Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of an off question, curious what kind of vehicles the CPC's on here drive? When I showed up to my Z where CPC's make well over 100k/yr I expected to see more luxury/high end vehicles. Obviously not everyone in the building is a CPC, and not everyone on here is at a Z, but the parking lot just didn't match with my assumptions. Clearly there is nothing wrong with driving any vehicle of your choosing, nor does everyone care about driving a "fancy" vehicle and maybe I am willing to spend more than others on a depreciating object than others.
2014 Subaru Outback. No one really drives anything fancy at my facility. Most expensive car is probably a decked out wrangler.

2014 Subaru Outback. No one really drives anything fancy at my facility. Most expensive car is probably a decked out wrangler.

Those wranglers are not cheap especially when you start adding all the shit that makes them nice. I want one but cant stomach the price

Bit of an off question, curious what kind of vehicles the CPC's on here drive? When I showed up to my Z where CPC's make well over 100k/yr I expected to see more luxury/high end vehicles. Obviously not everyone in the building is a CPC, and not everyone on here is at a Z, but the parking lot just didn't match with my assumptions. Clearly there is nothing wrong with driving any vehicle of your choosing, nor does everyone care about driving a "fancy" vehicle and maybe I am willing to spend more than others on a depreciating object than others.
2015 Suburban with 136k on it and a 2015 Honda Odyssey with 178k. We had the Honda and a 2013 Passat TDI that I sold back to VW and used the blood money they gave me to put down on the Suburban. Both are paid off so won’t be buying anything else until 1 of them explodes.
Fun fact: Guess which one I’ve dropped over 10k in repairs on?

Lmao is that a thing?
Yes. Yes it is.

I drive an 08 Chevy shortwide and a 12 grand cherokee. Rather spend my money on vacations and hobbies than depreciating status symbols I spend 45 minutes to an hour a day in.

2015 Suburban with 136k on it and a 2015 Honda Odyssey with 178k. We had the Honda and a 2013 Passat TDI that I sold back to VW and used the blood money they gave me to put down on the Suburban. Both are paid off so won’t be buying anything else until 1 of them explodes.
Fun fact: Guess which one I’ve dropped over 10k in repairs on?
I'm gonna go with the Suburban, replaced transmission, rear diff, and head gasket? But the mere fact you asked makes me think you did it to the Honda... say it ain't so

Those wranglers are not cheap especially when you start adding all the shit that makes them nice. I want one but cant stomach the price
I know I used to drive one. Wranglers are like boats with wheels.

I'm gonna go with the Suburban, replaced transmission, rear diff, and head gasket? But the mere fact you asked makes me think you did it to the Honda... say it ain't so
Yeah it seems like a trick question. I had a suburban though and it went through 3 fuel pumps and a rear diff. Ended up pick a parting a full rear axle and replacing it, then that one almost blew up but I sold it before it did haha.

2011 Chevy Cruze with zero pickup lol. I'll be upgrading to the Cyber Truck when it comes out,
crosses off all my requirements.

Suburban. Transmission, fuel injectors, A/C condenser, vacuum pump off the top of my head.

2011 Chevy Cruze with zero pickup lol. I'll be upgrading to the Cyber Truck when it comes out,
Man the cyber truck seems like it’s cool but its so ugly. It looks like it was rendered to be in a Play Station 1 game.

I'm on the list too. I can stomach the payments on it for no gas and little maintence when you also consider the specs. I don't know if I'll end up actually getting one right away, but ya.

I'm on the list too. I can stomach the payments on it for no gas and little maintence when you also consider the specs. I don't know if I'll end up actually getting one right away, but ya.
LOL at no maintenance in Tesla’s. Those things have so many warranty claims

A lot of those trucks are 60k+
Yea, I get that. Most of the cars are honda/toyota/nissan mid level sedans. There are a few Tesla's or lexus and acuras.
I have luxury car just because i had to do it once. Ill be switching to a corolla when the lease ends.
As mentioned above, a lot of those at our facility too.

I just plan on getting something that will be driven til the wheels fall off.

LOL at no maintenance in Tesla’s. Those things have so many warranty claims
No oil changes, air or fuel filters, spark plugs, other associated tune up costs. Seems your only actual maintenence costs are tires and brakes.

If it's under warranty I'm not too concerned. Can't be worse than my grand cherokee. Biggest hunk of shit vehicle I've ever owned. I'll never buy another jeep product. I've had others in the past but seems like they've really gone downhill the last 15 years or so.

No oil changes, air or fuel filters, spark plugs, other associated tune up costs. Seems your only actual maintenence costs are tires and brakes.

If it's under warranty I'm not too concerned. Can't be worse than my grand cherokee. Biggest hunk of shit vehicle I've ever owned. I'll never buy another jeep product. I've had others in the past but seems like they've really gone downhill the last 15 years or so.
Go look up one of those Tesla wheels. I want one too but fuck the maintenance for simple things is steep.

Go look up one of those Tesla wheels. I want one too but fuck the maintenance for simple things is steep.
There are quality control issues, that much is fact, but not having to pay gas/standard mx costs/ all equate to a win for me. My Cruze has been in the shop 7+ times in the last 5 years. I can stomach the cost of stopping 20 minutes at a super charger as I do my business/grab food/ or close my eyes for a quick nap. The odds of something not related to quality control issues going wrong are very small indeed. Will it take time for the design to mature and the kinks worked out? Absolutely, but the positives out weigh the negatives for me especially with a service centre so close in Brentwood.

There are quality control issues, that much is fact, but not having to pay gas/standard mx costs/ all equate to a win for me. My Cruze has been in the shop 7+ times in the last 5 years. I can stomach the cost of stopping 20 minutes at a super charger as I do my business/grab food/ or close my eyes for a quick nap. The odds of something not related to quality control issues going wrong are very small indeed. Will it take time for the design to mature and the kinks worked out? Absolutely, but the positives out weigh the negatives for me especially with a service centre so close in Brentwood.
It’s just crazy the down time you can have if there’s a major issue. And there’s not many independent shops. I don’t know if I can get one yet with the stories I’ve read. That new mustang tho... at least Ford can give me a loaner car. There’s also no Tesla center near me.

I’ve been looking at the hyundai plug in hybrid, all electric range of 28 miles or like 600 combined. Round trip commute to work on electric would be cool.

Depends on where you live I guess. I’ve seen probably close to 10-15 Tesla’s here, new corvette’s, seen some really nice older cars too. Like 68 mustang completely redone. Gorgeous machine.

I’ve been looking at the hyundai plug in hybrid, all electric range of 28 miles or like 600 combined. Round trip commute to work on electric would be cool.

I've been looking at that too (the tax rebate would nearly wipe out my income tax liability for a year) but apparently they're only sold in certain states. I'd probably have to get one shipped to me, if that's even possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom