Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed it in this thread, but I recently noticed a one Rich Santa is running for NATCA president. Anyone know anything about this dude? His Facebook appears to be a shrine for cats.......

Anyone know anything about this dude? His Facebook appears to be a shrine for cats.......
Yeah I've had some dealings with him. I'd rather have the voodoo lady from Weekend at Bernie's resurrect Reagan to be our next Union president than vote for Santa Claus.

Fun fact RVPs get a 2k a month differential per the constitution. I wonder if they have been getting that during Covid since they aren't traveling.

I may have missed it in this thread, but I recently noticed a one Rich Santa is running for NATCA president. Anyone know anything about this dude? His Facebook appears to be a shrine for cats.......
Cats like a house cat or the Broadway play/motion picture?

LOL @ all the anti training zealots downvoting the questions about training. How pathetic and self centered must your life be that you don’t even want a question about training being asked?
I think it has more to do with it being pointless to ask. We are where we are and there’s nothing we can do about it now. Once this pandemic is over training is going to be going full speed, there won’t be any reason to stop it or delay anyone any further. Additionally, training is almost entirely the FAAs prerogative so there really isn’t anything union reps or leadership can do to change it other than holding the FAA to the training orders.

If your concern is the financial part of the question I can answer that. They won’t do anything. There is never a promise or official expectation given for how long training will take. If the money you’re making now isn’t sustainable for your situation then you should find another job. Not trying to be an asshole and it sucks what’s happening but that’s just the reality.

So I think people are downvoting them in favor of asking questions we don’t already know the answer to.

LOL @ all the anti training zealots downvoting the questions about training. How pathetic and self centered must your life be that you don’t even want a question about training being asked?
It's not that I'm anti training but some of those issues will resolve itself when training starts back up which IMO will be before the election. Outside of that are y'all looking for NATCA to donate money to help with your financial hardships?

It's not that I'm anti training but some of those issues will resolve itself when training starts back up which IMO will be before the election. Outside of that are y'all looking for NATCA to donate money to help with your financial hardships?
I definitely wouldn’t mind a refund of my dues for the past 9 months.

I agree that training is a top concern but yeah, these guys won’t take office until 2022, by then it will probably be resolved (but lol at all these assholes posting memes that “2021 is right around the corner!”). What the fuck do they expect to be different? At least for the first 6 months of the year or so.

I agree that training is a top concern but yeah, these guys won’t take office until 2022, by then it will probably be resolved (but lol at all these assholes posting memes that “2021 is right around the corner!”). What the fuck do they expect to be different? At least for the first 6 months of the year or so.
I’m not entirely convinced the training issues will be resolved by ‘22, which is why I think asking the candidates questions about it would be useful. Nobody knows how shit’s going to play out at this point. Hell I was told by my ATM and facrep to expect to be back at work “in about a month” when all this started. 9 months later, here we are.

I’m not entirely convinced the training issues will be resolved by ‘22, which is why I think asking the candidates questions about it would be useful. Nobody knows how shit’s going to play out at this point. Hell I was told by my ATM and facrep to expect to be back at work “in about a month” when all this started. 9 months later, here we are.
Probably could have been that way if we didn’t just give up as a country on trying to control the virus.

Some solid points on both sides of the training argument. I don't think it's totally asinine to expect training to be done in a timely manner, covid notwithstanding, which has been a problem for a long time at a lot of facilities even before covid.

In a perfect world I agree some sort of time based financial compensation and/or contractual recourse for trainees to be voluntarily reassigned to a facility with less of a training load if they've gone x months/years without training thru no fault of thier own and just want to advance thier careers at a different facility sounds good, but I have no idea what that would look like in the real world.

Some solid points on both sides of the training argument. I don't think it's totally asinine to expect training to be done in a timely manner, covid notwithstanding, which has been a problem for a long time at a lot of facilities even before covid.

In a perfect world I agree some sort of time based financial compensation and/or contractual recourse for trainees to be voluntarily reassigned to a facility with less of a training load if they've gone x months/years without training thru no fault of thier own and just want to advance thier careers at a different facility sounds good, but I have no idea what that would look like in the real world.
Perfect let’s get some time based entitlement $$ flowing!

Perfect let’s get some time based entitlement $$ flowing!
I don't think it's entitlement mentality to have a reasonable expectation to be able to certify in less time than it'd take someone to get a bachelor's degree at nearly, if not all facilities.

Hell I'm going on 3 years at my mid level up/down now and I'm probably looking at late next year before I get to sniff a chair in the tracon, much less finish, and covid has only contributed to that slightly. I'd definitely say that's not the norm for most similar type and level facilities, and yes, I think natca negotiating an "our bad" bonus, as well as extra incentives for the dudes busting ass to get training done on the CPC side of the house is in order at such facilities.

They did it (are doing it still?) at n90 they can do it for the rest of the NAS too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom