
Ours were told the 22nd? Who knows. It’s a fluid situation, and I lean toward the pessimist on any given date

I’ve had him on ignore for quite some time so I only catch his dribble in drips and drabs

Just to catch you up, for me the Pushing Tin Highlight of the Week was when a user literally offered to buy him petri dishes and agar so he could see for himself the difference between coughing with and without a mask, and PT responded with "No thank you" and a GIF of a little girl wagging her finger.

Might even be Highlight of the Month territory.

Just talked to a friend of mine who started the Zoom stuff a week ago at a Z, said they basically take attendance and that’s it. He was on the floor though so maybe it’s different for people who need academics.

Just to catch you up, for me the Pushing Tin Highlight of the Week was when a user literally offered to buy him petri dishes and agar so he could see for himself the difference between coughing with and without a mask, and PT responded with "No thank you" and a GIF of a little girl wagging her finger.

Might even be Highlight of the Month territory.

no matter what I say about him, or what he says, his way with gifs is genius.

I do not think he stood up for him, merely the individuals right to an opinion which we are all entitled to have as long as he was not advocating violence or intimidation.

Ahhhh yes because segregation in the past was something everyone was happy with.... why didn't we see it before! No one has ever felt threatened by apartheid. We should separate all the asians, blacks, hispanics, whites and native americans from each other! Racism solved! (/s)

You have the right to an opinion... but that opinion is hilariously stupid and misinformed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh yes because segregation in the past was something everyone was happy with.... why didn't we see it before! No one has ever felt threatened by apartheid. We should separate all the asians, blacks, hispanics, whites and native americans from each other! Racism solved! (/s)

You have the right to an opinion... but that opinion is hilariously stupid and misinformed
I agree and I find the individual and his opinion morally reprehensible 100%, but again the individual has the right to that opinion and the right to form ones own opinion is worth defending any day for if we lose that right there will be no stopping what follows.

I agree and I find the individual and his opinion morally reprehensible 100%, but again the individual has the right to that opinion and the right to form ones own opinion is worth defending any day for if we lose that right there will be no stopping what follows.

Ahhhhh we should segregate the air traffic controllers who believe in segregation into the Sun, that's my morally reprehensible opinion and it is worth defending ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom