Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's entitlement mentality to have a reasonable expectation to be able to certify in less time than it'd take someone to get a bachelor's degree at nearly, if not all facilities.

Hell I'm going on 3 years at my mid level up/down now and I'm probably looking at late next year before I get to sniff a chair in the tracon, much less finish, and covid has only contributed to that slightly. I'd definitely say that's not the norm for most similar type and level facilities, and yes, I think natca negotiating an "our bad" bonus, as well as extra incentives for the dudes busting ass to get training done on the CPC side of the house is in order at such facilities.

They did it (are doing it still?) at n90 they can do it for the rest of the NAS too.
I’ll agree training needs fixed at a lot of facilities. But you aren’t entitled to shit for compensation ?.

I’ll agree training needs fixed at a lot of facilities. But you aren’t entitled to shit for compensation ?.
You are obviously having a hard time differentiating between someone having a sense of entitlement and someone thinking way out of norm training time frames need to be addressed in some way for those being adversely affected by them,in financial means or otherwise.

I mean hell if the FAA doesn't owe me shit and doesn't need to be held accountable for anything work environment and working condition related, why even have a union?

I don’t even care that it was moved but the snotty comment that went with it? Weirdchamp.
I'm just gonna start phrasing all shit posts in the form of a question.

downloadfile-2.gif

You are obviously having a hard time differentiating between someone having a sense of entitlement and someone thinking way out of norm training time frames need to be addressed in some way for those being adversely affected by them,in financial means or otherwise.

I mean hell if the FAA doesn't owe me shit and doesn't need to be held accountable for anything work environment and working condition related, why even have a union?
Again I think the training needs to be addressed, there are many issues with the system. And the union is as much to blame as the FAA for training deficiencies at facilities for the most part. But you as a trainee aren’t entitled to compensation for the way things are in the training department. No where does it say you will be making X amount of money inside 2 years etc etc.

I find it entertaining all these center controllers complaining about $$ when a level 5 person stuck in a low staffed facility starts behind the pay curve from them day one and will never be able to catch them.

Again I think the training needs to be addressed, there are many issues with the system. And the union is as much to blame as the FAA for training deficiencies at facilities for the most part. But you as a trainee aren’t entitled to compensation for the way things are in the training department. No where does it say you will be making X amount of money inside 2 years etc etc.

I find it entertaining all these center controllers complaining about $$ when a level 5 person stuck in a low staffed facility starts behind the pay curve from them day one and will never be able to catch them.
I'm not saying you should just automatically get raises or CPC pay if your training runs long. Not at all, and I totally understand why they don't set hard times for these things, because every trainee and fac is different, and there's no guarantee you'll move up the scale in a given time, much less CPC. Ive seen all this first hand, not my first rodeo, though thats a far cry from just being stuck in limbo due to mismanagement.

I'm saying if you've been at a facility for literal years and have spent relatively little of your time there actively training, meanwhile peers at like facilities are certifying years sooner in some instances there needs to be some recourse to right that wrong when it's such an obvious and egregious misstep by the agency and local management.

Again, there are are options outside of financial compensation (though again, I think a checkout bonus based on some formula taking into account training delays sounds nice), but the "shut up and deal with it" attitude isn't engendering a lot of support for the union among newer controllers and those who are stuck in limbo bullshit trainee status whose only fault is trying to advance thier careers.

You are correct, you aren't entitled to anything not in the contract, I'm saying there should be something in the contract to make your coworkers stuck in that boat whole again, just like any other issue that's grievable but not necessarily a money thing.

Last edited:
anti trainee agenda lol... what a victim complex. I moved it because it had jack shit to do with questions for candidates. you know, the actual topic.
Lmao come on dude, you said it “had jack shit to do with questions for candidates” and one of my posts you moved literally had the phrase “asking candidates questions” in the post.

Lmao come on dude, you said it “had jack shit to do with questions for candidates” and one of my posts you moved literally had the phrase “asking candidates questions” in the post.
Context dude, ideally each post in that thread should be a direct question you might ask a candidate to their face. A discussion about asking questions is not quite that. Put it here or in the training hold thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom