Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so we've come full circle and are back to "social shaming" now after 8 months of "2 weeks to stop the spread."

Yes, I'll be going to Thanksgiving dinner with my family. We'll all be there voluntarily and no, I won't feel remotely bad about it.

Too bad we're not in China or you could weld the doors to my house shut! Oh wait but Ben Franklin's quote about trading liberty for security isn't actually applicable in this situation.
Oh dude did you see the hasidic wedding that Cuomo is losing his shit over #gold

Oh dude did you see the hasidic wedding that Cuomo is losing his shit over #gold
No I didnt see it but I'll Google it. I saw the video of them rioting en masse a few weeks ago.

My point being that I'm having dinner with maybe 15 close family members. I'm not going to be shoulder-to-shoulder with 35,000 people at a Metallica concert.

We never really shut down the economy.
people love dodging the "at what number" question because it pokes holes in their argument that we need to continue to lock down/shutdown because at some point we need to understand that there is inherent risks in living our lives, and that the choice is a personal one, not a governmental one.

people love dodging the "at what number" question because it pokes holes in their argument that we need to continue to lock down/shutdown because at some point we need to understand that there is inherent risks in living our lives, and that the choice is a personal one, not a governmental one.
It’s a dumb question since we never actually shut down.

but the answer your question until we get a handle on the virus (vaccine) or distancing we need to have some restrictions in place.

but the answer your question until we get a handle on the virus (vaccine) or distancing we need to have some restrictions in place.
AKA until the government tells us that we are safe regardless of the facts, if you are a 25 year old you chances of dying from the corona is 1 in 7,349, a 65 year old 1-in-468, chances of dying of suicide are 1-in-86, car crash 1-in-106, choking on food 1-in-2,618.

At this point we should ban all solid foods for the safety of all citizens. If you are caught selling solid food you should face prison time for endangering others with your reckless behavior.

AKA until the government tells us that we are safe regardless of the facts, if you are a 25 year old you chances of dying from the corona is 1 in 7,349, a 65 year old 1-in-468, chances of dying of suicide are 1-in-86, car crash 1-in-106, choking on food 1-in-2,618.

At this point we should ban all solid foods for the safety of all citizens. If you are caught selling solid food you should face prison time for endangering others with your reckless behavior.
Where did your 1 in 86 for suicide come from? I realize it’s not really germane to your point, I’m just curious because that seems astronomically high compared to what I’ve found

Where did your 1 in 86 for suicide come from? I realize it’s not really germane to your point, I’m just curious because that seems astronomically high compared to what I’ve found

National Safety Council

You guys don’t seem to understand transissions and how inspections disease spreads. Just keep ordering more reefer trucks to El Paso. Everything is fine.

Still they have a choice, morally right or morally wrong they have a choice
Ya you don't have the morally wrong choice to murder someone because you live in what's supposed to be a moral and just society. I mean you do but there's a reason there's punishment for that, as "freeing" as it would be to kill whomever you wanted, for you at least, because it's not very freeing to the persons you are unwillingly affecting.

I reserve my right to be a piece of shit isn't what this country is supposed to be about, and it's a bullshit argument to begin with, and is even worse when it's about something serious like this. It's absolutely mind blowing to me thats how people view this.

If that's how you want to live go move to a lawless shithole.

Ya you don't have the morally wrong choice to murder someone because you live in what's supposed to be a moral and just society. I mean you do but there's a reason there's punishment for that, as "freeing" as it would be to kill whomever you wanted, for you at least, because it's not very freeing to the persons you are unwillingly affecting.

I reserve my right to be a piece of shit isn't what this country is supposed to be about, and it's a bullshit argument to begin with, and is even worse when it's about something serious like this. It's absolutely mind blowing to me thats how people view this.

If that's how you want to live go move to a lawless shithole.
Are you personally pulling the trigger of a gun or driving the car that kills the person? Are you maliciously planning to infect someone? These are very moral questions.

Are you personally pulling the trigger of a gun or driving the car that kills the person? Are you maliciously planning to infect someone? These are very moral questions.
Drunk drivers don't hop behind the wheel intent on killing anyone either. It's still not the right choice to make, and for good reason. There's all kinds of laws and societal norms against negligence that leads to harm of others, I guess none of those matter either?

Drunk drivers don't hop behind the wheel intent on killing anyone either. It's still not the right choice to make, and for good reason. There's all kinds of laws and societal norms against negligence that leads to harm of others, I guess none of those matter either?
Negligent homicide will get you 5-10 years in most states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom