Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's voting for Biden, so I would question his description as "pro-gun." Note how I said "some" people too.

When people make claims and don't reply to arguments (often sourced) refuting those claims, they're backed in a corner and would rather slip through the wall and ignore the refutation than engage in debate. It's kind of funny to watch.

Someone more pro-gun than me? That's laughable. Nothing against Nhstadt though (besides the Biden vote), we were in RTF together back in the day.

You weren't "some people," clearly, and you didn't see my post refuting my label as a Republican a page or so back...? Sigh.
I‘m pro gun and I voted for Biden. It’s not close to the most important issues in this election.

Then again I don‘t fetishize weapons that look like weapons I used to use for work. Just not necessary for me, but to each their own.

I‘m pro gun and I voted for Biden. It’s not close to the most important issues in this election.

Then again I don‘t fetishize weapons that look like weapons I used to use for work. Just not necessary for me, but to each their own.

Out of curiosity what did you do in the military?

Out of curiosity what did you do in the military?
Idk about him, but I was a recovery operator in the Marine Corps, two trips to Afghanistan in 2009 and 2010. I would absolutely much rather have the M4 I carried than most things available. The M9 is a piece of wobbly shit. I would do just about anything to get my hands on an M2 or M240.

Mostly because I'm highly familiar with these weapons as I have dumped tens of thousands of rounds through them on the regular after 8 years in. Familiarity is important in handling weapons.

I agree people probably shouldn't have MK19s, mostly because of the amount of lube they require to function properly, secondly because it's a fully automatic 40mm grenade launcher that reaches out to a mile and some...so yeah.

Idk about him, but I was a recovery operator in the Marine Corps, two trips to Afghanistan in 2009 and 2010. I would absolutely much rather have the M4 I carried than most things available. The M9 is a piece of wobbly shit. I would do just about anything to get my hands on an M2 or M240.

Mostly because I'm highly familiar with these weapons as I have dumped tens of thousands of rounds through them on the regular after 8 years in. Familiarity is important in handling weapons.

I agree people probably shouldn't have MK19s, mostly because of the amount of lube they require to function properly, secondly because it's a fully automatic 40mm grenade launcher that reaches out to a mile and some...so yeah.
The military m9s were all clapped out pieces of trash, I don't think they were intended to have the crazy high round count some of them get without full rebuilds. Berretta 92 in general is a pretty good gun though. I don't own one but I want to eventually, it's just far down the list.

M2 is probably one of my favorite things I've ever fired, next to maybe an mp5 or an mg42. Got to play around with both of those at a machine gun shoot earlier this year. Loads of fun. The 42 is insanity mode and the mp5 is just so damn smooth.

I’d have to agree on the m4. Might as well been another arm for me. Oh the 240...that sweet lady will always have a special place in my heart. I was never in a weapons squad but man I loved to shoot it. I actually never minded the M9. I carried one in Iraq and got fairly proficient at it.

Familiarity is very important for sure. It always surprises me when people have guns for self defense but never practice or have any training.

This post violates site guidelines and has been edited.
View attachment 4937
I’m also sick of the gun conversation
Lol is that a real Garrison cartoon? That has to be an edit, right?

Pelosi doesn’t want a Covid relief bill, plain and simple. Also accusing Wolf Blizter to be a Republican apologist was hysterical.
McConnell and his Senate cronies think it's more important to push through unqualified judge after unqualified judge, culminating in a far-right anti-worker anti-woman religious nutjob, instead of negotiating with the House on their relief bills—and this is what you focus on?

Last edited by a moderator:
no idea lol but I laughed my ass off when I noticed the foot long. This isn’t really up garrisons alley so I’m guessing it’s a fake.

McConnell and his Senate cronies think it's more important to push through unqualified judge after unqualified judge, culminating in a far-right anti-worker anti-woman religious nutjob, instead of negotiating with the House on their relief bills—and this is what you focus on?
How is ACB unqualified? Cause she has different legal beliefs than liberals? Her interpretation of the constitution is more black and white? She's just as qualified and capable as Garland. They both should be in there. Hell, even the beer loving assaulter is qualified. Just not deserving.

Don’t get it twisted; both parties are holding back relief. Republicans want to keep their fiscal conservative base for their races in two years, and democrats think they’ll get a better deal from Biden post-election. Both are happy to hold the economy hostage for it.

How is ACB unqualified? Cause she has different legal beliefs than liberals? Her interpretation of the constitution is more black and white? She's just as qualified and capable as Garland. They both should be in there. Hell, even the beer loving assaulter is qualified. Just not deserving.
F539C0B5-1CB4-4CE2-9DEC-161289DFC2FB.gif
Evergreen gif

Wonder who the 4 justices Biden adds in 2021 gonna be.

McConnell put all the oil on the slope
Pretty easy argument to make that Biden did actually. It was the Biden rule that got Garland. Not saying there isn't a crap ton of hypocrisy in the whole situation but that is where it actually started. Take a small step off the lib pedestal and pass blame to EVERYONE that deserves it starting with your pres to be.

Objectively she is unqualified based on experience. She worked as a lawyer for three years at the turn of the century and has been a judge for only three years, since October 2017. The rest of her career has been teaching. Compare to Ruth Bader Ginsburg, for example, who spoke before the Supreme Court several times over seven years before being appointed to DC court of appeals and served there for thirteen years before joining the Supreme Court.

And then she claims she can't answer simple questions about the Constitution:

And used the inaccurate and offensive term "sexual preference" instead of "sexual orientation":

So yeah. I feel okay calling her unqualified and wanting the Biden administration to pack the Supreme Court. McConnell has already been packing the lower courts for years by refusing to hold hearings for Obama's picks and then ramming through literally hundreds of Trump appointees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom