Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are posting false information. Do you even realize that.
Source that it doesn’t reduce spreading it or getting it?
holy shit you havent read anything about it have you? literally just google it.

“Most vaccines prevent disease as opposed to preventing infection,” says Anna Durbin, a professor of international health at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health who is working on the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine trial and previously worked on the Pfizer vaccine trial. She believes Covid vaccine studies will eventually show a reduction in asymptomatic transmission but not a complete elimination.

Why would scientists make vaccines that protect against only a disease rather than the virus that causes it?

What do you think that tiny amount of material is going to do? Is there an example of a vaccine side effect remaining dormant for years and coming back to kill you?
Tiny? Everything was rushed. Vaccines were rushed. There’s no example YET because guess what, we don’t have the information. Time is all we have. I’m with shark bait.

holy shit you havent read anything about it have you? literally just google it.

“Most vaccines prevent disease as opposed to preventing infection,” says Anna Durbin, a professor of international health at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health who is working on the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine trial and previously worked on the Pfizer vaccine trial. She believes Covid vaccine studies will eventually show a reduction in asymptomatic transmission but not a complete elimination.

Why would scientists make vaccines that protect against only a disease rather than the virus that causes it?

You are citing old shit.

Results showed that following the second dose of vaccine (the recommended number of doses), risk of infection was reduced by 90 percent two or more weeks after vaccination. Following a single dose of either vaccine, the participants’ risk of infection with SARS-CoV-2 was reduced by 80 percent two or more weeks after vaccination.

They have actual data now that so many people have been vaccinated.

Tiny? Everything was rushed. Vaccines were rushed. There’s no example YET because guess what, we don’t have the information. Time is all we have. I’m with shark bait.
32 going to go back to the doctor and try to return his vaccine once he learns all it does is reduce the symptoms and if you are a healthy young person(not obese with COPD and unhealthy ben and jerrys addiction) and his survival rate was higher than the flu

32 going to go back to the doctor and try to return his vaccine once he learns all it does is reduce the symptoms and if you are a healthy young person(not obese with COPD and unhealthy ben and jerrys addiction) and his survival rate was higher than the flu
It does a lot more than reduce symptoms. But keep regurgitating fake news.

if you have a guy in the overhead and then you have a departure. The MVA is 2500, the pattern altitude is 3000. Can you have a small depart under the large in the overhead? With the restriction of 2500? Or should I wait for the large to get the vaccine?

It does a lot more than reduce symptoms. But keep regurgitating fake news.
From the article you posted -

Researchers were able to look for evidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection irrespective of symptoms. A small number (10.7 percent) of infections in this study were asymptomatic (i.e., did not result in symptoms). However, the majority of infections (58 percent) occurred among people whose infections were identified by testing before they developed symptoms or knew they were infected. The study demonstrates that these two mRNA vaccines can reduce the risk of all SARS-CoV-2 infections, not just symptomatic infections.

So they still got COVID, but it reduced their symptoms? Thats literally what I was saying.

Oh and the articles I qouted were from January and February this year. Your a total blueanon but its okay, Ill accept you the same amount I accept all the trumptards

Researchers were able to look for evidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection irrespective of symptoms. A small number (10.7 percent) of infections in this study were asymptomatic (i.e., did not result in symptoms). However, the majority of infections (58 percent) occurred among people whose infections were identified by testing before they developed symptoms or knew they were infected. The study demonstrates that these two mRNA vaccines can reduce the risk of all SARS-CoV-2 infections, not just symptomatic infections.

So they still got COVID, but it reduced their symptoms? Thats literally what I was saying.

Oh and the articles I qouted were from January and February this year. Your a total blueanon but its okay, Ill accept you the same amount I accept all the trumptards
It’s literally saying that you have a 90% chance of NOT getting infected. Why do you think the CDC said that vaccinated people can travel?

Seems pretty legit to me.

Bro you can’t fix him. It’s too late

Bro you can’t fix him. It’s too late
I dont mind, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make em drink. When this whole vaccine thing went political and people stopped looking at the facts and instead turned to their political leaders I knew people would have their minds made up. I remember the thermaldahide babies and other things like agent orange that people were told were safe by their governments. I weighed my risk of COVID vs the unknown, short tested vaccine and im okay with that.

I dont mind, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make em drink. When this whole vaccine thing went political and people stopped looking at the facts and instead turned to their political leaders I knew people would have their minds made up. I remember the thermaldahide babies and other things like agent orange that people were told were safe by their governments. I weighed my risk of COVID vs the unknown, short tested vaccine and im okay with that.
Even trump and Sarah Palin say to get the vaccine. I know several people with lingering covid symptoms. Don’t know anyone with lingering vaccine symptoms. And I know a lot of vaccinated people.

Even trump and Sarah Palin say to get the vaccine. I know several people with lingering covid symptoms. Don’t know anyone with lingering vaccine symptoms. And I know a lot of vaccinated people.
So have you watched the news in the past say two months? Have you noticed that leading up to Election Day and then Inauguration Day guess what? News was spreading covid cases/deaths constantly. I can’t tell you how many people have died anymore. Because I haven’t seen it on the news in big bold font. I don’t even see coronavirus even on the news. You’re very adamant about everyone getting the vaccine.

It was very political for a while, Kamala Harris said she wouldnt get it under a trump presidency. But once Biden became President I've seen Republicans say the same thing.

I'm not guaranteeing that its a flop or unintended side effects will for sure happen. But I know enough to say that I will take my chances with COVID as a young healthy person over a vaccine with an emergency approval from the government.

It was very political for a while, Kamala Harris said she wouldnt get it under a trump presidency. But once Biden became President I've seen Republicans say the same thing.

I'm not guaranteeing that its a flop or unintended side effects will for sure happen. But I know enough to say that I will take my chances with COVID as a young healthy person over a vaccine with an emergency approval from the government.
Weird Israel is just as partisan as us and they all got it. And they cases plummeted. Weird.

It's because you're wrong and spreading bullshit. The technology and studies of the vaccine have been around a long time. It was modified for COVID just like they change vaccines every year for seasonal flu. But you don't hear all you high school graduates turned doctors whining about that. But of course controllers get their MD from Facebook and are far smarter than the general public.
I am not wrong. We don’t know the long term affects of the vaccine. You know anyone that has had it for a decade? 5 years? One year?????? Nope. So in fact nobody knows for sure if there will be long term affects. You can’t contradict this with month(s) long trials. Sorry. They also don’t know how long the vaccine will produce strong immune results. Could be six months. Could be years. There is the risk of needing a bi-annual shot.

mRNA is new technology that is for the first time approved for mass human use. A few articles I have read mention that 5 short years ago this would not have been possible to accomplish with mRNA. That’s pretty new in the grand scheme of medicine.

Also mentioned a few is that the fastest vaccine developed prior to the COVID-19 was for mumps in the ‘60s and that took four years. I don’t know how you can sit and say that the vaccine wasn’t rushed at all and will have no repercussions. All of sudden you guys trust the evil corporate pharmaceutical companies and their testing information, when you know they are trying to make $$$$ getting the vaccine to market first?

I have zero issues with people getting the vaccine. I support them and I will be getting it myself so I can travel internationally. I think the advances in medicine are great and hope this is out to use to help more people with other issues of possible.

My issue is with this mentality of “your way is right and everyone else is wrong and an idiot”. Trying to bully and shame people here and who knows where else, probably riding high on your Reddit bullshit, when you really don’t know the long term effects or how safe it is.

You all tout the doctors and medical professionals but are quick to write off any dissenting opinion you hear from a doctor. There are plenty of them out there publicly against the vaccine, but I guess their MDs don’t count eh?

So when people say “there could be issues down the road getting this vaccine and I am hesitant to get it” your only response can be “there might not be any reprocussions and it may work as intended. I was vaccinated one month ago and feel great”

TLDR: Get off your high horses and quit trying to force vaccinate people against their will.

Weird Israel is just as partisan as us and they all got it. And they cases plummeted. Weird.
I never said I was anti-vaccine for everyone, I think the old, obese and all the other unhealthy people should get it. The risk for them is far greater than any vaccine injury. But then again if they(young unfit people) hit the gym and put down the fork they could reduce the risk and not worry about a vaccine. There is a time and a place, but its not here or now for me or anyone else who knows the facts.

I never said I was anti-vaccine for everyone, I think the old, obese and all the other unhealthy people should get it. The risk for them is far greater than any vaccine injury. But then again if they(young unfit people) hit the gym and put down the fork they could reduce the risk and not worry about a vaccine. There is a time and a place, but its not here or now for me or anyone else who knows the facts.
I actually don’t care if you don’t get it. I care when you post things like the vaccine doesn’t reduce spread. And way more people are scientifically classified as obese than would admit.

I am not wrong. We don’t know the long term affects of the vaccine. You know anyone that has had it for a decade? 5 years? One year?????? Nope. So in fact nobody knows for sure if there will be long term affects. You can’t contradict this with month(s) long trials. Sorry. They also don’t know how long the vaccine will produce strong immune results. Could be six months. Could be years. There is the risk of needing a bi-annual shot.

mRNA is new technology that is for the first time approved for mass human use. A few articles I have read mention that 5 short years ago this would not have been possible to accomplish with mRNA. That’s pretty new in the grand scheme of medicine.

Also mentioned a few is that the fastest vaccine developed prior to the COVID-19 was for mumps in the ‘60s and that took four years. I don’t know how you can sit and say that the vaccine wasn’t rushed at all and will have no repercussions. All of sudden you guys trust the evil corporate pharmaceutical companies and their testing information, when you know they are trying to make $$$$ getting the vaccine to market first?

I have zero issues with people getting the vaccine. I support them and I will be getting it myself so I can travel internationally. I think the advances in medicine are great and hope this is out to use to help more people with other issues of possible.

My issue is with this mentality of “your way is right and everyone else is wrong and an idiot”. Trying to bully and shame people here and who knows where else, probably riding high on your Reddit bullshit, when you really don’t know the long term effects or how safe it is.

You all tout the doctors and medical professionals but are quick to write off any dissenting opinion you hear from a doctor. There are plenty of them out there publicly against the vaccine, but I guess their MDs don’t count eh?

So when people say “there could be issues down the road getting this vaccine and I am hesitant to get it” your only response can be “there might not be any reprocussions and it may work as intended. I was vaccinated one month ago and feel great”

TLDR: Get off your high horses and quit trying to force vaccinate people against their will.
??

They’ve been working on mrna vaccines for 10 years. Please enlighten us on which steps were skipped
It's because you're wrong and spreading bullshit. The technology and studies of the vaccine have been around a long time. It was modified for COVID just like they change vaccines every year for seasonal flu. But you don't hear all you high school graduates turned doctors whining about that. But of course controllers get their MD from Facebook and are far smarter than the general public.
While I don't doubt the vaccines are safe, and I trust the professionals in the medical field, if you can't see the irony in your own comments here I don't know what to say.

Based on the info avaliable, and the possible ramifications to people I'm regularly around and care about, I chose to get it, but I think shaming someone else for choosing differently is fucking stupid, and the justification of "I don't trust the rushed process" is totally valid imho, and I'd be lying if it doesn't cross my mind anytime I have this conversation with someone.

Then again, I think there's a lot of people who are subject to big time groupthink and virtue signaling just getting it to not be seen as "one of those people", and those I find are your biggest zealots.

Seriously I can't for the life of me see why someone would give a shit about what someone else chooses to put in thier bodies (or not).

The whole argument is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom