Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stupid part about the wording of this is if you’re in the building already working as a D-Side you can’t train if you’re vaccinated, but an AG who has been vaccinated will be allowed back in the building to train. It explicitly excludes “those presently assigned and working an operational schedule”. What sense does that make?
You realize they are allowed back, but they will not be training either.

Line up and wait
While I don't doubt the vaccines are safe, and I trust the professionals in the medical field, if you can't see the irony in your own comments here I don't know what to say.

Based on the info avaliable, and the possible ramifications to people I'm regularly around and care about, I chose to get it, but I think shaming someone else for choosing differently is fucking stupid, and the justification of "I don't trust the rushed process" is totally valid imho, and I'd be lying if it doesn't cross my mind anytime I have this conversation with someone.

Then again, I think there's a lot of people who are subject to big time groupthink and virtue signaling just getting it to not be seen as "one of those people", and those I find are your biggest zealots.

Seriously I can't for the life of me see why someone would give a shit about what someone else chooses to put in thier bodies (or not).

The whole argument is stupid.
If we don't care about what we're putting in our bodies why am I pregnant

It says if you’re fully vaccinated you’re “no longer subject to the gating criteria or OJT resumption plan.”

Also: “The Parties at the local level shall work collaboratively to schedule the employees return to duty and ensure the individuals resume training if training is required.”

You were just prepping for a pandemic and grocery shortage right? If that was the case I would say you were incredibly smart!
**In Maury voice** The polygraph has determined that explanation... is a lie.

fight love GIF by Elijah and Christine

So when people say “there could be issues down the road getting this vaccine and I am hesitant to get it” your only response can be “there WILL be issues down the road if you DON'T get the vaccine”
Fixed it for you.

The problem is that while we don't know what the vaccine might do (if anything), we do know what the virus does. It kills people, makes them sick-- mildly or seriously, short term (days) or longer term (months), it transmits to vulnerable portions of the population.

Your present concern about.... well I'm not sure what it's about..... that's about as valid as if I were to assert that by next year the vaccine will have mutated and given us all superhuman powers.

It's like you're in the middle of the road with a motorcycle headed straight for you--- and maybe it'll avoid you altogether or maybe it'll hit you but just slightly injure you, or it'll kick up some dust in your eye--- and you should move out of the way, but you're hesitant because of what might happen down the line if you do.

If you're under 50, the odds of dying from COVID are about 1/10,000, your odds of hospitalization from COVID is about 1/2,500. Meanwhile your odds of hospitalization from the vaccine are 1/--- ? Maybe a million. Some people have had allergic reactions, to my understanding. And your odds of death from the vaccine are zero.

TL: DR, your odds of dying from COVID are infinitely higher than your odds of dying from the vaccine. You don't have to get it if you don't want, but one decision is clearly smarter than the other.

Fixed it for you.

The problem is that while we don't know what the vaccine might do (if anything), we do know what the virus does. It kills people, makes them sick-- mildly or seriously, short term (days) or longer term (months), it transmits to vulnerable portions of the population.

Your present concern about.... well I'm not sure what it's about..... that's about as valid as if I were to assert that by next year the vaccine will have mutated and given us all superhuman powers.

It's like you're in the middle of the road with a motorcycle headed straight for you--- and maybe it'll avoid you altogether or maybe it'll hit you but just slightly injure you, or it'll kick up some dust in your eye--- and you should move out of the way, but you're hesitant because of what might happen down the line if you do.

If you're under 50, the odds of dying from COVID are about 1/10,000, your odds of hospitalization from COVID is about 1/2,500. Meanwhile your odds of hospitalization from the vaccine are 1/--- ? Maybe a million. Some people have had allergic reactions, to my understanding. And your odds of death from the vaccine are zero.

TL: DR, your odds of dying from COVID are infinitely higher than your odds of dying from the vaccine. You don't have to get it if you don't want, but one decision is clearly smarter than the other.
But what are my odds of becoming a 5G Hotspot?

I don't know if it actually got spelled out in the preceding mess, but the data the trials didn't collect (why on earth not, btw??) on risk of actual infection and transmission has been coming together and came into much sharper focus in the last few weeks. The data suggests that vaccination reduces your chance of being infected (asymptomatically or otherwise) by 90%, and the reduced severity that the trials were actually measuring means that the overall risk of transmission is even lower. For those who stayed pretty isolated for a whole year to protect fragile family members, this news was rooftop shouting kind of news.

We face the same issue with how long they're saying protection is good for - I've heard people fixate on that hopeless sounding twelve week number. They can't clear it for anything longer than they have data for - but we collect and analyze more data every day. We'll know more soon. That's how this all works.

This is a terrible analogy lol

Fixed it for you.

Making a lot of assumptions..
What are the odds I had rona and didn't know it? Apparently high enough I wear a mask.
Why does the W.H.O have a reserve finance for adverse reactions, but the manufacturers aren't liable in the u.s?
The U.S. is just starting to centralize vaccine reaction info, meanwhile the u.k. has their data out, I've attached it but the april report should be out.
I was around when propoganda said sadam hussein was our biggest ally in the middle east, I've read about the tuskegee airmen, the vaccines are granted emergency authorization and you're faulting people for having doubts? On something nobody is liable for and the fda hasn't cleared?
I'm going to get it still because I'm high risk

Attachments

• IMG_20210408_113043.jpg
    IMG_20210408_113043.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 19
Making a lot of assumptions..
What are the odds I had rona and didn't know it? Apparently high enough I wear a mask.
Why does the W.H.O have a reserve finance for adverse reactions, but the manufacturers aren't liable in the u.s?
The U.S. is just starting to centralize vaccine reaction info, meanwhile the u.k. has their data out, I've attached it but the april report should be out.
I was around when propoganda said sadam hussein was our biggest ally in the middle east, I've read about the tuskegee airmen, the vaccines are granted emergency authorization and you're faulting people for having doubts? On something nobody is liable for and the fda hasn't cleared?
I'm going to get it still because I'm high risk
the fda has cleared it. That’s what authorization means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom