Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhh we should segregate the air traffic controllers who believe in segregation into the Sun, that's my morally reprehensible opinion and it is worth defending ;)

I hope the EEO lawsuit that the AA ATCs are forming destroy this guy.
Devils advocate here, and please do not mistake me for defending that one individual's opinion, but if he was advocating for it solely on his Facebook page how can they file an EEO (assuming he has not stated that he is a Federal employee on Facebook) or openly advocating it in operating corridors?

Just talked to a friend of mine who started the Zoom stuff a week ago at a Z, said they basically take attendance and that’s it. He was on the floor though so maybe it’s different for people who need academics.
On the floor as in D side trainee or R?

Ahhhhh we should segregate the air traffic controllers who believe in segregation into the Sun, that's my morally reprehensible opinion and it is worth defending ;)
There's a big difference between defending an opinion and defending the right to have one's own opinion. There's also a big difference between disagreeing with an opinion vs not allowing someone to have a different opinion than you.

Devils advocate here, and please do not mistake me for defending that one individual's opinion, but if he was advocating for it solely on his Facebook page how can they file an EEO (assuming he has not stated that he is a Federal employee on Facebook)?
I think they’re just going through whatever channels they can. If a group of people feel intimated or threatened at work by an individual, it has some sort of merit, maybe?

I think they’re just going through whatever channels they can. If a group of people feel *intimidate * or threatened at work by an individual, it has some sort of merit, maybe?
That is what I was pondering as well, but again I am just an armchair Lawyer with zero knowledge XD

There's a big difference between defending an opinion and defending the right to have one's own opinion. There's also a big difference between disagreeing with an opinion vs not allowing someone to have a different opinion than you.

There is a difference, that is true. Here's my opinion that I have a right to:

My "different opinion" is that this guy should be fired and never work in any kind of government position again because his views are antithetical to American values. His values literally go against: American views (all men created equal?), American court rulings (Brown vs BOE) and American people (African Americans).
I never said he wasn't entitled to his opinion.
I'm saying it's a stupid opinion.

Like having a guy who supports the Russian government over the U.S. working as a politician. Would you want that?
I have a different opinion from this guy, I also believe this guy should be punished for his different opinion. He has a right to say it, and by the grace of God he will be punished for it! There you go!

There is a difference, that is true.

My "different opinion" is that this guy should be fired and never work in any kind of government position again because his views are antithetical to American values. His values literally go against: American views, American court rulings (Brown vs BOE) and American people (African Americans).
I never said he wasn't entitled to his opinion. I'm saying it's a stupid opinion.
I completely understand where you are coming from and I agree to a point, but again wanting to fire someone because of his values (which I think we all agree are absolutely abhorrent) is still wrong. The important question to ask is, are the individual's views/values impeding or influencing his ability to service traffic on a first come/first serve basis in a safe/orderly/expeditious manner? If they do, then a process should be started against the individual to hold him accountable for his actions and declination of service based off his personal views/values.

I completely understand where you are coming from and I agree to a point, but again wanting to fire someone because of his values (which I think we all agree are absolutely abhorrent) is still wrong. Do the individuals views/values impede or influence his ability to service traffic on a first come/first serve basis in a safe/orderly/expeditious manner? If they do, then a process should be started against the individual to hold him accountable for his actions and declination of service based off his personal views/values.

You literally take a pledge the first day of onboarding to " defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic "
I would know, I'm a trainee ;). Doesn't matter how well you do your job if you're literally against American values.

Frankly, I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T affect the African American controllers' ability to work/service traffic at the facility he works at. I believe that will be the base case of the EEO.

Who wants to work with a guy that believes your ethnicity should live in a separate society? I'd try not to spit in the guy's coffee every time I saw him.

It'd be difficult to maintain professionalism if this guy is as openly racist as his Facebook posts. And if there's legal action being taken , they probably have more than just Facebook posts and have occurrences in the workplace where they were discriminated against by this guy.

You literally take a pledge the first day of onboarding to " defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic "
I would know, I'm a trainee ;)

Frankly, I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T affect the African American controllers' ability to work/service traffic at the facility he works at. I believe that will be the base case of the EEO.

Who wants to work with a guy that believes your ethnicity should live in a separate society? I'd try not to spit in the guy's coffee every time I saw him.
Keep in mind that my intention is not to troll or anger you or defend this person, merely playing devils advocate. Are we classifying this individual as a enemy, foreign or domestic for merely disagreeing with the law? So far all (based off what we know, keep that in mind) is that he has publicly voiced support for segregation on Facebook and not in the operation or in a Federal facility. I realise I am making some assumptions here but no one has stated otherwise.

Keep in mind that my intention is not to troll or anger you or defend this person, merely playing devils advocate. Are we classifying this individual as a enemy, foreign or domestic for merely disagreeing with the law? So far all (based off what we know, keep that in mind) is that he has publicly voiced support for segregation on Facebook and not in the operation or in a Federal facility. I realise I am making some assumptions here but no one has stated otherwise.
We'll see when the EEO complaint comes out. Everything we talk about is just hypothetical (Ben Shapiro intro)

I think there's more to stand on than FB posts if there's actual legal action being filed.

No trolling intended (or taken) lol, we're literally just talking about what's going to happen to this guy.

Just keep your radical opinions to yourself ;) vaccines should be organic

Inevitably, I am curious just from a legal standpoint tbh. Appreciate you keeping the discussion logical :)
As for classifying someone an enemy... a lot of people disagree with US laws, some break them overtly, some covertly. This is more in the category of covertly (to me), but it's up to the judge to decide. Like I said, I was only posting my "different opinion" ;) PushingTin does it daily!

From what I understand USCIS is funded entirely by fees. The FAA has the Aviation Trust Fund, and last year a big legislative push was to make it so the ATF can fund us during a shutdown. But as it stands, the FAA is funded by normal appropriated money from Congress, and as a side detail sends enough money to the general fund from the ATF that it comes out to nearly if not entirely cost-neutral.

Which is to say, our situation is not like their situation, despite the fact that the ATF is in a sorry state due to reduced fuel and passenger fees.
I never had the funding for the FAA explained to me so I actually appreciate that. I was just trolling and really wanted to get mnsalty wound up

What about Carol Baskin

she moved to St Louis breh ?

Carole.jpg

Like I said, I was only posting my "different opinion" ;) PushingTin does it daily!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom