Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smug repubs perhaps... but it seems like the left has far more invested into it than should be normal. Can't tell you how many times I've heard "this election is for your life" or "this election will shape American history forever" like damn relax
Eh, pretty sure they were like that last time.

How is it an ethics thing to use a valid government ID as a form of.... ID?

Genuinely curious.
I was under the impression your piv was only for work, not for travel or other id because people will treat you different or something along those lines.

I still do it because I don’t want to carry my work ID with me but I’ve also used it to get through security when I packed my wallet.
I use my PIV specifically to pick up loose sluts at the local watering hole... now you're telling me it's a valid form of ID this is like Christmas

I use my PIV specifically to pick up loose sluts at the local watering hole... now you're telling me it's a valid form of ID this is like Christmas
And I'm not including Nhstadts mom in that generalization she is a classy lady

Do that and eliminate the two party system.
Don't think it would be feasible to mandate "you must now create an additional party" but I think two things would really help: 1) moving to a more parliamentary version of Congress, or at least the House of Representatives, so people have to work together more and 2) making ranked-choice voting the standard for all levels of elections across the country.

What you drinking tonight lol
Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Don't think it would be feasible to mandate "you must now create an additional party" but I think two things would really help: 1) moving to a more parliamentary version of Congress, or at least the House of Representatives, so people have to work together more and 2) making ranked-choice voting the standard for all levels of elections across the country.
Forget about mandating party numbers or whatnot. In many states, it's very difficult to even get on the ballot for statewide office because that's the way the current major parties like it. Your two suggestions would probably be the only way to build up legitimate alternatives to what we have now.

Oh no you misunderstand. Im not saying add a party, I'm saying expressly prohibit politicians from labeling themselves as such, having any sort of party attached to thier name, or represented in a ballot with a D or R next to thier name.

Just do away with mass platforms and having to pigeonhole voters and values according to some bullshit adherence to "the party", whatever that may be.

Oh no you misunderstand. Im not saying add a party, I'm saying expressly prohibit politicians from labeling themselves as such, having any sort of party attached to thier name, or represented in a ballot with a D or R next to thier name.

Just do away with mass platforms and having to pigeonhole voters and values according to some bullshit adherence to "the party", whatever that may be.
This this this. We have a city councilmen in my city that everyone loves Ds and Rs and guess what? Council members are nonpartisan and he just runs a platform that’s good for the city. Not saying national politics translates the same but when you’re forced to look at the issues it makes you decide on the person and not the letter next to their name.

Hey according to this thread we gonna be living in Afghanistan by COB on the 4th, and if that's the case I want a 30 rack of key light and 5 sex grade chickens of gently used condition or better as a dowry.
What in the flying cluck is a sex grade chicken????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom