Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh are we back on the sleepy joe storyline? I thought he was a criminal mastermind along with his son last week? The sleepy insult has been my favorite thing out of this election cycle especially after debates and town halls. “Look at me I analyze every time Biden misspeaks but ignore all the dumb shit Trump says!! Haha sLeEpY JoE BrO.”

I wonder if joe just calls trump in election night and tells him he won’t prosecute him if he just fucks off

it's shit like this that convinces me yall are in a cult and give zero fucks about America.

That's not normal.
The whole “I’m gonna do everything I can to make sure areas with more dems have a harder time voting” is what gets me. If your brand of politics is so superior then everyone should vote for it and you don’t have to suppress votes.

I work a swing so I’ll have to catch updates on breaks or ask the pilots when they push lol. (I work do that). Guessing nothing will be known until the next day or two anyway.
My first day back is the Tuesday night mid!! Gonna be crazy.

I wonder if joe just calls trump in election night and tells him he won’t prosecute him if he just fucks off
Sadly, a deal will be made because if you are a specific type of person you don't have to face consequences in this country, and we are "going to need a time of national healing and solidarity".

I'd bank on Trump being a free man for the rest of his days and having zero consequences for the clusterfuck of the last 4 years, or anything he's ever done, and we will be rinsing and repeating in 2024 with a more competent piece of filth.

The whole “I’m gonna do everything I can to make sure areas with more dems have a harder time voting” is what gets me. If your brand of politics is so superior then everyone should vote for it and you don’t have to suppress votes.
Here in Texas they limited to one ballot drop off per county. Harris county in Houston has 4.7 million people, another county in West Texas has 170 people. And just today a group of GOP are trying to get judges to throw out 100,000 ballots casted through drive thru in Harris County (Houston) even tho their previous attempts to block drive thru was shot down.

Sadly, a deal will be made because if you are a specific type of person you don't have to face consequences in this country, and we are "going to need a time of national healing and solidarity".

I'd bank on Trump being a free man for the rest of his days and having zero consequences for the clusterfuck of the last 4 years, or anything he's ever done, and we will be rinsing and repeating in 2024 with a more competent piece of filth.
I’d love to see him in jail. But i also think we need to move on as cliche as it sounds. I don’t want Congress bogged down with Benghazi type hearings.

New York State tho. Have at it.

Here in Texas they limited to one ballot drop off per county. Harris county in Houston has 4.7 million people, another county in West Texas has 170 people. And just today a group of GOP are trying to get judges to throw out 100,000 ballots casted through drive thru in Harris County (Houston) even tho their previous attempts to block drive thru was shot down.
Wife and I tried to go early vote the other day just to avoid election day madness. My county (small compared to Houston by an order of magnitude) also has 1 site for the whole county. The line was 4.5 hours. We had our newborn with us, so that was obviously a no go, so we will be going separately on the 3rd more than likely. Kinda sucks because it's my wife's first time to be able to vote as a newly minted citizen and she wanted to share the moment with me.

Couldn't imagine what 1 per county is like in like what the fifth largest city in America?

I’d love to see him in jail. But i also think we need to move on as cliche as it sounds. I don’t want Congress bogged down with Benghazi type hearings.

Nah screw that. People need to face consequences for their actions.

once he’s out of office Congress has fuck all to do with any Federal criminal charges brought against him.

Wtf does that even mean? Elections are certified by each state before the electoral college votes. Period.

people have been voting by mail from around the world for decades. Why is this such a problem now?
Can you list any other country examples who wait around a week to certify election results because some person sent in their mail in ballot on the day designated for election? I sure don’t know of any. The whole point of an “absentee ballot” is just that: You’re going to be “absent” on Election Day, so you would like to cast your vote ahead of time, but it should be on *you* to ensure that it would be counted on the day your entire country is scheduled to vote, and putting it in the mail the literal day of election isn’t doing that.

it was never designed to announce the new president at 8:01pm Election Day.

It was never designed to wait to announce results until November 15th to ensure someone who mailed their absentee ballot while they were traveling in the Himalayas on November 3rd, either. Counting can take a few days, but the deadline for receiving votes should be election day.
Yes, postmarked by election day, meaning they have the same amount of time to vote and make thier decision as everyone else, and it's particularly important for people who live way off in the middle of nowhere, like ya know on a Navajo reservation in the middle of Arizona.
So, this goes against your post, where you said this was about being counted and not being turned in? I’m confused.
Funny how you are so about liberty on one particular issue, yet a right that's every bit as important, if not more so it's like eh, whatever. Like what's next? You okay with soldiers being boarded in your home as long as you get to play with thier 240B for a bit?
I’m consistent about established rules in a good system being followed. I don’t see how this is a contradiction with any other stances I hold.

I mean shit not allowing the people to have a say is pretty authoritarian. You think any authoritarian is gonna let you or anyone else keep thier guns?

It’s a stretch Armstrong’s reach to equate “Your ballot must be received by 11:59pm on Election Day” to “You’re an authoritarian who doesn’t want people to have their say.” Jeez.

[edit] I did a little research for you:

“ For the vote to be counted, it must reach the returning officer/polling station by the close of poll (usually 10 p.m. on polling day).”

Is it really that unreasonable to you?

Last edited:
Can you list any other country examples who wait around a week to certify election results because some person sent in their mail in ballot on the day designated for election? I sure don’t know of any. The whole point of an “absentee ballot” is just that: You’re going to be “absent” on Election Day, so you would like to cast your vote ahead of time, but it should be on *you* to ensure that it would be counted on the day your entire country is scheduled to vote, and putting it in the mail the literal day of election isn’t doing that.

It was never designed to wait to announce results until November 15th to ensure someone who mailed their absentee ballot while they were traveling in the Himalayas on November 3rd, either. Counting can take a few days, but the deadline for receiving votes should be election day.

So, this goes against your post, where you said this was about being counted and not being turned in? I’m confused.

I’m consistent about established rules in a good system being followed. I don’t see how this is a contradiction with any other stances I hold.

It’s a stretch Armstrong’s reach to equate “Your ballot must be received by 11:59pm on Election Day” to “You’re an authoritarian who doesn’t want people to have their say.” Jeez.
Other countries don’t have 50 separate elections and an electoral college. So if you wanna go to a popular vote we can change it.

1) I don't pretend to be an expert on the electoral systems of other countries. I can however, say that many other countries have done a much better job of updating thier systems to the day and age we live in, which we fail to do. Hell it's the first Tuesday of the month of November because of antiquated ideas about when the most people would be in town selling crops after market Monday to vote.

electronic voting or Internet voting have taken place in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Estonia, France, Germany, India,. Italy, Namibia, the Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Switzerland, the UK, Venezuela,and the Philippines, which would render the mail in question moot, but the right time and again has decided more people having easy access to voting is bad for.... Reasons.

And kind of hard to get things in on time when you have a certain someone who was actively working to remove mail sorting machines from post offices for just this reason. Or are we ignoring that too?

2) it's not contradictory in the least bit. If they've handed their ballot to the government entity who is supposed to get it to the election office for counting, it's no different than me walking in on the third, filling out a paper ballot, and handing it to the election official. There's no reason that person should have less time to evaluate candidates and wait for information shortly prior to an election to make a decision than you or I voting on election day if they so choose.

3) the only thing you are consistent on is your ability to be inconsistent if it justifies your worldview. (edit) and I would say our system is far from good, and needs change, and I'm not alone in that view (end edit)

4)im not calling *you* an authoritarian, just saying you are fine with authoritarianism so long as you get your way. Slow erosion of rights or norms doesn't just apply to the second amendment.

Heh. Wasnt this how hunger games ended. The new person in charge said that they would do a ceremonial hunger games for the sake of healing.

:p
I mean real world example would be Nixon, or any of the Bush officials that were responsible for Iraq, or gitmo, or any number of other Washington clusterfuck, but sure ya the hunger games too I guess haha.

Last edited:
I fully intend to avoid downtown PHL as much as I do NYC. I need land and trees and the air not to smell like garbage and urine. Cities are gross and unpleasant.
Yeahhhh I'm living the Country Life now Haha. Just...please dont move to Jersey. You sonofabitch I already know you're gonna live in Cherry Hill

[edit] I did a little research for you:

“ For the vote to be counted, it must reach the returning officer/polling station by the close of poll (usually 10 p.m. on polling day).”

Is it really that unreasonable to you?
Other countries have voting on weekends or they make it a national holiday. Some even make it compulsory. So if you want to do that to make it easier to vote I’m all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom