Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they’re just going through whatever channels they can. If a group of people feel intimated or threatened at work by an individual, it has some sort of merit, maybe?
You really can’t feel threatened by someone because they exist. Unless they do something to you specifically, that’s just feels bullshit. Speech does not equal violence, although that’s the go-to verbiage for claiming victimhood these days. If you don’t like what someone says on their personal Facebook, unfriend and block. FAA day 1: you don’t have to like everyone you work with, but you have to be professional. You can believe whatever you want, as long as it doesn’t affect your work Performance or professional interactions.

You don’t want the government to dictate what opinions are and are not able to held by their employees. The slippery slope is a real thing. Hate speech, as reprehensible as it may be, has been upheld to be constitutionally protected free speech. Every single power and authority granted, ceded or taken by the government has been abused at some point, at least once. It’s great when they oppress people you don’t like, but it will come back to you eventually.

Our facility is going ahead with the Zoom meetings... and realized 3 days in that they are already almost out of material to cover. Someone proposed doing eLMS as a group and I'm pretty sure the collective hated them to death.
That’s burned at the stake material..

The zoom “classes” aren’t anything more than glorified babysitting. We’ve literally just gone through previous recurrent PowerPoints the last few days, and added in anecdotal stories. Next week starts the D side classroom material. Everyone in my group is a sector or two away from D2.

That’s burned at the stake material..

The zoom “classes” aren’t anything more than glorified babysitting. We’ve literally just gone through previous recurrent PowerPoints the last few days, and added in anecdotal stories. Next week starts the D side classroom material. Everyone in my group is a sector or two away from D2.
Do yours actually take 4 hours every day?

Do yours actually take 4 hours every day?
This first week has just been an hour, but they’re still getting it all going. Next week, we’re scheduled for 4 hours, but they said we’ll get breaks.

This first week has just been an hour, but they’re still getting it all going. Next week, we’re scheduled for 4 hours, but they said we’ll get breaks.
Man that’s crazy. My buddy today said they literally take attendance and then everybody leaves with how his facility’s doing it. Seems like there really are no standards, just however each facility feels like doing it. I think it’s pretty clear the whole thing is just busy work to try and argue against potential furloughs.

You really can’t feel threatened by someone because they exist. Unless they do something to you specifically, that’s just feels bullshit. Speech does not equal violence, although that’s the go-to verbiage for claiming victimhood these days. If you don’t like what someone says on their personal Facebook, unfriend and block. FAA day 1: you don’t have to like everyone you work with, but you have to be professional. You can believe whatever you want, as long as it doesn’t affect your work Performance or professional interactions.

You don’t want the government to dictate what opinions are and are not able to held by their employees. The slippery slope is a real thing. Hate speech, as reprehensible as it may be, has been upheld to be constitutionally protected free speech. Every single power and authority granted, ceded or taken by the government has been abused at some point, at least once. It’s great when they oppress people you don’t like, but it will come back to you eventually.
Alright, you can be segregated too ;) (This is a joke btw). Like I said before, facebook posts only are a very weak case.

The 1st amendment doesn’t guarantee you the right to a job. Even if you work for the government you being an asshole on your personal time doesn’t protect you. You talk about being professional, can you trust someone who is openly racist to be a professional? Do you think if racist statements came up on a background check of someone trying to get hired to do this job that they would make it through?

Say whatever you want about slippery slopes and not having the government in your business but if you are comfortable posting shit on the internet you should be comfortable having someone in your face about it.

Your life doesn’t exist in silos. You can’t be a shit head at home and not expect it to follow you to work anymore.

Man that’s crazy. My buddy today said they literally take attendance and then everybody leaves with how his facility’s doing it. Seems like there really are no standards, just however each facility feels like doing it. I think it’s pretty clear the whole thing is just busy work to try and argue against potential furloughs.

why am I the only one who gets blasted on here for using the F word?

i have a solution to furloughs ... but some peeps here won’t like it.

I wonder how the furlough call will go with a guy who did 20 years at ZNY and went to some level 6 tower to finish his career and got sent home with 0 certs. “Sorry you’ve been with us for 20 years, we have 2018 hires considered essential but you’re not so bye “

For ours, they talk through the Powerpoints for the Stage 3 classroom stuff, but talk through it at a rate commensurate with the fact that literally everyone they are presenting to has been through it and doesn't need the review, and a lot of the material is pretty irrelevant to a Z with working radar scopes. So very, very quickly.

There's also the .65 test they go through about 25 questions at a time. It's a decent time filler, but running out fast.

And yeah, basically every member of staff is of the opinion that we're only doing this so that we're doing something with the trainees to make it harder for some politician to go "so why are we paying these guys anyway?"

What the heck is happening in this thread, Racism? Zoom classes? Furloughs?

Racism-If you have the faa as your employer you forfeit some freedom of speech as you are now representing it in a public ish forum. The screenshots will probably show #1 tin pusher @ faa and then saying some dumb shit. Also, freedom of speech is fine-a call to action is not. An example is i really hate blah blah versus we should (verb) blah blah

Furloughs-Money printer goes brrr

Zoom-i don't know what that is? a new phone or something?

What are trainees supposed to do if they don’t have access to internet and their contact number is a landline? Is the agency paying for them to get internet or an iPhone 30 (or whatever it is now)?

What are trainees supposed to do if they don’t have access to internet and their contact number is a landline? Is the agency paying for them to get internet or an iPhone 30 (or whatever it is now)?
I’ve known people to try and make the case that the FAA should pay for their cell phone service because we’re required to be recallabe

im trying to make the case (at least on the internet) that the FAA should pay me gas money to commute to work since they reimburse you for taking mass transit to work.
I wonder if someone could make a legitimate argument for it if they carpool with another controller or something.

Alabama students throwing 'COVID parties' to see who gets infected: Officials

Opinion:

there has been nothing worse on this site EVER than the 1st amendment/hate speech/Lets get someone fired for Facebook takes and debates. Whoever is advocating for someone to be fired and using this forum to perpetuate that by hinting at bullshit and EEOs and secret plots n plans to destroy ppl, should be banned for life on here. MJ i dont think its a great leap to say you could end end up subpoenaed and being deposed if these ppl actually succeed in destroying someones life or otherwise painting them in some kind of false light (we don't know because we don't know the accusation, just rolling poisonous allegations and veiled ominious proclamations). that's way next level than your average ham n egg Trump/Ncept/Hiring/hardships/ATC meat n potatos normy thread. next level assholes. don't @ me dont care how much u wanna troll me or call me "the worst of the worst" ppl w 2 posts chiming in saying "that guy is soooo stupid he rolls out of bed dumb hehehehe" that's fine maybe I am. dont care. its just ATC not ruining mofos lives. this Covid era has jumped the shark hard. somewhere along the way these convos took a dark turn. good thing im not king! MJ #1349 Stinger ZP

roll tide!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom