Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m more interested in gaping criteria.

edit: upon further review, I was not first to this thought. Credit Horny4Vectors
Yer still my favorite

Listened in on the Eastern Region Telcon with Rich ? The FAA is going to use guidelines set by Johnny Hopkins. They have a nifty page that shows each county in the country (spoiler:there’s a lot). Basically if the county your facility is located in can stay yellow or green (improving or good) for 14 consecutive days, then NATCA and management at the local level will discuss bringing people back in and resuming training. However, if the magic page turns orange or red, back home you go.
It was brought up that a decent percentage of people don’t live in the county their facility is located in. They took this into consideration, but can’t encompass everyone, so they’re sticking with the facility itself.
It was also asked about the end of the fiscal year coming next month. All contacts on the Hill have told NATCA legislation people a CR will be offered and more than likely (as of right now) be uncontested. The general feeling is no one wants to shut the government down in the middle of a pandemic, but as someone so eloquently put it on the call, this Congress can fuck up a free lunch like no other.
Use or Lose: Tough titties.Unless the Agency * repeatedly * denies your spot leave requests.

I love you all.

The FAA is going to use guidelines set by Johnny Hopkins. They have a nifty page that shows each county in the country (spoiler:there’s a lot). Basically if the county your facility is located in can stay yellow or green (improving or good) for 14 consecutive days, then NATCA and management at the local level will discuss bringing people back in and resuming training. However, if the magic page turns orange or red, back home you go.

Do you have a link for the specific page? There are lots of graphics for cases by pop, raw cases, deaths, etc but I don't see one with green/yellow/red "overall trend" like CovidActNow has.

Do you have a link for the specific page? There are lots of graphics for cases by pop, raw cases, deaths, etc but I don't see one with green/yellow/red "overall trend" like CovidActNow has.
This is the only page I can find with any greenish colors to it... Then again, if you look at their other map, many major cities and suburbs are dark red...
Example: Iowa is red and was reporting 1,526 cases on 8/26. South Dakota is red and reported 267 cases. Georgia is light green and reported 2,274. Florida is light green and reported 3,054.

Last edited:
Topic change alert:

Anyone got any good recommendations for a gun safe? Trying to get a good sized 20 or 30 gun jawny for around $1000...Costco is selling a 16cu ft Stack-On which seems like a great deal but digging into the hundreds of reviews (3.8 stars overall) there's a fuck ton of 1 star reviews of people saying the electronic locks aren't worth a shit, which is a big no-no when I'm trying to strap up and smoke some sk8r b0is that run up on my front lawn trying to steal my healthcare.

Listened in on the Eastern Region Telcon with Rich ? The FAA is going to use guidelines set by Johnny Hopkins. They have a nifty page that shows each county in the country (spoiler:there’s a lot). Basically if the county your facility is located in can stay yellow or green (improving or good) for 14 consecutive days, then NATCA and management at the local level will discuss bringing people back in and resuming training. However, if the magic page turns orange or red, back home you go.
It was brought up that a decent percentage of people don’t live in the county their facility is located in. They took this into consideration, but can’t encompass everyone, so they’re sticking with the facility itself.
It was also asked about the end of the fiscal year coming next month. All contacts on the Hill have told NATCA legislation people a CR will be offered and more than likely (as of right now) be uncontested. The general feeling is no one wants to shut the government down in the middle of a pandemic, but as someone so eloquently put it on the call, this Congress can fuck up a free lunch like no other.
Use or Lose: Tough titties.Unless the Agency * repeatedly * denies your spot leave requests.

I love you all.

I love you too brother, anything on the Excused Absence portion? My Intel suggests that we were not mentioned in any of the discussions on bringing people back.

I love you too brother, anything on the Excused Absence portion? My Intel suggests that we were not mentioned in any of the discussions on bringing people back.

That horny post a couple pages back included mention of High Risk people. But not sure how official that is.

I can’t find out what fugging color my county is. Also my training a manger said he didn’t know shit about fuck about this John Hopkins plan.

I can’t find out what fugging color my county is. Also my training a manger said he didn’t know shit about fuck about this John Hopkins plan.
Horny was just playing man, there is no true update or John’s Hopkins based strategy, he just wanted to drop a fake story to get everyone’s blood pressure up for the weekend, help encourage us to all keep drinking heavily even though we are a few more months into the “pandemic”.

Horny was just playing man, there is no true update or John’s Hopkins based strategy, he just wanted to drop a fake story to get everyone’s blood pressure up for the weekend, help encourage us to all keep drinking heavily even though we are a few more months into the “pandemic”.
Oh

Topic change alert:

Anyone got any good recommendations for a gun safe? Trying to get a good sized 20 or 30 gun jawny for around $1000...Costco is selling a 16cu ft Stack-On which seems like a great deal but digging into the hundreds of reviews (3.8 stars overall) there's a fuck ton of 1 star reviews of people saying the electronic locks aren't worth a shit, which is a big no-no when I'm trying to strap up and smoke some sk8r b0is that run up on my front lawn trying to steal my healthcare.
Those really aren't considered safes, more like gun cabinets.

At minimum I would look at a liberty colonial 30, which would start around $1500.

"Safes" really aren't theft proof though, you give a criminal 5 mins and a portable angle grinder and he will cut the side of the safe out and steal your stuff

"Safes" really aren't theft proof though, you give a criminal 5 mins and a portable angle grinder and he will cut the side of the safe out and steal your stuff
True that. Idk where all their weight comes from, it's like they just throw lead in the bottom to make it heavy so you think you're getting your money's worth. I saw a video where some dude was slapping on the side of a safe with a glass of water on top and it was jumping all over the place, no reason that should happen if the thing is actually sturdy as shit.

I got my eyes on a Steelwater, 20 gun with 12cu ft inside is like $1000 delivered...12ga steel and bio lock, pre-fit with LED lights and shit. I figure if the manufacturer isnt listing the thickness of the steel they're putting into it on their website, it's probably for a reason.

I live in a super safe neighborhood with an alarm system, so paying $3000 for a Liberty would probably be overkill, but I'll keep an eye out for some sales.

100% this... douche move for sure but fake

Topic change alert:

I would have a long term safe (big heavy 40 gun fireproof) and a quick access safe (bolt into the bedroom closet). Leave the hunting rifles/fun guns locked away for the season and get a SIMPLEX style lock for quick and quiet access (Rifle Case-Home Defense Rifle Safe - V-Line)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom